Certified Labs Employee Reviews

Independant Sales Representative
Philadelphia Region Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA17 September 2018
Good balance between work and life. Ability to run your own territory and sales business. Extremely low base salary. Mostly commission. Said there is a 50k program but very hard to achieve. Customer base hard to deal with at times.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Salary
Learned a few skills, but there was too much overtime
MICROBIOLOGY LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY 1180320 May 2018
This job was a good place to start and pick up skills to carryover into your next position, but it's not a great place to stay. The work days were about 11-13 hours long, we were allowed two 15 minute breaks but rarely took them because there was always way too much work to get done, and the job started late in the day so a social life is almost nonexistent.
Poor communication
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA1 May 2018
Very poor communication. The management is out of touch with the day-to-day workings of the field reps. If you're not in the top 5% then you're thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself.
Overworked and Underpaid
Sampler/Driver (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY6 February 2018
Typical work day for a sampler/driver starts at 6am and ends back in Plainview, NY @ 9 or 10pm.

Routes depend on which stops you have, but go into southern Jersey and Philadelphia on daily basis. Which wouldn't be too bad if compensated a tad more.

Consistently would hit OT (40 hrs) by Wednesday afternoon, due to the extended hours worked daily...
Pros
The view.
Cons
Long hours, Low pay
Ininternational company with many directions to lead to accounts of various types of accounts and business fro growth potentila
Factory Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX8 January 2018
Monday - Friday Establishing and maintaining new accounts and building a product line for there needs. Building personal as well as business relationships.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
Last few years no management help with obtaining high end accounts, management changed have been for the negative
Fast paced outside sales posistion
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest USA29 August 2017
Fast paced outside sales posisition with protected territory. You will not find any better lubricant products on the market. Certified allows you to call on customers you want to call on. I get to meet new people everyday and show cool products that show value and save customers time and money. Most important I get to make friends with great people in my territory. I have become a business owner with the backing of a great company. Commison is very competitive and is much better than my previous position in the same industry.
Pros
Great products, Ipad Apps, Commison scturcture
Cons
Big Territory
no training
Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD5 April 2017
no training or pay structure as promised. hard enough sale as it is. the upper management should understand that and work hand and hand with a good rep when they get one.
Pros
Cons
dont waste your time
Seems like a legit place to work nice people until....
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock15 September 2016
Managment is a joke, this place is not organized no wonder theirs a high turnover. They at least have to hire a second lab assistant thats why they are soo behind in their cleaning. Oh my this place needs to get it together the lab assistant is not a slave! I too can wear a white coat and read out of a paper/act important. People run.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, nice people
Cons
This place is not professional at all what a joke.
Good company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 September 2016
It was a fun company to work for, Meeting customers every day was the highlight, unfortunately the salary was structured in a way that was very confusing.
Pros
Meeting new people every day
Cons
Salary was a draw on commission
Enjoyed travel, contributed to record growth
Corporate Field Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Travelled the U S10 August 2015
Great team of sales and management professionals. Allowed me to bring all of my sales, management, and recruitment skills together to contribute to the company's tremendous growth during the eight
years of my tenure.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
Stay away from this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, Ohio23 February 2014
After 11 months of employment while on a salary commission structure, was put on 100% commission structure, without any gas allowances. Had to pay out of commissions any novelties ordered, as well as demo samples needed. Just like going into business for yourself. Had to go 45 days without any pay whatsoever, as the made me pay back previous novelties and samples used. Unbelievable!!!!!!

Also, products that they offer are so high priced, that it is extremely difficult to sell. Also requires bulk quantities per order.

Please don't waste your time with them.
Pros
When we parted ways
great new hire training
Lubrication sales specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 September 2013
Fun place to work until cut backs occurred. Learned a lot about sales I was able to hone my sales skills with the plan in place at Certified Labs. Now it's time for me to move forward.
Look for employment elsewhere
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, Texas3 May 2013
I worked as an Inside Sale Representative at the Irving, TX facility. I was there about 18 months and wish I would have never taken the job. This is a company that pays very low hourly wages and it's very hard to earn commissions. Each rep is given a fixed number of accounts and you have to call the same businesses month after month even though they don't need anything. It's a tedious job, poorly managed, with antiquated tools.
Pros
They have a very good cafeteria
Cons
Low Pay, Ineffective Management, Antiquated Tools, No Marketing Support
Loved my job
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CA16 April 2013
At Certified Labs I started off as a part time courier and my eagerness to learn was rewarded when I was offered a full time position in the Chemistry Lab. I learned proper cleaning and wash procedures. I was able to learn testing and filled in for technicians when needed. Was also able to work on FDA sampling and projects while I was there.
Pros
there was always something to do to keep busy.
Cons
i felt that when dealing with issues management didn't take things seriously.
overall great job
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN3 March 2013
pay was ok, hours were long and it was a dirty job. it was a cold temp. place to work
enjoyed working with trainees and customers and the travel to a point
Sales Rep and corporate sales trainer (Former Employee) –  Sales in MN. Sales training in the midwest.8 February 2012
I enjoyed travel to new places and working your job was always on the line. The travel got to me after a while and being away all week from my growing family.
Pros
all expenses were paid.
Cons
travel and we were all expendible.