Century 21

Century 21 Employee Reviews

Canada208 reviews
Great place to work!
Awesome learning environment to learn and grow. Challenging problems to solve and great overall team to work with. A must if entering the real estate business.
Learn something new everyday!
Amazing place to learn and face new challenges daily in the field of real estate. Great opportunity to coach and train many new agents entering the industry.
Tough
Tough to break through and be successful, lots of cold calling and door knocking and talking to people handing out cards and following leads nowhere and paying dues every month
Independent, own pace
Office provides prompt support if needed. Training and staff are offered at both Oakville and Burlington offices. Hardest part of the job is generating leads. You don't get paid unless you close a deal.
Family like atmosphere!
I have nothing but good things to say about working at Century 21 Assurance realty. The company culture is fantastic. The owners go above and beyond to make sure that everyone feels welcome, and the rest of the staff are simply amazing. If you are looking for a comfortable, rewarding, and fulfilling workplace, then I would recommend working at Century 21.
Challenging job
It gives so much pleasure to be able to help the clients with the biggest decision that they will have to acquire in their life and that is to buy or sell a property.It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to put all things together to make it happen. The exchange of documents during the offer when buying or selling a property time is always of an essence so we really have to be on top of everything. We have to do our due diligence to make sure the information about the property are accurate to protect the clients' interest.
Old-school family-run business, treats employees like chimpanzees.
Antiquated style of management; nasty agents often mistreat employees and business owner seldom did anything about this. Shifts on average were 4.5 hours. Pay began at minimum wage; had to beg for a 50 cent raise. Some tips at Christmas which was nice. Only bonus I could see was having full access to MLS and being able to scope the market while working. Shifts were almost always from 4:30 to 9pm, sometimes having to work overtime during busy spring and summer months. Staff is responsible for locking up the building and securing the back/garage area.
I worked alone after hours
I cleaned their offices so interaction with staff was not required. When I did have to talk with the staff all were very accommodating and friendly. The office culture seems happy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Century 21?
Productive and fast paced office
I have been working in this office for over 28 years. Answering phones lines, preparing payroll, bank deposits, scheduling appointments. Customer Service.
Pros
Xmas bonus
Great company!
Fun atmoshpere and a company that supports their employees. Out of all the real estate companies out there, I would recommend Century 21. Lot's of education provided and different areas of real estate are offered.
Great leadership
Great leadership always trying to be on the cutting edge of technology. It's a commission based role so you don't get a salary but you're given every opportunity to succeed.
AJ Lamba Team Century 21 Legends Mississauga ON
The Broker of Record/Owner is a horrible person. He represents himself as the complete opposite of what he truly is. In the time frame of one week, my job description was changed 4 times. I was initially offered a full time position at a great yearly salary. The day before I was to start he changed it once again to a hourly salary part time position. This was after I quit a full time position to go with his company.
He would often make sexist remarks to female co-workers.

He would ask you to spend your own money to buy a product for a showing or the office and never reimburse you.

My time there was very short, when it came time to pay me after my first 2 weeks, I had to wait a week to get the money, then it was for way less then I was owed.
Productive and flexible workplace with friendly staff as well as supervisor.
Great communication between staff and supervisor, flexible scheduling based on everyone's availability and skills. Overall a great place to work and have to take additional duties when needed.
Brokerage very small
Such a small brokerage I worried about its sustainability.
Not enough business to maintain staff for long.

Very stressful always left wondering if the doors would be locked.
Organized Chaos
While for the most part the management team have their hearts in the right place, the catty banter from and about agents was pathetic. There were times it was like being ack in high school drama.
Fun workplace with friendly colleagues
Working in this company was fun. The employees and the boss were super friendly and I got to learn a lot of new things about real estate and workplace in general.
Amazing company
I worked for c21 heritage group RH office, and it was the best work experience I've ever had. They are very organized, and kind people which created a warm welcoming work environment. I truly enjoyed working with c21 heritage group and was sad when I decided to persue my dreams. To which they supported fully.They were very flexible enabling
me to move around shifts if needed.

nevernehaissues
Great atmosphere/Amazing people
I was given the opportunity to work for Century 21 over the summer months. I met some amazing people and had an incredible experience learning the inner workings of a real estate office. I have nothing but positive things to say about the men and women working at Century 21!
A place to grow and become who you want to be.
I began at Century 21 Assurance Realty after working in the food service industry and soon after realized how much more there was to explore and achieve in the world. This workplace gave me confidence to grow and progress in a professional environment, and in my skills as a photographer, with opportunities in commercial design and leadership roles for projects. Century 21 Assurance Realty cares about it's staff and it is displayed everyday through collaborative work while management keeps the wheels well greased. If it weren't for Century 21 Assurance Realty, I would not have made life long friends and life long memories. Truly, an exceptional place of work and business and would recommend working here to anyone interested in a great social environment with great support staff and unlimited, but meaningful growth.
not a great place, high overturn
if your not young and part of the group, your not wanted and made left out. They do everything to make you not want to be there and get others to join in and complain about you even when you did nothing wrong.
Great atmosphere
I enjoyed working for the company they were all very respectfull and gave you what you needed not like most other places make you wait a couple days or more unles's they had to order it. I enjoyed working alone took orders and went and done my work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K