Centric Health Employee Reviews

Loved working with the elderly
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON17 October 2018
Worked as a physio aide in a nursing home, loved it, but cut back of 50 million for physio to seniors and many lost their jobs. Was wonderful job. Seniors are amazing and we have alot to learn from them..
Pros
loved the job
Cons
an exchange of physiotherapist alot due to their work load
Great Learning Opporuntiy
Reception and Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  calgary26 September 2018
Working for Centric was a great opportunity and I learned so much from the leadership team. I felt that my ideas were valued and that I empowered to make my own decisions in my role.
Not Organized
MOA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2018
The turn around so high, that should tell head office and management something but they don’t care. They let the good employees quit and keep the bad ones whom have no medical experience and are flat out lazy.
Management is useless, you bring issues to their attention and get no where.
Pros
Good extended care benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
Unorganized and chaotic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2018
Poorly run company. RN at Vancouver location. False promises, no breaks, all about dollars. Equipment and technology sub par. Extremely poor management. Work 10-12 hours with no breaks. Short staffed. Empty promises. No parking benefits -$14 dollars a day parking. No RRSP sharing, poor benefits. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
They say free lunch but it’s only for the OR doctors
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Great Place to work
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Although there have been recent changes, the company overall is heading in the right direction. The changes have allowed me opportunities that I would not normally have had at this point in my career.
Pros
Competitive salary, lots of growth opportunities
Cons
Fast moving environments
Unstable environment, cliques, uncertain hours
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London15 December 2017
Hard working employees beware! Don’t expect to be appreciated or rewarded. The location I was in was very cliquey; I personally don’t want any part of that and am happy working on my own but if you are not then be aware that this is how it is. Don’t get me wrong- there are some great people too, but this is just the general environment and the management does not discourage this at all. If the “wrong” important person takes a dislike to someone, they will get turfed out pretty quickly for no good reason either; this makes for a very unstable environment. As well, even though we were “supposed” to be finished at a certain time each day, that rarely happened and it was very unpredictable when we’d be done so it was pretty hard to make plans around work for the end of the day. Pay was not great but on par with other employers.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long days, no appreciation, no job security
productive
Office Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
I loved working at centric health all the staff were friendly except for the other receptionist and our supervisor, all the patients were a joy to help and assist on a daily basis. My supervisor would ask me to come in of weekends with the incentive of $200 cash and that didn't happen they paid me on my check so that it would be taxed even when that wasn't the agreement. I would love to work for centric health in the future maybe just at another clinic.
Industrious and methodological place to work!
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pharmacare Fulfillment Centre Edmonton AB2 June 2017
Great place to work if you like systems. I like processes which result in less errors and good patient health outcomes. Never a dull moment and lots of problem solving. Supportive colleagues from HR, IT, administrative to logistics. If you wanna make a career in pharmacy (clinical and/or non-clinical) then this is place to start and retire.
Pros
Roles are defined and you know what you are going to do in a day.
good place to work, to get experience and helping team and management.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
It was a great experience and learning with very co operative colleagues and supportive management. Did not fine any harsh experience.. Obviously busy environment need to work hard but that is challenge and learning opportunity.
Money makes their world go 'round.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 April 2017
I was attracted(taken in ( by the company speel of providing top notch pharmaceutical care to their clients. I worked hard and did what I thought was best for my clients. This often meant reducing the number of medications they were taking. This was not acceptable to management and I was let go.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Lack of recognition of true client care.

Want to know more about Centric Health?

Ask a question
Stressful busy workplace
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
This is a busy high paced pharmacy that emphasizes following process and being accurate (it's a pharmacy after all)

Management does not tolerate employees that are not encouraging and provide guidance and just fired 2 supervisors. They listen to employees have a HR person right on site. There is job security most employees been there for over 3 years. New business added so lots of new staff as well. Good culture team approach

Benefits are mandatory but comprehensive can fill your prescriptions at the pharmacy you work for total coverage or another pharmacy for 80 percent coverage
Pros
Good managers, We are treated well even get Starbucks, birthday cake once a month, great year end staff appreciation dinner
Cons
Very busy very high paced, long hours but we get paid!
Horrible Place to work in as a pharmacist or Tech
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2017
Bad management, weird work environment, too much stress,
dirty business,poor policies and procedures, they don't care about patients or employees,
all employees feel instability as managers always threaten to fire them, almost every week they fire 1 or 2 in Edmonton.
Pros
Na
Poorly Run Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 March 2017
No staff support, blatant nepotism, it is very clear if you don't suck up to management you will not keep your job. Staff turnover is the highest I've seen anywhere. They do not operate with best practices and get angry and fire people when mistakes are made. The compensation is ridiculous. No overtime, only banked time which you have a very hard time getting them to pay out or getting the time off to use it. The benefits are certainly not the best I've ever seen, you are only covered if you use their pharmacy. And salary is below average for the position.
Worst place in Edmonton
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
worst place to work as a pharmacist or tech,
high turn over rate,
unhealthy work environment
work over load,
always make mistakes in your paystub to pay you less
Pros
na
Cons
stressful, treat you bad, can fire you any time
Great working experience
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
Amazing company to work with. Great benefits and flexibility. It was a great learning experience considering it was my first job in Canada.
Overall a good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2016
People are what make the company a good place to work. I don't know about the other facilities across Canada, but the Vancouver site is filled with hardworking people who do their best every day to take excellent care of their patients. No work place is perfect and there will always be stressors, but everyone here tries to work together like a family.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Health care can be unpredictable
Awful place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2016
Do not even think of a job here as permanent or a career. Salary good, but no benefits, no Inservices, nothing invested in staff development, very poor moral, no rapport with management, doctors, acillary staff, or even some of the other nursing staff. Not a card even at holiday time, much less a dinner, bonus or even a token gift. Do not expect any more than a quick coffee or quick bite to eat while in front of patient's, if there is time, as there is never a get away break, even to go to the bathroom, unless you can convince some one to relieve you for a moment.
You often don't know what time you will be finished at the end of the day, as patients can, and are added without you being aware or asked. Hours, start times change frequently, days are cancelled or added regularly,
UGG
Pros
Free parking, no plugs, other nurses superb! A huge pro
Cons
Unsafe neighbourhood for after evenings
Very weird environment, weird groups and if they dont like you..forget it. Very poorly managed
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 June 2016
Very experienced, 20 yrs.
Talked me into taking salary drop to sucker me in.
Compliment my work great raves for months
Then terminate me on the day after 3 months...wtf
Pros
Good hrs, some nice people inside
Cons
Everything, and bullying is crazy, lying children aged 22-45
Not the most ideal place to work
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 January 2016
The Job culture was great, however management was not very approachable.The

Most of the people are nice but the turn over is so high!!! Instead of cultivating good employees they let them quit. The people who consistently stay on have emotional issues and are not professional. Too many tears and complaints in the workplace. Worst of all though is that management does not provide the necessary support to help people succeed!!! They let you suffer there until you can't take it anymore and quit! Everyone in every department is stressed and overworked! This place has a major issue with understaffing! If you like a chaotic atmosphere, immature reception staff and having empty promises made to you by management then this is the perfect place for you!
Dynamic workplace, great clinics and team
VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Canada2 November 2015
We are part of changing Canadian Healthcare for the better. Great clinics, clinicians, and extended teams.

Engagement at many levels from insurance companies, large employers, government bodies and front line healthcare - never a dull day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centric Health. Our community is ready to answer.