CertainTeed Employee Reviews

Environnements de travailles tres décevant
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine, QC15 October 2018
Mauvaisse compagnie,manque de respect les employés ce drogue sur les geut de travaillé vraiment pas super
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Tous
Horrible place to be
Packer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON17 September 2018
The place is garbage. Managers have no clue what they are doing and most people are only her for the paycheck. The policies are built to have outside fired not keep them
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, 4 hours phone off if you are sick
A solid place to work if you plan to stick it out for the long term
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2018
It's an old plant that is slowly being brought up to date. It is an hour based union with the financial benefits long in coming for new employees but in the long stretch it looks like a good place to work. There are a lot of long standing (over 20 year) employees. It's hard work but it pays fair.
Pros
Strong employee driven safety culture financially supported by the company
Cons
Dirty, old plant with needed upgrades for employee work/lunch areas
Sinking ship
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2018
The managers are toxic and very difficult to work with. The expectation is to work 24 hours and it’s not enough.
Many employees and management have left and moral is below zero and upper management refuse to do anything. Veteran employees are jumping ship leaving just the inexperienced and unqualified people
Benefits
Cons
Toxic current management
Not a bad job just a poorly run worn down facility
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Redcliff, AB17 April 2018
I’m a dayshipper filling orders and the paperwork that goes with it. Have good working relationships with co workers and most management. The culture of the workplace is low as working with short staffs and run down equipment takes a mental toll on the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I can handle anything thrown my way and coming home to my wife and kid.
Pros
Rrsp package
Cons
No advancement
Very Toxic Environment at the Winnipeg Plant
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2018
I have been working here for a long time at the winnipeg plant and it is a great company to work for, however, the current management is bringing this place down, we have a very abusive boss who yells at people specially the management employees, we get to watch from far. In the last year he got rid of the best leaders we have ever had because of his own insecurities, he is an abusive man who will never change. every morning we come to work with fear of getting scream at. He brings us all down. We love the company and it is an amazing place to work for, but is the person running the plant who is the problem. This man is what you call an abusive man who will mentally damage you and this is the reason why everyone for the management team has quit or gotten fired because of him. The ones who got fired were very unfair this man did it to buy him time. The people in this plant want things to get better we just hope he is gone soon if they want this place a great environment. They care so much for safety but what about mental health.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Abusive boss running the plant
Open minded workers
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2017
Learn the entire process of fiber glass. Open minded co workers that welcomed me and helped me to develop my knowledge and analysis skills. Good safety culture, involved workers at all level.
Pros
Good behavior from all workers
Great, highly skilled employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2017
A lot of management changes. Company changed hands twice in my 5 years there. They lost a lot of industry managements during the changes in ownership.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Very long hours
Team work is key, but doesnt always happen.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2017
Big on safety , but low on production and profit . Manager staff are good people. I've worked extremely hard over the past 10years in shipping and general labour to only make less money each year due to curtailment. The total loss time this year is 4months in-total for everyone except management.
Pros
Friendly co workers . Mon-fri 7am to 4am
Cons
Company shuts down for weeks at a time throughout the year resulting in reduced income.
productive and safe place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 October 2017
They have many positions so we change position each half hour,I had learned how to use the machines and how to fix some of them. The management was good, the hardest part of this job was when I have to work four night shift in a row twelve hour each.

Want to know more about CertainTeed?

Ask a question
A very safe enviroment.
Train and Truckloader (Current Employee) –  McAdam, NB16 October 2017
A place where being a team player is a requirement,and creates s
satisfaction,threw lunches and gifts of appreciation.
People create there own skills and developments, and apply themselves accordingly.
Horrible environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 September 2017
The last 2 years 12 people have been fired or quit in the management team. 3 Production Managers in 15 months since new Plant Manager took over. If you ONLY work 12 hours he gives you the look of death. Lots of swearing yelling. Lots of blaming the workers for everything. Go on Linkedin and message the last 3 Production Managers and theyll all tell you the same thing. Safety is the priority of the company but not for certain people. If you want to suffer mebtal and verbal abuse this is the job for you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic environment
Overall the People are fun to work with
Parts Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 August 2017
Cleaning, inventory and checking parts
Additional knowledge in parts of machines, and what they manufacture
Good people , great culture, friendly co-workers
large manufacturer of home fiberglass insulation
Maintenance Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Redcliff, AB13 June 2017
Putting on lots of miles walking this pre war building, my duties, being on the maintenance crew are usually checking all equipment from the melter end all the way to packaging end, rebuilding everything from pumps to conveyors. While here I learned a great deal about strapping systems and how to rebuild strapping heads.
Pros
job is very close to home
Cons
shift work
Work pace is fast as this is a manufacturing facility
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cody, BC1 April 2017
Co-workers are friendly. You are expected to work 45 hours a week. The plant runs smoothly most of the time but if the line goes down it becomes stressful to get thing operating properly again.
Pros
Next to Yellowstone
Cons
Sometimes long hours
A hard job which leaves you feeling successful at the end of a shift
Insulation packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
A 7 am to 7 pm shift with good wage. Defiantly a tough job which can crush your spirit if you are unmotivated to see the end goal. After the work week you feel as if you have really earned your paycheck. Coworkers help each other often and boost each others morale, encouraging to keep up, and finish the requirements.
Pros
Multiple breaks, rotating segments so you're always doing something different
Cons
Long hours, absorbs your life
Working with Certainteed
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON25 January 2017
I really enjoyed working at Certainteed. I experienced the world of manufactures by touring the machineries, how insulation is created, packaging, travelling and the components of what is needed to fabricate the insulation. The days went by very quickly which I enjoyed immensely. The atmosphere is very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Good work environment
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Friendly people, they strive for safety and making you feel welcome. Very dusty do to the manufacturing of the drywall. Womens washrooms though are few and could be in better places, as well as parking could be a little closer to the plant and the heating could be a little better, but otherwise a good place to work.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
Ever day presented you with different challenges. I learned the company from working on the production line to start and eventually into the warehouse supervisor. I enjoyed working with my coworkers even the difficult ones, they just present a different challenge to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to find balance in a day. We were always reactive to situations that would happen instead of being proactive and trying to eliminate the error from proper root cause analysis.
historique
Contre maitre maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine, QC2 November 2015
Il semble que dans cette entreprise, les poste stratégique sont en perpétuel roulement.
La culture d entreprise du type WCM. est de mise. Le changement de direction ( cadre) n aide pas a faire le suivie des vrai problème.
Pros
Bonne protection sur les assurances ect...
Cons
tension du au demande de la production, il semble y avoir la vielle mentalité de guerre entre la production et la maintenance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CertainTeed. Our community is ready to answer.