Ceridian

Ceridian Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews
Good relationships amongst employees, currently working in a virtual situation which is great for no commute, but interaction with others is reduced. Strong communication with managers enables daily contact and keeps you in touch with what is happening with the company.
Great Team culture and work life balance initiatives and Management will always listen to suggestions on how to make things better and more efficient for Employees and Company goals
It is very challenging, Stressful and dynamic at ceridian.

The timelines are tight and the product documentation is not exhaustive.

There is a lot of scope of improvement.
Cerdian used to be a great place to work about 5 years ago when it was a privately held company. Ever since they became a publicly traded company, it feels the management only cares about numbers and gives constant pressure for more work and give more work to their staff then they can complete. You'll need to work more than 40 hours a week to get those numbers, and even after that, there is no recognition and no motivation to continue staying. Everyday is a grind and you WILL feel burnt out on a daily basis. Never know how bad it was until I left!
Bon employeur. Stressant car dead line qu’on ne peut dépasser vu le produit offert.
Would not recommend, culture is awful and the management sucks.There is no work life balance, god forbid you would have a child with special needs. They did not have any sympathy for the situation at home with our child. Very regimented with hours and time off.
Company has, hands-down, one of the best vacation policies I've ever come across. Fellow coworkers are friendly and supportive, and are always willing to lend a hand during tough days.

Progression and recognition when working in Support however, can be a painful experience. Your performance is rated strictly based on your service ticket quota count at the end of each month and you are constantly reminded of this. It doesn't matter if the problems you solved were big or small, if you were under by just a bit, it becomes a problem.

The overall impression that I got was that if you work in Support, there is very little opportunity to grow laterally and your performance is determined strictly by the quantity of your work rather than the quality since upper-management only seems to care about numbers.

If you're the kind of person who's fine with just sitting at your desk and grinding out service tickets day-in-day-out at a fast pace, then Support is for you. But if you're the kind of person who expects recognition on your work quality based on the time and effort you put into it, then I would say pass.
We have free pops and snacks are free after 7pm (assume you would ever work that late). Co-workers are fun to work with, and they have fun celebrations when we finish a deployment. There is a running joke saying most employees are 'hire to retire'. As a HR service provider, they really did what they promote - make the company itself a model for others to follow.
WORK WORK WORK. This place is totally insane!

Management does not support the implementation consultants. The job is not an easy one.

I found myself working 80 hour weeks with little time off. Eventually ended up burning out and they will cut your vacation pay. When that runs out....nothing more. They will contest the burn out.
Good environment to work, not that great in terms of growth.
Too many projects that you end up working more than the required hours.

Managers care about their employees.
Great company to work for and great people there who understand what it take to get the job done. Management is very good with people and treat you well.
Overall, Ceridian was a real waste of time. I didn't realize how miserable I was until I left. The arrogance of the management was blinding. This certainly comes from the top levels. The employees are all fine, hardworking individuals, but many of those above manager level really haven't got a clue. Pay is good though.
great company with great benefits and activities for employees to have fun at work.
A lot of administration. Workplace culture is great.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
new president
Workplace Culture
Aiutare via customer service client con problem con payroll.

Il lavoro era stimulante, eravamo molti occupati.
Pros
Il Lavoro. Aiutare e communicate con gli impiegati
Cons
Pause caffe erano pocchi
Worked for Ceridian for over 10 years and always felt like they just wanted quantity over quality. They expect you to do way more than you can handle when it comes to the phone queues. I don't mind going above and beyond but when it's not appreciated is when you feel like they could care less about you and more about the money. No Work/Life balance when I worked there, but now they have a new thing where you can take as much time off as you want. Felt like I was more of a robot then a human being. I always picked up extra work and learned extra positions/products, etc there so I could be a great employee. I also trained other employees etc and that wasn't even my position to do but I did it because I cared about the employees. I thought I was irreplaceable because I was a senior employee there with lots of knowledge and thought I would retire there but apparently they would rather get rid of me to hire 2 people in my place for the same amount I was being paid. I know customers will have a hard time if they keep doing that because they prefer representatives that know what their talking about and can fix their issues fast. If you don't mind being a robot and feel like a slave driver cause you'll be handcuffed to your phone, then this is the company for you.
Pros
Lower level employees are amazing
Cons
No Work/Life Balance, underpaid, unappreciated, upper management doesn't care to listen to the people below them
After the company went public, the work-life balance has been overlooked by the management. The company is not able to retain experienced people and it will take time for new hires to reach a reasonable productivity
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours, deteriorating work life balance
Ceridian has implemented a free holiday schedule with unlimited days to be used. Ceridian has a fun at work committee and is bringing a great workplace culture.
- Alot of talented friendly people around.
- Making good product

- Good management

- Energetic and spiritual coworkers to work with

- Good perks with free lunches biweekly
Pros
Good company with good people around
Cons
Work culture is not very preferable in my team
positive culture, colleagues work hard and support each other well. Management communicates frequently and asks for feedback from everyone. They work on improvement continously.
A fast paced and challenging work culture. Typical growth company were emphasis is placed on investor returns and not necessarily on client satisfaction.
Pros
Strong product development
Cons
Business units work in silos
- very welcoming company to work for
- management is nice and are willing to work with you

- potlucks whenever there was a chance

- working from home

- work-life balance
Pros
Pot lucks, Work from home