Century 21 Real Estate

Century 21 Real Estate Employee Reviews

Found 213 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,938 reviews

A great family atmosphere

I have the best job in the world. I do have good days and some bad days, but I take full responsibility for both. In the end, I work in very comfortable surroundings and the people are terrific! I get to come into work meeting and talking to people all day long. How can that NOT be fun!

Pros

Great working atmosphere, great people etc.

Cons

No bonuses or incentives

Toxic Workplace

Unfriendly and tense environment. The most toxic work culture I have ever experienced in my life, did not feel included or comfortable once. If you express any problems towards salary, which is minimum wage for an extreme amount of work and full time, you are deemed unappreciative. I don’t think I was ever even asked a personal question about myself, I felt like a machine. Was scolded and written up when I was more than a minute late. No sympathy and angry at myself for staying so long just for a paycheque. My pay cheques barely got me by.

Cons

Heavy workload, unfriendly

Not much room for advancement, toxic work culture

Communication from management and between employees is horrible. There is clear nepotism, and as a result, there is a toxic work environment. High turnover rate is caused by not valuing staff. Work load is very high during the spring and summer and expectations do not match the pay. Asking for a raise or communicating difficulties to management causes you to be shot down and shamed to other employees.

Pros

Flexibility in work hours

Cons

Management is awful and yells at you for mistakes that agents have made, workplace culture is isolating. Unpaid sick days with little room for advancement.

Bad management

I worked under one of the C21 Brokerage as their marketing assistant. The management here really sucks, manager doesn't really know what he's doing. Also, very low pay. Gives you one pay but expects you to do 2 people job. I was paid really low compared to other brokerages. They would send you tasks in the middle of the night. Sometimes after you finished everything they will tell you to change everything instead of letting you know they will work on another project instead.

Pros

Amazing Colleagues. Free food from clients

Cons

Bad management, No room for advancement will always be stuck with the same position and no benefits

Great place to work!

Awesome learning environment to learn and grow. Challenging problems to solve and great overall team to work with. A must if entering the real estate business.

Learn something new everyday!

Amazing place to learn and face new challenges daily in the field of real estate. Great opportunity to coach and train many new agents entering the industry.

Tough

Tough to break through and be successful, lots of cold calling and door knocking and talking to people handing out cards and following leads nowhere and paying dues every month

Independent, own pace

Office provides prompt support if needed. Training and staff are offered at both Oakville and Burlington offices. Hardest part of the job is generating leads. You don't get paid unless you close a deal.

Family like atmosphere!

I have nothing but good things to say about working at Century 21 Assurance realty. The company culture is fantastic. The owners go above and beyond to make sure that everyone feels welcome, and the rest of the staff are simply amazing. If you are looking for a comfortable, rewarding, and fulfilling workplace, then I would recommend working at Century 21.

Challenging job

It gives so much pleasure to be able to help the clients with the biggest decision that they will have to acquire in their life and that is to buy or sell a property.It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to put all things together to make it happen. The exchange of documents during the offer when buying or selling a property time is always of an essence so we really have to be on top of everything. We have to do our due diligence to make sure the information about the property are accurate to protect the clients' interest.

Old-school family-run business, treats employees like chimpanzees.

Antiquated style of management; nasty agents often mistreat employees and business owner seldom did anything about this. Shifts on average were 4.5 hours. Pay began at minimum wage; had to beg for a 50 cent raise. Some tips at Christmas which was nice. Only bonus I could see was having full access to MLS and being able to scope the market while working. Shifts were almost always from 4:30 to 9pm, sometimes having to work overtime during busy spring and summer months. Staff is responsible for locking up the building and securing the back/garage area.

I worked alone after hours

I cleaned their offices so interaction with staff was not required. When I did have to talk with the staff all were very accommodating and friendly. The office culture seems happy.

Productive and fast paced office

I have been working in this office for over 28 years. Answering phones lines, preparing payroll, bank deposits, scheduling appointments. Customer Service.

Pros

Xmas bonus

Great company!

Fun atmoshpere and a company that supports their employees. Out of all the real estate companies out there, I would recommend Century 21. Lot's of education provided and different areas of real estate are offered.

Great leadership

Great leadership always trying to be on the cutting edge of technology. It's a commission based role so you don't get a salary but you're given every opportunity to succeed.

AJ Lamba Team Century 21 Legends Mississauga ON

The Broker of Record/Owner is a horrible person. He represents himself as the complete opposite of what he truly is. In the time frame of one week, my job description was changed 4 times. I was initially offered a full time position at a great yearly salary. The day before I was to start he changed it once again to a hourly salary part time position. This was after I quit a full time position to go with his company. He would often make sexist remarks to female co-workers. He would ask you to spend your own money to buy a product for a showing or the office and never reimburse you. My time there was very short, when it came time to pay me after my first 2 weeks, I had to wait a week to get the money, then it was for way less then I was owed.

Productive and flexible workplace with friendly staff as well as supervisor.

Great communication between staff and supervisor, flexible scheduling based on everyone's availability and skills. Overall a great place to work and have to take additional duties when needed.

Brokerage very small

Such a small brokerage I worried about its sustainability. Not enough business to maintain staff for long. Very stressful always left wondering if the doors would be locked.

Organized Chaos

While for the most part the management team have their hearts in the right place, the catty banter from and about agents was pathetic. There were times it was like being ack in high school drama.

Fun workplace with friendly colleagues

Working in this company was fun. The employees and the boss were super friendly and I got to learn a lot of new things about real estate and workplace in general.

Amazing company

I worked for c21 heritage group RH office, and it was the best work experience I've ever had. They are very organized, and kind people which created a warm welcoming work environment. I truly enjoyed working with c21 heritage group and was sad when I decided to persue my dreams. To which they supported fully.They were very flexible enabling me to move around shifts if needed. nevernehaissues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21 Real Estate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2