CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION

CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION Management reviews

As an incredibly diverse company, work at Century Group has given me so much more exposure to a wide variety of industries that make for an exciting day. The collaborative environment makes the many employees spread across so many sites seem very close and easy to work with, almost as if we all worked in the same office.
Pros
Great Management, Clearly communicated goals
Official response from CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION
18 February 2021
Communication and collaboration are vital to the success of any company and we take pride in how our teams prioritize these values. 2020 was an unprecedented year but thankfully our amazing IS team is always at the forefront of technology and we all had the training and resources to work from home when Covid-19 hit. Thank you for being such a vital team member!
Sure they have an amazing location, but with the location comes terrible management. Micromanaged like crazy. Finished all the work assigned and still get in trouble for not doing work. Would inform them of leave, but they wanted constant updates. When working, felt like someone was always watching you work.
Pros
Cons
Management. So much micro management it get suffocating
Official response from CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION
18 February 2021
2020 was a very difficult year for all of us, particularly our need to change the way we work. Thank you for your feedback, we will take this back to our teams as we are continuously looking to enhance our employee experience.
• Processed new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations and issued ROEs • Reviewed and analyzed payroll, benefits and tax procedures • Audited payroll balance sheets, accruals and YTD earnings • Worked closely with Accounting, Finance and HR to review cross-departmental impacts, cost allocations and reconciliations • Partnered with HR and benefit providers to implement a better payroll/benefit system • Set-up and maintained systems including wages, benefits, profit sharing, sick leave and vacation time in line with relevant contracts • Managed production of monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, deductions and taxable benefits, Worksafe premiums). • Compiled various payroll & benefit reports and verified payroll registers • Managed year end requirements including T4 and T4As and CRA reconciliations • Administered employee benefit plans (MSP, EH/Dental, AD & D, Group Life, STD, LTD, RRSP, Pension & HCSA)
Pros
Free lunch once a month and birthday celebration
Cons
Working long hours