CHA Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN19 December 2018
Our firm was acquired by CHA in 2013. The firm culture was very from that of the firm that was acquired. You were just a number and the management style was very harsh. Scores of people left after the merger, and the local office went from 30 to just 1 person is left in the local office.
Pros
Great firm to work for before the acquistion by CHA
Cons
Very hard to work for after the acqusaition by CHA
Does not value employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NY6 June 2018
CHA does not value their employees, they say they want to inspire you, but they do not. They also do not find out and care about your work load or what type of work that you do. The executive team is only concerned about $ & %, not the staff. It is a toxic environment.
Pros
Great professional staff from management to support staff. We care about eachother
Cons
Executive management--very cold.
Disconnected from understanding their clients/ H.R. restuctured, disorganized, top-heavy
Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NY5 March 2018
I was hired fulltime to be a Resident Engineer for a long standing client of CHA. The client decided to change their scope after I was established resulting in my position being in danger.

I have been re-assigned to an office-temporary- for submittal review. Once this part of the construction is closed out, I will be laid off.
Office 'culture' is cold, with a lot of insecure game playing.

H.R. immediately blamed me for the above and accused me of not performing my job properly. I have proof that this response was un-warranted, and knee-jerk aggressive, with no bearing in the reality of the given situation.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
See above
Summer Internship
Field surveying instrument operator (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NY14 November 2017
CHA is very involved with their interns, they embrace you as a member of their team. Their goal is to develop your knowledge and skills so that someday you can contribute to the company. The workplace is very competitive, you will work alongside other interns who are all motivated and driven to achieve success at CHA.
Pros
free intern lunches during meeting
Cons
intern t-shirts need some work
Top Heavy Company with good people
Technical Intern - Environmental Group (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NY4 October 2017
Great employees and engineers, engineering managers are great, but administrators are out of touch.

Flexible working schedule and a wide variety of projects to work on.
Great Company
Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY23 August 2016
CHA was a very good company but my career goals were not in line with theirs. I was also located in Albany and my main goal had been to move back to my home town of Syracuse, NY.
Great Internship Experience
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, MA9 June 2016
Is a large Engineering company with small Architectural group of 5 people. Focused on Sports and Recreational Facilities, stadiums, and field houses. Worked for and under 3 different architects. Updated structural details, ordered sample materials, spoke with regional representatives, ordered product specifications, and created schematic design options.

Loved working with my direct supervisor, was very patient, understanding and supportive in teaching me. Great work environment and office space at the time.
A typical day
Assistant Engineering Designer/Tech/Cadd Op (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 August 2015
Using Civil 3D to design aviation plans for clients. The ability to learn from my managers was instrumental to where I am today in my career.
Was a fun place to work
Principal Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY13 June 2014
The work environment went down when the firm was purchased 5 years ago. There are new leaders at the top with new ideas. I wish them luck.

I did learn a great deal about InRoads on my own.
Pros
Fun place to work for the first 20 years out of 25 that I was there.
Cons
No lunch room, you eat at your desk. No outside activities during work hours.
Great place to intern
Water/Wastewater Intern (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VA11 June 2014
My co-workers were always willing to help me find new and exciting tasks to work on. Sometimes it was difficult to find billable work. I enjoyed the work outdoors which included taking groundwater samples and driving to sites. The hardest part of my job was watching CCTV videos and reviewing sanitary sewer pipelines because it sometimes seemed like the pipes would go on forever. I did get to listen to music while doing it though, which helped. I wish that I had more outings with the coworkers in the office. The hours were flexible and I could come and go as I pleased as long as I got my 40 hours a week in.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY20 July 2013
As an Administrative Assistant for the Finance Department, I was able to work with many different departments. I helped manage calendars, re-vamp the filing system, scan, email, file, etc. I worked with many different types of people and learned how to communicate best with all of them in order to ensure a happy productive work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHA Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.