CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS logo
CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS

CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Door to Door sales.

The role is very challenging with moderate pay. In order to even come close to the income level they purport, count on working 50 hours weekly, every week. The organization IS bonafide and it does actually serve it's membership very well however.

Pros

Some members really do appreciate the work that CFIB does; many don't however.

Cons

Strictly scripted presentation with no room for creativity, income opportunity is far below what they present to recruit people, sadly.

23 June 2021
Thanks for sharing your comments on your time at CFIB. I'm pleased you recognize the important work of the organization in serving our 95,000 small business members. I agree that most of our members really do appreciate our work, but like in any group, there are those who may not. The role of the District Manager is to help our members and prospects better understand the ways a CFIB membership can benefit them. We can always do this better.As for the challenges you faced, I agree that the District Manager role is not for everyone. But we do have many DMs earning very strong incomes while doing incredibly meaningful work. Time management in following up on leads and membership renewals is a critical element of the job as we work to ensure our annual meetings with members are kept tight. It is not clear on when you left your CFIB position, but our new member presentation is far less scripted than in the past. We do ask District Managers to consistently present the benefits of belonging to CFIB in order to protect the integrity of the organization. But in recent years, we have encouraged our staff to share presentation this using largely their own words.Thanks for the constructive feedback – I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Wasted time and money

Brutal experience. Its a slow death working here. You might feel great at the beginning and then after your launched - you're alone WITH A BUSINESS OWNER with no protection and no idea if they;ll become a member. Your job depends on it and its a mean mean environment with management. The grind you to no end so they get their bonus. Wasted time and money. Government should shut them down.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Lots

23 June 2021
Wow, this is certainly a negative review. As readers of CFIB’s profile on this site know, I’m not at all offended by reviews that offer constructive criticism of their time at the Federation. We do many things well, but we are not perfect, and I always benefit from reflecting on the feedback, even when it challenges my perspective.While I am sorry your work at CFIB was not what you expected, I am puzzled that you found no positives at all in your time. We are super clear about what the job entails – including all the wonderful and more challenging elements of the membership sales role. It seemed you were surprised that you would be alone with a business owner who may or may not become a member. I’m not sure how one could read our job descriptions or participate in our interview and training processes and miss this.For nearly all of our 50 years, CFIB has visited the vast majority of our members and prospects in person, regardless of where they are located in Canada. During much of the pandemic, we had to shift to do these meetings by telephone or online, but a direct visit or call is still one of the most critical elements of our sales model. We’ve worked very hard to ensure our staff complies with all COVID related restrictions throughout the pandemic. Perhaps you were expecting only to contact those who were already members, but renewing our existing membership is only one part of the job.As for our sales management team, they work very hard to ensure working at CFIB is a rewarding experience. They want to help our team members have meaningful work that allows them -

The best sales career available for unlimited earning potential if you have the discline, drive and determination to succeed.

I worked there for close to 10 years and it was by far the BEST career I have experienced and I expected to retire there. If you are driven, motivated, disciplined and can keep your eye on the ball and believe in the organizations' mandate - you will be supported to succeed.My reason for leaving - Management style changed - this is not a reflection of right or wrong, but it wasn't for me. I have many lifetime best friends from this career that are either no longer there, many for the same reason .... others who are still there and flourished to senior management roles as a direct result of their effort. Love you guys!CFIB is legit and is the leader in supporting privately owned SME's in Canada!

Pros

Unlmited earning potential

Cons

rejection for uncontrolled financial circumstances

6 May 2021
Thanks so much for the note and your decade of service to our members and colleagues. I really appreciate your recognition of the many strengths of the organization, particularly the support our team provides to help all staff become successful. I took special note of your comments on the change in management style and how it has worked for some, but not for others. I’d be interested in learning more about this, so please don’t be shy to share any other observations. Again, thank you for your time at CFIB. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Loved the job, compensation structure not in line with other companies.

I worked for CFIB for nearly 3 years. When I was hired I was lead to believe that after a year or so I would be making around $80,000 per year. Even during the pre-pandemic era, this was extremely difficult to do. The compensation structure and goals associated with it have not been adjusted to account for the pandemic, which has been gravely disappointing. Although I have managed to meet quarterly goals, business closures have led to claw backs of commission, leading to pay cheques that do not even cover my household expenses. The CEO is a wonderful man and my Direct supervisor was great, but I feel upper management could have done more to support us during the very difficult time of the pandemic. I will miss this position and my co-workers.

