Certain Affinity Employee Reviews

Meh
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX23 July 2018
In short, it wasnt a very nice place to work. Thought it was okay at first, but as time grew on it was clear that they treat people differently based on a variety of factors. Free food on Friday masks the real issues.

People leaving the company left and right, firing contractors despite the fact they are always looking for new employees, hiring new students over people with industry experience, questionable upper management, etc.
Pros
Food on Friday. Food during crunch.
Cons
See main review.
Awesome Studio to be at, unless you were a contractor
Austin, Tx. Contract Q&A/Assistant to Sound Design (Former Employee) –  Austin, Tx17 March 2015
I loved the idea of working there. I loved the game producers and the environment. The pay was horrendous, and you were treated like an outsider if you were not full time.

After completing the project, I did a good enough job to have my contract extended another 6 months without a penny in pay increase. I became dissuaded, and was terminated shortly after giving my 2 weeks.

I would have given them my soul if they would have just hired me own full time. Nothing is worse than lack of security in any job.
It's a video game company that gets outsourced from bigger companies, who outsource contractors, what do you expect?
Contract Q&A/Assistant to Sound Design (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX19 March 2014
I was bottom of the barrel anyway, QA bugger. But I had a good attitude, and decent ideas. Most of the time the actual staff was cool and did not really mess with us or show ego.

I marked it so low, because if you come in as a contractor, it will change your outlook as opposed to being a staffer. So take this with a grain. The full time staff seemed to like it well enough.
Pros
Pretty office location, close to train, nice staff, beer on the job
Cons
contractor heavy, crunch time, weak management
Flexible and Experienced HR Admin
Human Resources/Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX31 May 2013
I pride myself on being the kind of person that wants to make the day to day functions of employees easier by helping with any HR or administrative needs and allowing them to focus on their job. In all my jobs, I’ve found myself looking for ways to make employees happy at work and promoting a strong and inviting company culture. Whether it’s a listening ear or taking care of a benefits issue with assurance that I will get it completed, I feel I’m the complete package.
Fun place to work.
Senior Artist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX16 July 2012
One of the best game companies I know of that dont have much expected overtime.
Pros
yearly profit sharing. people. culture.
Cons
could use more pto/better benefits, still not bad though.