Century 21 Employee Reviews

great company
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  halifax, NS7 May 2016
Loved learning about real estate transactions through the best company. It was a great experience but ultimately the real estate world was not for me
Enjoyed the satisfaction of providing customer and client needs.
Residential Real Estate Sales and Appraisal (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON30 April 2016
Enjoyed the satisfaction of providing customer and client needs.
With Residential Real Estate sales there was immense pleasure in finding and assisting client's in the sale and/or purchase of their homes.
Working in the Residential Appraisal field my opinion of value was used by bank's, trust companies and mortgage brokers for mortgaging and secured lines of credit.
Productive work place
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2016
.Excellent work environment and a well managed company
with education and individual guidance.
Company as been built from 1 office to 5 with an increase of employees from 1 to 200.
Pros
Self Employed with ability to make unlimited income
Cons
commision sales with no guaranty of income
A big company with highly professional agents
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London30 March 2016
I was offered a position as the sales advisor. It was a very demanding job as London is one of the biggest property markets in the world. I was able to meet my personal targets and sometimes exceed them as well which were basically to bring in 3 instructions a week
Fast Paced
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
As soon as the office would open, the phone would ring non-stop. Never a dull moment, juggling between multiple phone calls, assisting walk in agents, uploading listings in the system, logging and making receipts for deposit cheques dropped. I just enjoyed learning how the real estate industry works. I got along with my management very well, the entire staff was very helpful and approachable.
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 March 2016
Great people to work with. Always something different each day. The staff are treated fairly and with respect. Working conditions are above average.
Excellent place to learn constantly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 January 2016
Excellent place to learn constantly in a corporate-business setting. Helpful management and co-workers. A place to develop lots of skills, enjoyable job who loves to deal with people.
n/a
Leading Edge Realty, receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 January 2016
Great company to work for, people and managers are very helpful. Great staff, busy office and always learning new things everyday
Great company
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  London ON13 January 2016
This was a great place to work in a fast paced real estate environment. I enjoyed working with the public, answering phones, computer work and organizing documents. I also worked on updating websites.
Pros
flexible hours
Great for the Self Disciplined and Ambitious
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 January 2016
Selling real estate with C21 is a great career. First Canadian Corp.,Brokerage has a great Broker and Office Manager.
The drawbacks are that it is an expensive career to get yourself started in. it requires great personal sacrifice and dedication in order to be successful.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
you are your own boss
Must be able to wear many hats
Offer Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2015
At Century 21, I was hired to replace the Offer Administrator who was responsible for typing, proofing and completing all Offer packages, computer filing and storing the documentation and maintenance of the forms room. The second hat was replacing the Listing Administrator while on vacation or on leave of absence which entailed uploading all pertinent information onto the associated program to place a listing onto MLS and Realtor.ca. This also included downloading and saving pictures to computer, resizing and then uploading these to the listing. The third hat was replacing the Receptionist on her breaks, vacation and sick days. This entailed greeting the public, taking payments, answering a computerized switchboard and forwarding the calls appropriately.

It was a multifaceted position working under pressure.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Pressure
Productive and motivated
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON16 November 2015
Highly recommend C21 for anyone looking to buy or sell. Office is well run and organized. Great team to work alongside with.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
Productive work & supportive work environment
Real Estate Secretary (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 November 2015
One of the well known privately franchised Real Estate company, more than 25 years in business. A typical business real estate company where we get to learn about the industry, how is the real estate market going, new rules & regulations, terms & conditions of listing property for sale or lease, purchase & sale agreement, how the commission is allocated,
Too far from home
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 November 2015
Stress from conflicting directions. I have learned a lot about Real Estate and Property Management documents and procedures. MVP system is good as you are nominated by staff and customers. Co workers tend to be argumentative. Weekends off is a plus
Pros
MVP system
Cons
In-fighting
Summary
Executive Assistant to the Owner (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 November 2015
I enjoyed all aspects of my position at Century 21 it allowed me to have a fast paced environment that was always changing. My list of responsibilities was large therefore each day had a challenge which I overcame and felt a sense of accomplishment each day.
Great Front Desk Staff
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2015
Number 1 Real Estate brokerage to work at. Hard working and amazing staff. The administration staff makes your day much more easier.
Productive and Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 October 2015
I Love what i do. it is always busy and it helps me to learn alot more each day. The managers and Agents make it easy on us by being friendly and supportive. Co-Workers are amazing always willing to teach and learn.
I learned lots about Real Estate
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
Century 21 Parkland Ltd., Brokerage own Two offices; One in Toronto and the second in Markham. The Toronto Office is the head office, this is the office I work from, because it is closer to where I reside.

Typical day starts at 8:30 a.m. I am responsible for the opening procedures such as: unlocking the office, sorting emails and faxes that came in while the office was closed, processing the answering service messages and appointments, ensuring forms needed to process deals are available.

At 9:00 a.m., when the office is open to the public, I take the phones off call forwarding. My office only books in the appointments for the properties, when the Markham office is on break. At the Toronto office I am responsible for reporting deals to MLS Stratus, Toronto Real Estate Board, and to the Ontario Real Estate Association. Furthermore, I am responsible for an 8 line switch board to direct calls, sort the faxes and emails and they come in. I type up the Agreements of Purchase and Sale, Agreements To Lease and Commercial Agreements until the end of my shift at 4:30 p.m.

What I have learned in this position, since I had come into it with no prior administrative experience, is that time management in this position is necessary to be more than average, with an attention to detail. In the Real Estate business everything this is time oriented. Listings expire, offer presentations can be delayed or pushed up on a whim. Agreements have the irrevocable date and time, and the conditions and clauses of the agreements all vary.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the legality
  more... of the entire Real Estate process. This business is very technical and strict in its own way and Real Estate Agents, from my experience try to bend the rules more often than not, just to get the deal closed. My loyalty falls to the brokerage and not to the Agents, because the brokerage pays my salary and not the agent. Furthermore not only do the Agents get a fine, but so does the brokerage. If the brokerage gets a fine, its because some one in the administrative side processed a deal knowing they bent the rules. Due to this, my co-workers and I sometimes have a rough time getting along with each other, but no incidents have never not smoothed over.  less
Pros
Flexible work shifts and time off as needed.
Cons
Could be much more efficient.
great fishing experience
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Tavernier, QC28 September 2015
Owned and operated this business. Great staff. Repeat customers.
Great owners and workers. Established in 2003. Every day is a new challenge....
Pros
keys
Cons
weather
Excellent!!
Broker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 September 2015
The staff and management team are always there to help! very supportive and knowledgeable. Company is based out of Richmond Hill with 2 new offices (Toronto & North york)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2