Pros

Great co-workers, independence, great hours, life-work balance

Cons

Poor compensation

6 May 2021
Thanks for sharing this important message – I do take it very seriously. There is no question that COVID has had an impact on CFIB as we depend on independent businesses for nearly all of our organizational revenue. So many small firms have been struggling and some have been forced to close their doors. This has had an impact on all parts of CFIB’s operations, especially as we made the commitment to continue to serve members during COVID who were not in a position to pay our annual membership fee. Management understood the pandemic would have an impact on District Managers’ overall compensation – making bonuses more difficult to achieve. We worked hard to shore up field compensation to insulate staff as much as we could during the pandemic.But things really started to turn around in the fall of 2020, and incomes began to return closer to normal levels. A big part of this was the surge in new business membership sales in the fall, which was helped by our non-stop media profile. In the end, CFIB delivered nearly 15,000 new paying memberships to businesses across Canada. Thank you for the kind words about me. I really appreciate them and wish you the best in your next role. Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Employeur Exemplaire

Pour quelqu'un qui est organisé et structuré, c est l emplois parfait. On n a l opportunité de bien comprendre la réalité des propriétaires de PME tout en leurs offrant des ressources pour les aider. Il faut être prêt à faire du '' Cold Call '' pour le développement des affaires, mais c est ce qui nous permet de rencontrer des gens passionnés dans une multitude de domaines et ainsi éviter la routine. Excellente condition de travail, on a toutes les ressources accessibles au sein de l entreprise. Salaire très intéressant quand on rencontre nos objectifs. Plusieurs opportunités disponibles au sein même de l entreprise. Programme de reconnaissance et plus encore. Je suis fier de travailler pour cette organisation depuis plus d un an. Ca dépasse toutes mes attentes.

Pros

Salaire, avantages sociaux et excellent support de l entreprise

Cons

Cold Call, semaine chargée pour rencontrer l atteinte des objectifs

21 May 2021
Quel gentil message! Merci beaucoup! J’apprécie sincèrement que vous ayez pris le temps de partager votre point de vue sur l’expérience que vous avez eue jusqu’à maintenant à la FCEI. Je suis tout à fait d’accord que c’est une entreprise formidable pour ceux qui sont organisés et structurés dans leur travail. Même si ce n’est pas toujours facile, à la FCEI, on peut avoir une carrière très enrichissante, tout particulièrement si on veut faire une différence sur le plan professionnel. Merci encore pour votre message. -Dan Kelly, président et chef de la direction

Great atmosphere, collaborative and great support

Working at CFIB has been an incredible experience. The director in the Calgary office works with great ethics, leadership and empathy. I constantly learn from her. My colleagues are always willing to reach out. The work environment is very healthy and harmonious, and I think that greatly helps productivity.Having started working at CFIB when COVID started showed me how an organization like this is constantly concerned about the mental well-being of the employee, knowing that empathy towards its employees generates empathy towards its members.It has been truly a blast working here.

Pros

Flexibility, great environment, great benefits.

19 March 2021
Thanks for the kind words. We are very lucky to have such terrific leadership in many of our regional offices, including in Calgary. We’ve worked hard to ensure we have a solid working environment for our team, especially during COVID. The work is definitely not easy, with so many of our members in need of our help. As it has been a stressful time for everyone, we’ve been happy to provide extra supports for our staff along the way. Thank you for taking the time to write.Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Environnement de travail axé sur le partage de connaissances.

Employeur de qualité qui a à coeur la réussite de chacun. Emploi stimulant au possible. Excellente équipe de gestion.

21 May 2021
Je vous remercie beaucoup pour vos compliments à l’égard de la FCEI. Il est vrai que la FCEI offre une expérience de travail intéressante et enrichissante. C’est justement ce qui explique que j’y sois depuis 27 ans. Vos gentils mots sur notre équipe de gestion me vont droit au cœur. Et vous avez raison : l’équipe de gestion est très efficace. -Dan Kelly, président et chef de la direction.

Belles valeurs

Une journée de travail typique est de parler à des proprios de PME et de faire connaître les avantages d'être membre.

