Centurion Asset Management

Centurion Asset Management Employee Reviews

They own great properties

Management is severely lacking. Cannot stress enough enough. I always thought that was a cliché. But wow. It is hard to follow a leader that you cannot for the life of you trust.

Pros

Beautiful place to work. New

Cons

Over promise under deliver

Poorly managed

Run away from Centurion. They fire people regularly without cause. ( especially if you speak out or question their reasoning)Most management is incompetent and never listens to the front line staff. They spend money on the dumbest things and really don't care about the tenants. Management is full of narcissists.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

No support from managers

Best Property Management Company

This company is fantastic to work for. I have worked for 5 property management companies and I cannot stress enough how great this company is. From the top to the bottom.

Pros

Salary, bonus incentives, work life balance, excellent training, mentor program

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Terrible management/company

Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere. Do not waste your time on this terrible company. The worst management in the industry. HR is a complete joke and unsure why they even pay people in that department, they do absolutely nothing.

Pros

Cons

Where do I begin.

Awful Work Environment

Centurion does not care about their employees. The communication is awful for front-line staff and they will take any opportunity to make sure bonuses are hard to achieve and removed whenever possible.

Decent workplace to be at.

Good Management and face-paced work environment. Need to be at your best to perform well at this job. Management is nice and caring. Would recommend this workplace.

Superintendent

Most corporate run management firms pay little on the bottom line $1000 per month for Superintendents on-call every other weekend. Low salaries, and for other reasons, unless retired, the management treat employees without regard or respect.

Pros

Free rent

Cons

Working weekends, low wages, little respect.

29 April 2019
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Unfortunately, your views expressed above are not in line with the Employee survey results that we have received. Please feel free to look at our most recent statistics from the Employee satisfaction surveys in the photos section of our Indeed profile.

This is a great company to work at. Of course, just like every other company, there will be days where the work load gets a bit much but if you have good time management skills, you will have no problems. Everyone is very welcoming and accepting.

29 May 2018
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We work hard to ensure everyone has a great employment experience with us and we are glad to hear that your feedback is in line with what our Employees have been reporting back to us in our regular surveys.

I am warning stay away from this horrible company

Listen and carefully read the bad reviews about Centurion because they are very true. This company is the worst company to work for. There is no job security whatsoever. They turnover staff every 6 months or so. I honestly think they enjoy it. If I were a student I would not even rent from them. There is no respect for their employees!!!!! This company sucks big time including London.

29 May 2018
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We have spent the last year and a half surveying our Employees and the results are very different from what you are suggesting. Employee turnover is something that we measure and are pleased with the improvements that we have been experiencing. We have included our updated survey statistics in a variety of areas in the photo section of our Indeed profile.

Poorly managed and cannot take feedback or criticism.

Centurion & The Marq portfolio specifically is probably the most poorly managed company I've seen in my years in property management as well as other industries. Their head office is unable to accept and understand criticism, they send directives down and do not care whether they are plausible or not. It's no wonder people turnover at this company all the time, just keep your eyes out, they'll rehire all staff within 6 months I'd say. They are unable to coach or help their employees, they simply hand down directives and reprimand site staff when their cockamamie ideas inevitably fail. My advice is to stay far away from this company.

29 May 2018
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Centurion has implemented two programs that specifically address those areas; Slack for internal communication and BambooHR to provide a 360 degree of feedback to each Employee on a quarterly basis. Centurion has spent a lot of time and resources on training over the past two years, so we are surprised to hear that this is your feedback.

Up-and-Coming Company with lots of Growth!

Centurion has made great strides in the past year to improve the company by implementing a forum in which to post suggestions and an app that aides in company-wide communication. Management is working to ensure that every employee feels valued and like a solid part of the team. Work/Life balance is a challenge in any building management industry, and that is no different for Centurion. Working to train the residents on appropriate times to ask non-emergency questions greatly benefits any Superintendent in the industry. To be a good Superintendent, you must learn to set your own boundaries and stick with them.

29 May 2018
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear that the initiatives that we have put in place in order to improve communication across the company, as well as to highlight, share and celebrate all of our Employee's accomplishments is something that you notice as well.

Great Company

Everyone looks after each other. It's inspiring and motivating to speak with those levels above you in general or work-related conversations. Each time you are reminded everyone has their ego at bay and that is humbling. I respect the humility of the executive team as everyone's thoughts, feedback and suggestions are valuable, everyones, no exceptions to where you may be on the org chart. We are well taken care of in every aspect. Work/life balance is amazing, the company is generous, everyone is respectful. Vast majority build solid relationships with eachother whether or not their roles connect in any way. Politics and gossip do not exist that I have ever experienced. All conversations are about our families, friends, trending news and the like. Specific to my role, there are many lines of support who operate with the utmost integrity, specifically the HR team. I look forward to advancement and a lengthy career with Centurion.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

Parking unavailable

26 July 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that what we understand to be the typical experience for a Centurion Employee is what you have experienced! Communication is key in all roles within the company with each being as important as the other.

