CH2M Employee Reviews

Think twice befor apply
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2018
I worked for 2weeks the company sold 2 times
Manager, Supervisor and a worker from the same town
The manager has no kind of communication All favoursim discrimination. Safety means don't speak up
Is not good for immigrants
Pros
Close to town
Cons
You got fly
Very good workplace
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
working in CH2M is good
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  CALGARY AB22 May 2018
I do enjoy working while I was on duty. Once when a job is assigned to me. It is always a good challenge to me. To have a mission accomplished on time in a good order manner will bring me the most successful feeling. Every single day is a new lesson to me. Learning is a life time ongoing process that you can learn how to learn. Management is something you have follow others direction. I hate to be managed by others. instead I like to manage others without let them know they are being managed. Regarding workplace culture, I can easily be fitted in the Organization as a key member and bring in value to that organization. When some one say the coffee cup is half empty I can always agree that it is also half full. Flexibility is key factor to bring the other party to work with you. The hardest part of the job is boring. I never fell bore, those companies I once worked for, have brought me a group of people as my friends. I enjoy people and how to work with people. The key success in my job assignment is deal with people.
Pros
having mission accomplished at all cost
Cons
Not enough Pros to me in itself is Cons
US ownership, all about the bottom line. Don't understand Canadian culture and employment standards like maternity leave.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Cost cutting instead of revenue building in order to appease shareholders and reach the bottom line, Terrible company. US ownership, not really interested in learning Canadian culture, holds the US-centric ideals, and ask silly questions about the amount of snow etc. One manager refused to travel to Toronto until the summer when the climate in his state was much worse.
Pros
work at home on occasion
Cons
expected to be available at all hours via phone, text, email
Bridge Deck Tester
Bridge Deck Tester (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2018
I learned and grew as an employee. I had a great summer position with CH2M. On Monday's the crew would leave and travel to bridges throughout Alberta. Testing included rebar, debonding, delamination, and corrosive testing. The hours were 12-14 hour days with great potential to make overtime.
Ideal work environment
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worley Parsons Calgary Canada14 February 2018
Employees have a clear sense of purpose; employees understand their immediate and long-term goals.leadership established a clear purpose for the organization
Professional and Courteous
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 January 2018
Well educated individuals who collaborated well together and assisted each other when and where possible. Respectful of others and their role within the organization. Collaborative and communicative throughout the organization. Well respected by all and a solid and good reputation out in the field. Loved working here.
Productive and competative
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2017
its a good place to work especially if your an engineer.

Many changes are happening right now in the company.

Company just got sold to Jacobs.

i amalso the Office Safety Coordinator in charge of the first aid team and fire teams. Resposible for all Health and Safety concerns in the office.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
many lay offs have been in the works and more to come. also no msp coverage
Good job place
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Very genius people environment at work place. Get good and big project in the world and completed in good time. No stress at work place. Do work with fun with your coworkers. Feel like a real family.
Passionate About Their Projects
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Great passion and pride in the projects employees are working on. Great coworkers, caring and respectful. Recognition programs in place for those that go above and beyond. Very modern as they have a social media presence. Diverse staff and very inclusive.
Pros
Passionate Coworkers
Cons
Internal changes consistent, must be adaptable
Fine Company
Lead hand for construction of the co-gen building (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2017
CH2M was a fine company to work for. I enjoyed working for them They are a good company.

My typical day was good. I enjoyed it. It was good. I liked it
Very productive and fullfiling place to work.
Hydro Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 February 2017
Started work at 6:00 a.m. Had our PTI meeting with the guys ,outlined our plan of the day ,did stretches, made sure the work place was safe. I made sure that packages were ready when the men needed them, had items they needed to complete their tasks was at the proper place. Asked the guys to report on their progress periodically. Some days I would be pulling on wrenches with the guys creating morale. Management was excellent to deal with and was always open to different ideas coming from the supervisors or the men on deck . The workplace culture was always about safety and maintaining a positive work force. There were times working with QC time schedules that would make it difficult . The gang was always glad to see each other and worked well together. Great comradery.
Pros
Balance between life and work
Cons
end of job
Was not with ch2m long due to lack of work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 February 2017
This was my first camp job away a from home. The job was great. People were friendly. Had a great boss who taught me lots of new traits and helped me learn as I worked at his side.
Excellent company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 December 2016
Co-workers are amazing to work with and management is excellent! The best part of the job is the work environment, very friendly and helpful staff.
enviromental study
Enviroment worker (Former Employee) –  Burns Lake, BC8 July 2016
i did plant studies,and land studies.we studied diffrent kind of plants and animal habitate.recorded everything we saw.went for helicopter rides.
Hard to review during Oil Bust
Archaeology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
Company is quite corporate and not very employee oriented.

It is hard to give an accurate review given the current oil bust in Calgary where many companies are having to lay-off hundreds of employees.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Oil bust, corporate environment
Nice experince
Manager C/S (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2016
It was great experience working with CH2M.
Projects were challenging, team was great, management was good.
Just job security was always an issue especially in Oil and Gas business group.
Pros
Chalenging work, great team, great work environment
Cons
job security was always an issue
Professional and highly technical teams.
VP Business Development and Planning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Well organized.
Talented People.
Increased market share.
Project development & International experience.
Secured major contracts in Western Canada.
Site Operations - Constantly busy Days In and Days Out
Site Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 March 2016
Days usually started at 5:00am to make Site by 7:00am, and from there problem solve/supervise any materials or transport issues that may arise and move onto the next Site. Driving time was about 60% due to the distance between multiple Sites with about 40% spent in the warehouse office.

Gained a great deal of knowledge about BC and it's own transportation laws as compared to AB, and what is required to successfully transport anything between the 2 provinces. Gave me greater insight as well into working with Bonds on shipments.

Because of my time at the warehouse, I gained greater knowledge in materials and tracking systems, plus identification and problem solving skills when it comes to tracking anything regarding OS&D's.

Co-workers were great - the team was very communicative to back one another up in all aspects, and we frequently had meetings twice a week, typically end of day after shifts to bring up any issues we may be having and how to solve them and move forward.

Hardest part was most the constant driving, especially in winter conditions. Due to my job on this project, there were times I could not make a flight back and my schedule was constantly changing - because of the remoteness and what flights were available at the time in Dawson Creek, I usually had to drive 2hrs to Grande Prairie to catch a flight out or drive direct to Calgary for time off.
Pros
Free Breakfast/Some Dinners
Cons
Long Hours - Expected to work even on days off
Work team feels like a family
Environmental Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
great teams to work in, make you feel like a family member. colleagues really take care of each other in terms of work load and personal support.
Cons
frustrating when light on work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.