CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION
CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION Employee Review

Once a month we go out for lunch and games to watch

13 October 2014
• Processed new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations and issued ROEs • Reviewed and analyzed payroll, benefits and tax procedures • Audited payroll balance sheets, accruals and YTD earnings • Worked closely with Accounting, Finance and HR to review cross-departmental impacts, cost allocations and reconciliations • Partnered with HR and benefit providers to implement a better payroll/benefit system • Set-up and maintained systems including wages, benefits, profit sharing, sick leave and vacation time in line with relevant contracts • Managed production of monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, deductions and taxable benefits, Worksafe premiums). • Compiled various payroll & benefit reports and verified payroll registers • Managed year end requirements including T4 and T4As and CRA reconciliations • Administered employee benefit plans (MSP, EH/Dental, AD & D, Group Life, STD, LTD, RRSP, Pension & HCSA)
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch once a month and birthday celebration
Cons
Working long hours
5 October 2020
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) - New Westminster, BC
Sure they have an amazing location, but with the location comes terrible management. Micromanaged like crazy. Finished all the work assigned and still get in trouble for not doing work. Would inform them of leave, but they wanted constant updates. When working, felt like someone was always watching you work.
Pros
Cons
Management. So much micro management it get suffocating
Official response from CENTURY GROUP LANDS CORPORATION
18 February 2021
2020 was a very difficult year for all of us, particularly our need to change the way we work. Thank you for your feedback, we will take this back to our teams as we are continuously looking to enhance our employee experience.
31 October 2019
Human Resources (Current Employee) - Head Office
Century Group is a great place to work. The company is always moving forward and looking to the future while still engaging with the present. The leaders are great and really want to see you succeed. Colleagues are supportive and friendly. The company supports work-life balance and has fun events throughout the year including a family BBQ!
29 October 2019
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) - British Columbia
Century Group is a fast paced fun place to work, with a very good team. It is a very collaborative and creative work environment. I recommend anyone to work here.
  1. Once a month we go out for lunch and games to watch