Overall a great Company to work for

Overall Centurion is a great company to work for. I have been in the Property Management industry for 6 years and overall I would say this is the best experience I have had. Upper Management is supportive and acknowledges their staff. Overall we have a great team who are positive and enjoy their jobs. I find the salary and benefits to be the same or better than other companies I have worked. Centurion overall makes smart business decisions and listens to their staff. Unfortunately with any company in Property Management, work life balance is sometimes an issue, but I don’t feel this is a fault of Centurion just nature of the business.

29 May 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that your time at Centurion has been a positive experience and that you feel supported in your role. Centurion prides itself on our Values and we are pleased to see that you are experiencing what is in line with our other Employees who are surveyed on a regular basis.

One of the WORST places to work for

The Corporate culture is as corporate as it gets. Nothing else matters to executive management but the bottom line and good luck achieving it. The bar is set intentionally so high that you are never able to reach it. One of the highest employee turnover's I have ever seen in my long career. No consideration for employee welfare, and no-one to turn to for guidance as non of the executive team are qualified or even remotely educated. Stay away or run away the first chance you get.

29 May 2018
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We certainly set goals for all of our Employees to meet and exceed, which has never been anything but a positive encouragement for Employees to feel accomplished and apart of the overall success of the organization. Unfortunately, your views are not in line with the Employee surveys that we have received. Please feel free to look at our most recent statistics regarding Employee satisfaction in the photos section of our Indeed profile.

Life at Centurion

Lots of office politics. Everyone secretly hates everyone. No one talks to anyone. If you do, you will be penalized by the one's in charge. The pay is low compared to other companies- however it has benefits (health, dental, vacation, but who doesnt?)...which still does not level it off. So welcome to corporate office drama, low pay, and lastly to a place where everyone smiles at you but in reality... hates you!

Pros

Fakely trying to improve and listen to staffs ideas...fakely.

Cons

A lot of Garbage leaders in power

29 May 2018
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Unfortuantely, your views expressed above are not in line with the Employee survey results that we have received. Please feel free to look at our most recent statistics from the Employee satisfaction surveys in the photos section of our Indeed profile.

Productive and fun

Working here was okay. I was in and did my job took my lunch and was out. It got bad when typical office politics came about. Talking and making friends with coworkers was frowned upon by the hr manager. The hr manager liked to be friendly with other employees only to tell other employees about someone's personal life. Confidentiality is thrown out the window. Stay tight lipped.

Pros

Quiet work place

Cons

HR manager

29 May 2018
We're surprised to hear that this was your experience at Centurion. We have spent the last year and a half surveying our Employees using a tool called Tinypulse, and the results are very different from what you are suggesting. We have included our updated statistics in a variety of areas in the photo section of our Indeed profile.

Excellent place to work

This is a great company to work for. the office is conveniently-located and easy to get to by public transit; open, friendly culture with a good number of team-building and staff appreciation events; solid benefits, decent pay; effective and inspiring management team.

Pros

Positive culture, room for advancement

Cons

Occasional long hours

29 May 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that your time here at Centurion has been a positive experience. Centurion prides itself on our values and we are pleased that you are experiencing what is in line with our other Employees who are surveyed on a regular basis.

Routine daily duties

Inspected all buildings and turnover apartments; handled all tenant inquiries, complaints, and concerns; completed leasing duties; prepared work orders and purchase orders on a daily basis using Yardi Voyager.

Pros

non

Cons

Able to work after hours

29 May 2018
Thank you very much for providing your review of Centurion. The duties that you have listed for the Property Administrator role at our Biggin Court location could be helpful for someone who would like to pursue this type of role during their career.

Centurion properties buildings are a good place to work

The buildings are nice work is sometimes hard but sometimes rewarding. The perks in the job is that you get a nice apartment to live in. You learn a lot about management and how a building is run.

26 July 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that your time here has been a positive experience. Centurion prides itself on our values and we are pleased that you are experiencing what is in line with our other Employees who are surveyed on a regular basis.

ok

Company very goal driven little work life balance high expectations overall good company would work under the direction of organization again if located at a different premises

Pros

na

29 May 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that your time at Centurion has been a positive experience. Centurion prides itself on our values and we are pleased that you are experiencing what is in line with our other Employees who are surveyed on a regular basis.

Decent job, toxic corporate structure

- Underpaid - No benefits - Minimal incentives - High employee turnover - Decent position - Entitled clientele (student rental) - Nice facilities - No job security - Nice amenities (access to gym/ theatre room)

Pros

Getting to work alone sometimes

Cons

Underpaid, no job security

29 May 2018
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Unfortunately the views that you have expressed are not in line with the Employee surveys that we have received. Please feel free to look at our most recent statistics from Employee satisfaction surveys in the photos section of our Indeed profile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centurion Asset Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement