CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS

CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS Employee Reviews for District Sales Manager

District Sales Manager2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
Interview process and management are the most open and honest in an organization I have been with. They tell you exactly what to expect in the field, the ratios of success and how to get there.
This job requires "pulling" on 30 doors a day of businesses in person, rain, shine, snow, cold etc...

I don't think sales experience is a must at all, you need to be able to do a repetitive script all day long with most people saying no. If you can handle constant rejection and can enjoy the few victories each week then you can do this job. If you don't like rejection, repetitiveness and working alone then this isn't for you.

They have reps who absolutely love this job and do very well at it, the only way to really know is to try, but seriously think about what I said and who you really are not who you think you can be.
Official response from CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS
6 January 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time at CFIB. I am really pleased that you recognized our open and transparent management style. As you noted, a career at CFIB isn’t for everyone and we try to be as upfront as possible about the wonderful and sometimes challenging parts of each position. It is absolutely true that prospecting independent business owners is an important part of the District Manager job and an element of rejection comes with it. While we have an impressive 110,000 business owners as members, the even better news is that there are 1.1 million small business owners across Canada, and millions more self-employed Canadians who are eligible to become members of CFIB.

In addition to encouraging our District Managers to visit prospects on their own, we are working hard to provide more and better quality leads from our various partners and create ways to encourage more referrals from existing members. Our Business Counselling services completed 40,000 calls from members last year with a 95% satisfaction rating. We are looking to leverage these results to ask members for the names of other business owners who may benefit from learning more about this key service.

As you note, we have many staff who love this role and do very well at it. Those who do best are typically those who are motivated by meaningful work. Supporting small business owners in having a greater voice in the policies that affect them does not just help our members directly. It also improves the country by helping small business owners focus on growing
 - more...
A fantastic organization that listens to its people, takes their views and opinions into consideration before making final decisions. If you can work in a very isolated role with little to no pier communication, this is the place for you. The pay structure and work/life balance is second to none. Managers are there if you need them, but not on your back as long as you are hitting your targets, which are incredibly realistic, you will love this job.
If you need more social interaction with colleagues and can't take a lot of no's, reconsider. This is a sales role and it takes knocking on doors to hit your targets. Again, this can be accomplished, but if you don't go out every day and cold call, you won't make the money.
Pros
Work/life balance and pay structure
Cons
Sales with a lot of rejection and time on your own.
Official response from CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS
7 November 2018
Thanks very much for the positive comments. I think you accurately describe the many wonderful (and challenging) parts of the job. We try hard to ensure we create roles with good work/life balance and the flexibility the District Manager job allows helps us attract many great people. You are right that the job isn’t for everyone, but those who are looking for a solid income while doing work with great meaning find a terrific home at CFIB. That is why we are proud to have dozens of employees with 25, 30 and now even 40 years of employment at CFIB (I will celebrate my 25th anniversary next spring). Thanks again for writing and please don’t be shy about sharing any advice with me directly on an ongoing basis.

Dan Kelly, President and CEO
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8