CertainTeed Employee Reviews

Very Toxic Environment at the Winnipeg Plant
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2018
I have been working here for a long time at the winnipeg plant and it is a great company to work for, however, the current management is bringing this place down, we have a very abusive boss who yells at people specially the management employees, we get to watch from far. In the last year he got rid of the best leaders we have ever had because of his own insecurities, he is an abusive man who will never change. every morning we come to work with fear of getting scream at. He brings us all down. We love the company and it is an amazing place to work for, but is the person running the plant who is the problem. This man is what you call an abusive man who will mentally damage you and this is the reason why everyone for the management team has quit or gotten fired because of him. The ones who got fired were very unfair this man did it to buy him time. The people in this plant want things to get better we just hope he is gone soon if they want this place a great environment. They care so much for safety but what about mental health.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Abusive boss running the plant
A very safe enviroment.
Train and Truckloader (Current Employee) –  McAdam, NB16 October 2017
A place where being a team player is a requirement,and creates s
satisfaction,threw lunches and gifts of appreciation.
People create there own skills and developments, and apply themselves accordingly.
Horrible environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 September 2017
The last 2 years 12 people have been fired or quit in the management team. 3 Production Managers in 15 months since new Plant Manager took over. If you ONLY work 12 hours he gives you the look of death. Lots of swearing yelling. Lots of blaming the workers for everything. Go on Linkedin and message the last 3 Production Managers and theyll all tell you the same thing. Safety is the priority of the company but not for certain people. If you want to suffer mebtal and verbal abuse this is the job for you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic environment
large manufacturer of home fiberglass insulation
Maintenance Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Redcliff, AB13 June 2017
Putting on lots of miles walking this pre war building, my duties, being on the maintenance crew are usually checking all equipment from the melter end all the way to packaging end, rebuilding everything from pumps to conveyors. While here I learned a great deal about strapping systems and how to rebuild strapping heads.
Pros
job is very close to home
Cons
shift work
Great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
Ever day presented you with different challenges. I learned the company from working on the production line to start and eventually into the warehouse supervisor. I enjoyed working with my coworkers even the difficult ones, they just present a different challenge to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to find balance in a day. We were always reactive to situations that would happen instead of being proactive and trying to eliminate the error from proper root cause analysis.
Environnement de travaille médiocre
Mécanicien Industriel (Current Employee) –  Sainte Catherine, QC23 May 2012
Mauvaise communication. Manque de leadership de dirigeant. Manque de planification. Projet jamais mis a terme
Pros
bonne assurance
Cons
manque de direction et de perspective

Want to know more about CertainTeed?

Ask a question