Cervus Equipment Employee Reviews

Awful work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada9 July 2018
Very draining and a lot of work for very little pay.
Good people who work are not supported when they complain about issues in regard to management and spending. Work is done quickly and time isn’t taken to figure out issues only to fix them and make them go away.
Company culture lets those who make money get away with skirting deadlines and others work overtime to make sure things are done.
People with anger issues are allowed to bully others.
Stay away
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous6 January 2019
Bullying and belittling by the management team at my location was a common everyday occurrence.
Brought all of my experience from my old job, had to help the store manager understand some of the procedures.
I’m sure a grade 12 student could manage stores better than some of the current ones.
There were some nice employees at my location.
Pros
Cons
Little pay for years of work experience
Good work life balance
HR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
Good work life balance. Would recommend working here when looking for an entry level admin position.
A very fair employer. Many great opportunities to advance your career
Small truck dealership
Warehouse and delivery manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor-Walkerville, ON20 December 2018
Working to find qualified people, currently changing management due to issues I observed. Expect to be growing again shortly. They had some rather "unique" employees who have since left the company. This alone will dramatically improve the work atmosphere.
Shipper/Receiver/Parts and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2018
Working here for a few years has given me many skills that have helped me succeed with my life. The advancement opportunity here is significant and the company has grown ten-fold since I started.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Corporate
Branch manager is very driven to improve the branch overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2018
Management at branch is bright and positive with positive encouragement and engagement of staff. Corporate management has very little respect for lower level employees.
Great people to work with
Service Coordinator / Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2018
Growing company and staff felt like family. Ability to progress and grow within company. Competitive wages and benefits. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cervus
quiet working environment
branch administrator (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON24 February 2018
A typical day at work would included paperwork and computer work I learned how to use different programs on the computer. Management was professional, workplace culture was excellent. The hardest part of my job was shifting between two locations. The most enjoyable part was the kind staff.
Pros
Free coffee and monthly paid lunches
Cons
Commuting between two offices
Unstructured Work Environment
WAREHOUSE STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2018
Typical day was 7am to 530pm. Wasn't trained at all really, had to watch 8hrs of "training videos" then was just tossed in to the warehouse. No real direction on daily tasks. Very few approachable co-workers and managers.
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
no direction
A fair review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2018
You feel more like a disposable serial number in terms of employee status. Management see's you as another robot rather than a human, even after several years of work to input profits. Maybe that's why the yet to struggle on a everlasting journey of wondering why they can't keep anyone?
Fun place o work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK7 July 2018
Great Atmosphere

Extremely fair, Never a dull moment

Management for each department always friendly and Family Oriented

Mechanics were fun

No Drama
Pros
free Lunches, Bonuses
Suitable
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2018
Overall the environment was very good. Problem was that we where run from out of province and they downsized our office and they decided to terminate my position and removed our general branch manager.
bad management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2018
The place would be different if they got rid of a horrible manager that takes out his frustrations on all the staff, he cannot run his dealerships fair or recognize people for their hard work. Company is losing staff and money since his hiring.
This is where you want to work
Parts Technition (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan Agriculture1 April 2014
I've never worked for a company where there was so much investment in the employees. I've been with Cervus for one year and I need a calendar to keep track of training dates. Things like Cervus Leadership University and the training allowances for apprentices are also top tier.

The pay is reasonable and competitive, the benefits are good. the stock purchase plan is decent, it only kicks in after a year, but that is pretty standard in the industry.

Overall I feel Cervus is a company that is doing its best to be a great place to work and grow in your career.
Pros
Training, Advancement, Benefits
Cons
none!
Great people and leadership
Product Support Specialist - CMI Mulchers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
Great people with leadership that were involved with employees. Continuous training system for personal growth, great life balance. Senior Management actively involved in your future opportunities with new challenges and training support from world class trainers in sales, technical and customer support. Great company for young people to start there careers in construction, transportation and agriculture business.
Pros
Hours, training, people
good place to work overall
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Watrous, SK28 August 2018
enjoy working at this job. Just not busy enough for me. Need more of a challenge. would like to work more hours overtime. Customers are a pleasure to work for
Great
Shop/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
Good place to work. Great people. Management was great. Everyone is will to help help. Company functions were a lot of fun. Overall i had a great time working here.
great place to work, company itself is great, managers not so much
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK17 November 2017
My day would generally be quite busy as I had a coworker that really didn't pull their weight, so I was left to do much of the work. I learned that when a new manager comes in that has worked with some of your co workers, they will turn a blind eye to the fact that they are not pulling their weight. the work place culture was great for the most part everyone got along. hardest part of job was the fact that the manager had favorites. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and seeing them smile as they walked out the door with a fixed truck.
Pros
free lunches once a month from the social club
Cons
manager
Some Ups and Downs
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Vulcan, AB10 June 2018
Most days were self-guided operations as expected. Other days when performing unfamiliar repairs it was very difficult to get help on various tasks. The location was very isolated from regular amenities which led to my leaving the company.
Pros
Challenging jobs
Cons
Little guidance
Many great people to work with in this company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
Company is really good but could do better at holding management accountable for performance.
Good culture and good opportunity to learn and grow.
Loyal following of brands from employees and customers
Pros
represent top products in industry
Cons
sometimes they lack the confidence to innovate