Pros

Belle culture d'entreprise, belles valeurs qui s'alignent à mes valeurs. Tous les employés veulent aider, et aller dans le même sens, j'ai bien confiance que si un membre appelle, il sera servi de façon professionnelle, et sera satisfait.

Cons

Les PME sont trops occupées pour nous donner du temps, et découvrir la FCEI. Il faudrait trouver des façons de faire plus de publicité, faire connaître la FCEI lors du démarrage d'entreprise, etc.

25 March 2021
Merci pour vos précieux commentaires. Je suis ravi de voir que vos valeurs coïncident avec celles de la Fédération. En général, les personnes qui tiennent à faire une réelle différence dans la société s’épanouissent pleinement à la FCEI. Chaque jour, on peut être fier de l’aide que nous sommes en mesure d’apporter aux propriétaires de PME. Je suis d’accord pour dire que l’un des aspects les plus frustrants de notre travail soit qu’après 50 ans d’existence, de nombreux propriétaires d’entreprise ne savent toujours pas ce que nous faisons. Cela dit, nous arrivons mieux à nous faire connaître. Cette année, la FCEI a été mentionnée 75 000 fois dans les médias grâce au travail que nous avons fait durant la pandémie. Cela a amélioré notre visibilité dans tout le pays. Sachez que vos idées d’améliorations à ce niveau sont toujours les bienvenues.Dan Kelly, Président et chef de la direction.

Interesting...challenging...exciting work

Upper management unrealistic with target setting and expectations Especially during pandemic crisis Focus on new business far too strong consequently harming solidifying and servicing existing business. Thus making renewal process more challenging...Paid expenses too weak and minimal to be of benefit Gas allowance drastically lacking on personal vehicle use

Pros

Working and traveling with General managers.

Cons

Compensation value vs productivity insufficient

12 February 2021
Thanks for the review and comments. I completely agree that the work at CFIB is interesting, challenging and exciting – this year especially. I just completed a round of Zoom meetings with all of our District Managers across English Canada and was so pleased to hear how proud our team is with the work of the Federation in serving small business owners.During the pandemic, we took many measures to enhance the earning capacity of our District Managers, despite the challenges COVID presented to our overall membership revenue. I am pleased to report that we also managed to avoid any short-term layoffs as well. But 2020 was a challenging year for us all, particularly our small business owner members who had to endure many months of lockdowns in most regions across Canada.New business growth is indeed a priority for us at CFIB. In fact, last year, almost 15,000 businesses made the decision to join CFIB with a paying membership during the pandemic. I can tell you that we have never had this many business owners calling us to inquire about our services as we have over the past 10 months during COVID. I do appreciate your feedback on our compensation and expense policies. We are constantly reviewing ways to ensure we make CFIB a great place to work for strong performers. Thanks again for sharing your perspectives. Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Good organization but reps paid poorly

Very difficult to make a decent living. If you have a side gig and need freedom it's great. Compensation for District manager is very complex and difficult to understand. Prepare to cold call your butt off!!

Pros

Freedom, make your own schedule

Cons

Very small base, poor auto expenses

12 February 2021
Thanks for the note. I agree that the flexibility of the District Manager role is one of its many strong features. But it would be a mistake to look at the role as a part-time job or a side gig. The DM job is a challenging, full-time position and those who look at it this way make a very solid income.CFIB is working hard to provide more and better quality leads as well as improving and simplifying our compensation and sales dashboards. Again, I appreciate your feedback along the way.Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Jobs at CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS

See more jobs

Incredible training, onboarding and support of staff

A great place to work if you are a motivated and have great time management. Immersing yourself in the business community and meeting new businesses and people everyday was definitely a highlight. The organization is the reason we have small business in this country and your work helps to support that. Flexible schedule as the role is performance based and if you are a go-getter and can get the job done, you will succeed. Great opportunity to move throughout the organization and the country if you want as well.

