CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION logo
CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION

CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Great Team Environment!

Century Group is a great place to work. The company is always moving forward and looking to the future while still engaging with the present. The leaders are great and really want to see you succeed. Colleagues are supportive and friendly. The company supports work-life balance and has fun events throughout the year including a family BBQ!

Terrible Management - Don’t Apply

Sure they have an amazing location, but with the location comes terrible management. Micromanaged like crazy. Finished all the work assigned and still get in trouble for not doing work. Would inform them of leave, but they wanted constant updates. When working, felt like someone was always watching you work.

Pros

Cons

Management. So much micro management it get suffocating

18 February 2021
2020 was a very difficult year for all of us, particularly our need to change the way we work. Thank you for your feedback, we will take this back to our teams as we are continuously looking to enhance our employee experience.

Great Place to Work

Century Group is a fast paced fun place to work, with a very good team. It is a very collaborative and creative work environment. I recommend anyone to work here.

Great Place to Work

As an incredibly diverse company, work at Century Group has given me so much more exposure to a wide variety of industries that make for an exciting day. The collaborative environment makes the many employees spread across so many sites seem very close and easy to work with, almost as if we all worked in the same office.

Pros

Great Management, Clearly communicated goals

18 February 2021
Communication and collaboration are vital to the success of any company and we take pride in how our teams prioritize these values. 2020 was an unprecedented year but thankfully our amazing IS team is always at the forefront of technology and we all had the training and resources to work from home when Covid-19 hit. Thank you for being such a vital team member!

Collaborative work environment

Century Group is a fast-paced, visionary company to work for. The workplace culture is supportive and inclusive, and the company values its team members with competitive salaries and work-life balance.

18 February 2021
Thank you for your review! Without our team members we would not be able to accomplish as much as we have. We will pass your positive feedback on to our teams!

Fantastic local employee that cares about employees and the community

Century Group is an exciting company to work for with lots of vision, drive, and a desire to not just build things but to improve the communities and by doing so, improve people's lives. I work within our Seniors Living division and am proud to work for a company that genuinely cares about creating homes where seniors can live active and purposeful lives. As an employee, I feel seen, heard and cared for.

Pros

Locally family-owned, growing rapidly, actively embracing new technology and empowering employees to do so, intentional employee engagement, great parties and celebrations

Cons

Parking is often challenging

Great team, overall good company to work for.

Century Group is very team oreintated, good wages and benifets. The company is growing fast...a few bumps on the way. I can say I enjoy coming to work everyday. The people make this company a fun and productive place.

21 October 2019
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with your choice to join Century Group. We have an exciting few years ahead of us, especially in Construction. Thank you for being a part of our continued success!

Once a month we go out for lunch and games to watch

• Processed new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations and issued ROEs • Reviewed and analyzed payroll, benefits and tax procedures • Audited payroll balance sheets, accruals and YTD earnings • Worked closely with Accounting, Finance and HR to review cross-departmental impacts, cost allocations and reconciliations • Partnered with HR and benefit providers to implement a better payroll/benefit system • Set-up and maintained systems including wages, benefits, profit sharing, sick leave and vacation time in line with relevant contracts • Managed production of monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, deductions and taxable benefits, Worksafe premiums). • Compiled various payroll & benefit reports and verified payroll registers • Managed year end requirements including T4 and T4As and CRA reconciliations • Administered employee benefit plans (MSP, EH/Dental, AD & D, Group Life, STD, LTD, RRSP, Pension & HCSA)

Pros

Free lunch once a month and birthday celebration

Cons

Working long hours

Jobs at CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION