Centric Health

Centric Health Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Good place for experience
It’s a good place to work if you’re trying to gain reception or more pharmacy based experience; they do tend to over work certain things but it’s not the best but not the worst either
really very good place to work
it was a long term pharmacy. I was working as a pharmacy assistant (data entry) . I learned everything about data entry from this pharmacy. it was my best job I ever did in my life. just coz of some family issues we moved from Edmonton to BC then I quit the job.
Insulting pay for critical task performed.
When a pharmacy at a grocery store pays out more than this place during a crisis like this. it really speaks to their character. $15/hr is an absolute insult to anyone living in Victoria and providing an essential service.
Work elsewhere
The atmosphere here is horrendous. The workload is less than other pharmacies but due to the uncooperative atmosphere and terrible workflow things are never caught up and work continues to pile up and is terribly unorganized. Management will continually ask for more and more from you. No paid sick days. But employees are overwhelmed and overworked so they are taking dats off anyway Check your pay EVERY pay period as they conveniently miss paying you for hours worked EVERY pay period....
Bad management that bullies you and others
Human resources doesn't look into the problem with one person that is running the lab..She got people fired and many including myself where off on stress leave a few times ..before she came it was a nice environment ..I finally couldn't take the bully anymore and left ..aldi my co worker left after me..
A lot of freindly people
If you caught on quick and did your work they were an amazing company to work for. I didn't want to leave but was moving away and had to quit the job that was amazing.
This is not somewhere to work long-term
Worked at this company for years. It was a great place to work until Centric Health took over.
Every day is different because they are so understaffed. It is high stress and tense. Very difficult to work in a toxic environment. Cuts, cuts, cuts. Each position is broad so that they can pull you in a hundred directions. The pay is garbage. This is not somewhere to work long-term.

Hardworking, smart, educated employees are unable to function under such poor management. You are encouraged to work sick because there is no one to fill spaces. Three sick days a year. People come to work sick...and processing medications sick. Shouldn't a health inspector be looking at this. No masks, no gloves. The viruses are running rampant through the building because no one can take a sick day. Poor health care. Elderly people are consuming these medications and its dangerous.

The best part of the job is the people. With all the pressure and stress, the staff are still the nicest and most caring. When you have a bad day, they are there to lift you.
Productive and Supportive Workplace
Enjoyable employment. Some travelling involved to ensure the services with in the Long Term Care Homes was maintained according to standards. I managed a staff of 14, both PT's and PTA's. I held meetings with the DOC's, RAI coordinators and Nursing staff to ensure that the Physio services were on par with the care plans.
The hardest part was learning the intricacies of that role, however, was intriguing. The most enjoyable part was managing the staff and hearing the positive feedback from the Long Term Care Home Care Team...
Pros
The diversity of the position as Regional Manager.
Cons
Being away from home for days while meeting with the Long Terrm Care Staff.
Loved working with the elderly
Worked as a physio aide in a nursing home, loved it, but cut back of 50 million for physio to seniors and many lost their jobs. Was wonderful job. Seniors are amazing and we have alot to learn from them..
Pros
loved the job
Cons
an exchange of physiotherapist alot due to their work load
good opportunities in private health care industries
It was a good place for the people who want to know how the private health care operating in Canada.

Seeing things from different aspects, especially, since Canada has universal health care police!
Pros
great staffs, strong professional ethic
Cons
lock of ability on solving problem, higher level management is a chaos
Great Learning Opporuntiy
Working for Centric was a great opportunity and I learned so much from the leadership team. I felt that my ideas were valued and that I empowered to make my own decisions in my role.
good working place
helpful staff, good management, good benefits and salary no employment guarantee though.
Managers are helpful and proper training is provided in probation period.
Not Organized
The turn around so high, that should tell head office and management something but they don’t care. They let the good employees quit and keep the bad ones whom have no medical experience and are flat out lazy.
Management is useless, you bring issues to their attention and get no where.
Pros
Good extended care benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
Unorganized and chaotic
Poorly run company. RN at Vancouver location. False promises, no breaks, all about dollars. Equipment and technology sub par. Extremely poor management. Work 10-12 hours with no breaks. Short staffed. Empty promises. No parking benefits -$14 dollars a day parking. No RRSP sharing, poor benefits. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
They say free lunch but it’s only for the OR doctors
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Amazing company
An amazing place to work. Staff is very friendly and nice fast pace environment. I handle two surgeons schedules and have to keep up with two weeks of scheduled surgeries and postops/consults. I handle all of the patients that come into the clinic and get them ready for there procedures. I get them to fill out the right forms and get them ready to go into the operating rooms.I also answer phone calls, scan, fax and do other receptionist duties.
Great Place to work
Although there have been recent changes, the company overall is heading in the right direction. The changes have allowed me opportunities that I would not normally have had at this point in my career.
Pros
Competitive salary, lots of growth opportunities
Cons
Fast moving environments
Unstable environment, cliques, uncertain hours
Hard working employees beware! Don’t expect to be appreciated or rewarded. The location I was in was very cliquey; I personally don’t want any part of that and am happy working on my own but if you are not then be aware that this is how it is. Don’t get me wrong- there are some great people too, but this is just the general environment and the management does not discourage this at all. If the “wrong” important person takes a dislike to someone, they will get turfed out pretty quickly for no good reason either; this makes for a very unstable environment. As well, even though we were “supposed” to be finished at a certain time each day, that rarely happened and it was very unpredictable when we’d be done so it was pretty hard to make plans around work for the end of the day. Pay was not great but on par with other employers.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long days, no appreciation, no job security
productive
I loved working at centric health all the staff were friendly except for the other receptionist and our supervisor, all the patients were a joy to help and assist on a daily basis. My supervisor would ask me to come in of weekends with the incentive of $200 cash and that didn't happen they paid me on my check so that it would be taxed even when that wasn't the agreement. I would love to work for centric health in the future maybe just at another clinic.
Industrious and methodological place to work!
Great place to work if you like systems. I like processes which result in less errors and good patient health outcomes. Never a dull moment and lots of problem solving. Supportive colleagues from HR, IT, administrative to logistics. If you wanna make a career in pharmacy (clinical and/or non-clinical) then this is place to start and retire.
Pros
Roles are defined and you know what you are going to do in a day.
good place to work, to get experience and helping team and management.
It was a great experience and learning with very co operative colleagues and supportive management. Did not fine any harsh experience.. Obviously busy environment need to work hard but that is challenge and learning opportunity.
Money makes their world go 'round.
I was attracted(taken in ( by the company speel of providing top notch pharmaceutical care to their clients. I worked hard and did what I thought was best for my clients. This often meant reducing the number of medications they were taking. This was not acceptable to management and I was let go.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Lack of recognition of true client care.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centric Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9