Pros

Unlimited income potential

Cons

Cold calling

13 November 2020
Thanks very much for the positive feedback. I certainly agree that the mission of CFIB is incredibly important – particularly this year as we have been instrumental in calling for and fixing the various COVID support programs. I’m also very proud that our team has taken 65,000 calls from small business owners to provide individual help through the pandemic. The District Manager role is not always easy, but is incredibly important. Our team has brought on 12,000 new CFIB members this year – in the middle of a pandemic! This has helped us ensure we can provide service to small business owners who really need our support more than ever. I also entirely agree that this is a great place to work for those who are motivated by our mission and have good time management skills. We are lucky to have so many colleagues who proudly serve our members (and future members) every day. Thanks for writing.Dan KellyPresident and CEO

Nothing has changed with organization in over 20 years or more

Door-to-door sales to business owners (almost all business owners today HATE sales people bugging them without appointments) Fully scripted sales pitch - This didn't work all that well in the '70s or '80s and certainly is not the best strategy now No room for and no support of any originality - just want trained monkeys out doing the same thing door after door, day after day, month after month... just looking for those who are already brain dead or that have no objection to becoming numb.

Pros

CFIB is a very worthwhile organization - doing great things for independent business owners

Cons

As a sales organization they are completely stagnant, even have a high cancellation rate that they have no idea how to fix that works against reps

13 November 2020
Thanks for sharing your perspective on things at CFIB. I am happy that you recognize the importance of the mission of the Federation and our good work in serving small business owners. It isn’t clear to me if you were a recent employee or one who worked for us 20 years ago. What I can tell you is that we have made massive changes to our approaches to membership sales over the past few years. While we have kept a standardized presentation to ensure consistency and integrity across the country, the requirement to memorize pages of text has been eliminated. We encourage our District Managers to present the critical elements of our mission in their own words.And while cold-calling on small business owners is a part of the job, the most successful District Managers rely heavily on referrals they generate from our existing members. In 2020, our massive media profile (we’ve appeared over 50,000 times in news publications this year alone) has led to over 10,000 business owners calling us for support and inquiries about CFIB membership. It is also true that COVID-19 has meant we are struggling with member retention more than normal. That is why we made the decision not to cancel any business owner’s membership if they cannot pay our fee at the moment.I’m very proud of our team of District Managers. We were able to hang on to the vast majority of our team through the pandemic, implement new technology to allow our team to serve members remotely (including membership sales or renewals by phone) and have brought on 12,000 new businesses this year alone.Whether it was recent -

A good cause

Winter season is dreadful. You get paid what you are worth. Time and effort = $. Great outings and sense of belonging. Can be tough to stay motivated as you work on your own beside no one else

Pros

A good cause

Cons

Winter season

3 October 2020
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on your time at CFIB. While I agree that our work in supporting small business owners is a good cause at all times, the team's efforts during COVID have been incredible. We've taken 60,000 calls from members so far this year to provide assistance on all the major support programs and so many other issues.Working to visit business owners in the winter can be a bit tougher, but I'm from Winnipeg originally so I guess I'm used to it. I know Edmonton winters can be cold too.The job does offer a lot of independence and autonomy, but it can be lonely if one doesn't reach out to our colleagues in the region and across the country. I'm glad you found the role offered the financial rewards commensurate with one's efforts. Our new compensation system was designed to do just that.Again, thanks again for writing. Wishing you the best.Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Committed to a Better Canada by Supporting Small Businesses

CFIB is a place where everyone works towards supporting the local economy. It provides Purpose to your routine. There are people of all ages and there is no time to be lazy. Everyone rolls up their sleeves. The President and CEO is very personable and approachable. For those bilingual, it's a great place to be to use your French as a large number of employees are bilingual.

17 July 2020
Thanks for the very nice message. Yes, I hear the President is quite personable too (ha!)I appreciate your support of the team and cause. We really do have an awesome group of people working at CFIB and it is a big part of why we have so many staff with 10, 20, 30 and, in a few cases, 40 years of service at the Federation. It is also great to work in a bilingual environment in Toronto and across the country. I am so impressed with how many of our colleagues speak both French and English fluently, especially as I continue to push myself to use French more every day. Wishing you nothing but the best in the future.Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Takes a special type of person but can be rewarding

Interview process and management are the most open and honest in an organization I have been with. They tell you exactly what to expect in the field, the ratios of success and how to get there. This job requires "pulling" on 30 doors a day of businesses in person, rain, shine, snow, cold etc... I don't think sales experience is a must at all, you need to be able to do a repetitive script all day long with most people saying no. If you can handle constant rejection and can enjoy the few victories each week then you can do this job. If you don't like rejection, repetitiveness and working alone then this isn't for you. They have reps who absolutely love this job and do very well at it, the only way to really know is to try, but seriously think about what I said and who you really are not who you think you can be.

