Centrica

Centrica Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed working here Great benifits and compensation would have loved to stay with the company but unfortunately they sold the are I was in to another company
nice people fun place to work but high volume of leads...the most enjoyable part of the job was the work culture. People try their best to make you feel welcome!
The hours are good and flexible Pay and benefits were ok and competive within the market Safety standards is very good Fleet vehicles well taken care of Management lacked knowledge of industry Office staff very negative unsupportive and only there to keep chairs warm very unsupportive. Field techs are very good and knowledable Change took to long and suggestions were ignored Hiring process takes a month or so to actually start work Work quality not supportive all about high pressure sales Expect way more out of a person then what the person is paid to do Work culture not good
Pros
Safety and fleet excellent
Cons
Unsupportive
Ran out of UK so never had its goals aligned right with Canada. Good people to work with. Lay offs after price crash, Company is No longer in Canada so not relavant
Pros
Avg pay, great co workers
Cons
confused
Most profitable area was ran into ground by the incompetent management. Don't let the sale of Canadian assets to canlin fool you, it's still the same terrible managers working there, that gas field is doomed until management changes. Just a different name on the sign now. Worst company I have ever worked for in my entire adult life.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
Managers. Pay. Childish way of managing
Strong management team with a solid HSE culture. Typically 8 hour shifts with some overtime required when needed. Strong management team who care about their employees
Pros
Pay, HSE commitment
Fantastic work life balance equal opportunity employers fair enough package diverse range of workers internal opportunities friendly staff some envious and unfriendly staff good training packages team leaders were always very encouraging even if they didn't mean it team bonding time freebies very rewarding
Pros
training, internal opportunities, equal opportunity employers, work life balance
Cons
strictness at lunch break
I enjoyed working at Centrica Energy. I was able to apply my creative style to improve many processes during the Suncor acquisition. This was the most enjoyable part of the job. The workplace structure of an open concept was challenging to concentrate. I adapted and continued to perform very well.
Pros
Freedom to Create
Cons
Systems needed to be adapted to the new business.
Typical gas plant with routine checks and standard practices. The people are great and plant safety is extremely high.This is a great learning facility with all kinds of things to learn.
Pros
free ride to work
Cons
long days
Excellent place to work, Great leadership that encourages employees to learn and take risks. They promote within and will coach there employees to excel. Unfortunately up for sale.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Currently up for sale
Alertme/BGCH was a amazing place to prove your skills and quite innovative as we dealt with home automation products. There was a good life and work balance with occasional pressure of demos.
Pros
Quite innovative and friendly environment
My typical day involves flying via helicopter to a remote gas platform to conduct planned and preventative maintenance I manage a team of multi disciplined Technicians during a 12hr day I work well with my team and we have a strong bond which helps create a great work ethic The hardest part of my job is working 14 days continual sometimes stretching to 14hrs My most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team and keeping the Gas flowing from the platforms.
Pros
Pension and SIP share scheme
Cons
Working away from home for 14 Days
Decent work, but not much of an environment. The culture was poor and the working conditions were also very poor. No privacy in the minimalist open cubicle and glass wall environment. There are definitely better places to work.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Poor working conditions.
i really enjoyed my job on a day to day basis. from the beautiful landscapes that i had the pleasure of working in, too the cooperation and guidance of fellow co workers. i learned a lot about the transportation of natural gas and oil through pipelines and facilities. i would say the hardest part of my job was working in highly dangerous atmospheres with h2s gases. i try to learn as much as i can in any surrounding. the only thing someone can never steal from you is your knowledge. in which in this state of employment i reached my limit of learning and advancement, which is the reasoning for my search for something new and exciting.
Pros
great schedule. benefits. landscape
Cons
dangerous gases. no room for expanding
Everything is great about the company minus the control that Centrica UK had over operations and ultimately caused lay offs due to decisions despite Canada being cash flow positive
Oil and gas price took the fun out of this company. Safety and well beingof employees and contractors was always paramount.
Pros
Technically challenging
Cons
Oil and gas price
There is a myriad of talent at Centrica that enjoys collaboration and keep things simple to get the job done. Most of the noxious personnel inherited during takeover from Suncor is gone, and the remaining people is good to work with. Good work life balance.
Pros
Most of the people is nice to work with
Cons
Centrica Canada will sell all its assets; conditions may change with new management.
I enjoyed my time at Centrica working with a great group of people. There is lots of room for advancement and opportunities to relocate to Europe.
Pros
Great People
great place to work would go back in a second if I could great people clean and safe place to work management could be a little stronger and define roles better work place had a lot of changes since Centrica took over (formerly Petro Canada/Suncor Energy)
Pros
great pay, close to home
Cons
economy caused a staff reduction which I was a part of
Over the last 2 years multiple employees including two long term VP's have left this organization. Turn over is high and there are questions as to why they are not paying their vendors on time. Do yourself a favour and investigate fully before taking any position within this organization. The Canadian company makes all of the money for the organization but was recently partially sold to Qatar. Most people I know are looking for positions elsewhere right now.
Pros
We receive flex days each month
Cons
Hr
Centrica is a great company to work for, there's lot of opportunity to learn.
  1. Employee reviews