CertainTeed

CertainTeed Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
I worked at CertainTeed full-time for the summer.

Pros

Interesting work, good environment, good benefits.

Cons

If you have to work for a living, you could do a lot worse! No cons as long as you are willing to do shift work.
Disrespectful management, company is fueled by favoritism NOT by how long you've been there or how hard you work.

Disgusting lunch room/ eating area, next to the nasty smelling bathroom.

Horrible safety protocols, they would rather you be hush hush about any injury unless your arm is falling off
Great place to work at. Fast pace work environment. Coworkers at great to work along side with. Great pay for the line of work that is involved in it.
Pros
Good coworkers, wage is good for the overhaul job
Cons
Machines old and breaking down lots
Certainteed is factory work. They work shift work like most production manufacturer. They have good benifets. They have high safty standards that meet or exceed safety standards set by the government.
Good with the exception of sometimes everyone could get volitiale with each other. All in all it’s a good place but I would have liked flexible work hours because I’m going to college and would have liked a part time option
Pros
Good pay at least for what we were doing.
Cons
Long hours, days sorta melded together
- Working Hours: 8 am - 4 pm
- Teamwork is the key to success

- The co-workers are very friendly

- Management is very flexible and understanding of any issues within the plant

- I enjoyed leading the projects I was assigned
The company offers many opportunities to develop professionally.
Great team members offering a lot of support

Life/Work balance could be better

Focus in improvement goals could be better
Mauvaisse compagnie,manque de respect les employés ce drogue sur les geut de travaillé vraiment pas super
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Tous
Great benefits, work life balance, great people, solid company. Good organizational Vision - Mission clarity. Management shows respect to employees and is approachable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CertainTeed?
The place is garbage. Managers have no clue what they are doing and most people are only her for the paycheck. The policies are built to have outside fired not keep them
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, 4 hours phone off if you are sick
It's an old plant that is slowly being brought up to date. It is an hour based union with the financial benefits long in coming for new employees but in the long stretch it looks like a good place to work. There are a lot of long standing (over 20 year) employees. It's hard work but it pays fair.
Pros
Strong employee driven safety culture financially supported by the company
Cons
Dirty, old plant with needed upgrades for employee work/lunch areas
The managers are toxic and very difficult to work with. The expectation is to work 24 hours and it’s not enough.
Many employees and management have left and moral is below zero and upper management refuse to do anything. Veteran employees are jumping ship leaving just the inexperienced and unqualified people
Benefits
Cons
Toxic current management
I’m a dayshipper filling orders and the paperwork that goes with it. Have good working relationships with co workers and most management. The culture of the workplace is low as working with short staffs and run down equipment takes a mental toll on the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I can handle anything thrown my way and coming home to my wife and kid.
Pros
Rrsp package
Cons
No advancement
I have been working here for a long time at the winnipeg plant and it is a great company to work for, however, the current management is bringing this place down, we have a very abusive boss who yells at people specially the management employees, we get to watch from far. In the last year he got rid of the best leaders we have ever had because of his own insecurities, he is an abusive man who will never change. every morning we come to work with fear of getting scream at. He brings us all down. We love the company and it is an amazing place to work for, but is the person running the plant who is the problem. This man is what you call an abusive man who will mentally damage you and this is the reason why everyone for the management team has quit or gotten fired because of him. The ones who got fired were very unfair this man did it to buy him time. The people in this plant want things to get better we just hope he is gone soon if they want this place a great environment. They care so much for safety but what about mental health.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Abusive boss running the plant
Learn the entire process of fiber glass. Open minded co workers that welcomed me and helped me to develop my knowledge and analysis skills. Good safety culture, involved workers at all level.
Pros
Good behavior from all workers
A lot of management changes. Company changed hands twice in my 5 years there. They lost a lot of industry managements during the changes in ownership.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Very long hours
Big on safety , but low on production and profit . Manager staff are good people. I've worked extremely hard over the past 10years in shipping and general labour to only make less money each year due to curtailment. The total loss time this year is 4months in-total for everyone except management.
Pros
Friendly co workers . Mon-fri 7am to 4am
Cons
Company shuts down for weeks at a time throughout the year resulting in reduced income.
They have many positions so we change position each half hour,I had learned how to use the machines and how to fix some of them. The management was good, the hardest part of this job was when I have to work four night shift in a row twelve hour each.
A place where being a team player is a requirement,and creates s
satisfaction,threw lunches and gifts of appreciation.

People create there own skills and developments, and apply themselves accordingly.
The last 2 years 12 people have been fired or quit in the management team. 3 Production Managers in 15 months since new Plant Manager took over. If you ONLY work 12 hours he gives you the look of death. Lots of swearing yelling. Lots of blaming the workers for everything. Go on Linkedin and message the last 3 Production Managers and theyll all tell you the same thing. Safety is the priority of the company but not for certain people. If you want to suffer mebtal and verbal abuse this is the job for you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic environment
Cleaning, inventory and checking parts
Additional knowledge in parts of machines, and what they manufacture

Good people , great culture, friendly co-workers