6 January 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time at CFIB. I am really pleased that you recognized our open and transparent management style. As you noted, a career at CFIB isn’t for everyone and we try to be as upfront as possible about the wonderful and sometimes challenging parts of each position. It is absolutely true that prospecting independent business owners is an important part of the District Manager job and an element of rejection comes with it. While we have an impressive 110,000 business owners as members, the even better news is that there are 1.1 million small business owners across Canada, and millions more self-employed Canadians who are eligible to become members of CFIB.In addition to encouraging our District Managers to visit prospects on their own, we are working hard to provide more and better quality leads from our various partners and create ways to encourage more referrals from existing members. Our Business Counselling services completed 40,000 calls from members last year with a 95% satisfaction rating. We are looking to leverage these results to ask members for the names of other business owners who may benefit from learning more about this key service.As you note, we have many staff who love this role and do very well at it. Those who do best are typically those who are motivated by meaningful work. Supporting small business owners in having a greater voice in the policies that affect them does not just help our members directly. It also improves the country by helping small business owners focus on growing -

Door to Door

Lot's of rejection with a scripted, generic offer. Reciting a script ver batim with no room for deviation. Some members are welcoming but many are simply suspect

Pros

set your own schedule

Cons

Income potential

6 January 2020
Thank you very much for providing this feedback. I’m pleased you found the flexibility to set your own schedule as a positive while you were with CFIB. More and more Canadians are looking for workplace flexibility to help balance work and family life, and we work hard to ensure this is part of the job at CFIB. Usually, the only time this starts to limit income potential is when someone mistakes flexibility for part-time work. Our District Manager roles are full-time positions and need to be treated as such.It is true that we provide a scripted presentation, but we’ve recently made major changes to ensure that District Managers can get the message across in various ways. We have taken the feedback we’ve received on Indeed and directly from our staff seriously. While it is critical that we get our key values across in a consistent way, our District Managers can use their own words in much of the presentation with members and prospects. With over 200 District Managers across Canada and 110,000 members, it is important to protect the integrity of the organization by ensuring everyone hears a consistent message.While many of our most successful District Managers continue to use cold-calling as an effective method of connecting with business owners, it is far from the only approach we use at CFIB. We are focused on providing more and better quality leads to our staff directly from our partners and marketing efforts. And satisfied members remain our best sources of referrals for new members. Our District Managers do a combination of renewing existing members and prospecting -

Great sales job, excellent training and support!

A wonderful and supportive work environment for anyone interested in Outside sales. I found it to be a very rewarding opportunity! If you like to have a sense of fulfillment from your job then you will love working for the cfib.

1 October 2019
Thanks so much for the positive comment. I’m so glad that you, like me, get a sense of fulfillment of your work at CFIB. More and more Canadians are looking for a job that allows them to make a difference in society in addition to earning a good living to support themselves and their families. With all the many battles we’ve fought and won for our 110,000 small business owner members, it really feels good. Small business owners just don’t get as much respect as they deserve. When we help fight off a new tax, reduce their costs of key business services or help them get an answer instead of being bounced around 10 different bureaucrats, we really do help business owners grow their firms and create jobs for other Canadians.I am also pleased to hear you’ve found our management team to be supportive. We work really hard to make this a terrific place to work, and while we are not always perfect, we are committed to staying open and listening to all compliments and constructive criticism. Thanks again for writing. Please don’t be shy to share any feedback directly with me on an ongoing basis. –Dan Kelly, President and CEO

The greatest office environment

Working for a company with such a great philosophy and a great team work environment is the reason why CFIB is in my opinion the best place to work at. As a recruiter i was really happy with the office environment and the amazing management. EVERYONE, is very supportive and happy, it brought some great experience and knowledge to myself. After moving on from my position, i would go back to CFIB in a heartbeat! GO CFIB

Pros

free coffee, donuts, cookies, great teams, happy environment, minimal stress

13 May 2019
Thank you very much for the encouraging words. I just celebrated my 25th anniversary with CFIB and I agree that the mission and corporate culture are hard to beat. Our Toronto office is filled with committed professionals who help serve our 110,000 members and 400 employees. I really appreciate the time you took to write and wish you the best in your new role. As you likely know, we have many colleagues that return to CFIB after gaining experience elsewhere and we’re always happy to have strong performers come back in the future.Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Awesome place to work

Speaking as an office worker, CFIB is an excellent place to work. Management is caring and will listen and deal with any complaint you may have. If you want to advance there's nothing to stop you but yourself. You are encouraged to take classes/courses if it will help you advance in your career. We are a not-for-profit business fully funded by our members. Membership is what keeps us going and we're now up to over 110,000 members and growing. I have the pleasure of speaking to our members on a daily basis. We deal with all types of inquiries and our Business Resource team is there to tackle any questions our members may have. We make life easier for the independent business. All they have to do is join CFIB as a member then they can sit back and focus on growing their business. When CRA comes calling and they don't know what to do, we step in an help them cut through the red tape and put their minds at ease. Professional, courteous sincere and eager to help. To me that what CFIB stands for.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Benefits are a little costly

10 April 2019
Wow! What a nice summary of what we do to serve our members. I really appreciate your feedback on the culture we’ve created and I’m pleased you see our management team as caring people. As a non-profit, CFIB is not a place to work where one can get rich, but we do try to ensure it is a place where strong performers can build meaningful careers. More and more Canadians are looking for some meaning and value in their working lives, and we certainly can deliver on that at the Federation. Thanks again for the lovely note – it made my day!Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Good workplace; good training, very positive

The management skills ongoing training was excellent. The culture is defined by the organization's goal to improve the work place life of entrepreneurs.

10 April 2019
Thanks very much for the positive comments on our management skills training. We’ve made significant investments in providing training opportunities for our staff and managers – it is good news that you saw this as worthwhile. We want to make sure our sales managers have all they need to provide support to our team to help grow and serve our members. I’m really glad you enjoyed your time at CFIB and wish you nothing but the best in the future. Dan Kelly, President and CEO

Great Organization / Poorly Choosen Marking and Managment

CFIB is a not-for-profit lobby organization that focuses on lobbying both the Federal and each Provincial governments to make / change / maintain policy that is favourable to Small Independently owned businesses who are their fee paying membership. A BDM position for any not-for-profit is a difficult position to maintain. Particularly since there aren’t a lot of funds available to compensate the position very well. Leaving the Federation with the ill-conceived marketing strategy of utilizing commission based compensation for BDM based on new member sales. The biggest problem they have created for themselves is that most of there sales come from repeat customers (members) for which they don’t compensate their BDM's very well at all to maintain. As such, they face a significant amount attrition since the primary focuses of there representatives is forced into prospecting for new potential business, and little attention is giving to maintaining their existing cliental. Creating a dismal spiral of seeking to manage the attrition they have spawned in their existing customers by chasing down new customer growth. So without being able to provide consistent representation to their members, which they struggle to maintain without a proper compensation structure, they delve deeper and deeper into that spiral every time they have to hire a new BDM in any given district. Making it a forgone conclusion that inevitably they will exhaust the prospective new business available to approach in any given district and they end up repeatedly calling on the same businesses over and over, much -

Pros

100% free to make and maintian your own scheudle, Evaluated only on perfomance expectaions and absoutly no micro-managing

Cons

Extensive, Non-reimbuseabled, Out-of-pocket expenses significnatly erode the modest salary and minimal commissions earned.

26 November 2018
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed advice. I was very pleased to see that you identified strongly with the mission and work of CFIB. I agree with you that our organization and the services that we provide to small business owners are incredibly important to our members and our country. The main reason we have dozens of staff who have been with CFIB for 20, 30 and now even 40 years is that they identify with our mission and find great meaning in their work. I also agree with your comments about the flexibility that the District Manager position offers and the absence of micro-management. All very true.As for your constructive criticism of our sales approaches, you raise some important points. As I’m not sure when you left us, I thought I should share that we are weeks away from launching our new District Manager compensation plan. This plan is largely based on the feedback that we’ve had from our team. The new plan includes a starting salary, commissions on both membership renewals and new business sales and significant performance-based bonuses. We’ve added a monthly and per-visit expense allowance and maintained a very good benefits package, even expanding our RRSP matching. We are working hard to ensure CFIB is a great place to find meaningful work with a very good income to support yourself and your family. On the management side, you are absolutely right that a top sales rep does not always make a top manager. We take great care in selecting and continuously developing our sales managers and I’m happy to say 2018 is shaping up to be our -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CFIB- CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement