Centre for Education & Training

Centre for Education & Training Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
A very professional and well-managed organization. The training was extensive and exhaustive.
I thoroughly enjoyed working there and was blessed to work with the team I had as we were tightly nit and very supportive of each other's success.
Thank you to the centre of education and training for giving me an opportunity to volunteer in my field of studies as an administrative support personnel. I have gained significant knowledge and experience throughout the assignments I was assigned to do. The staff was very helpful and courteous to assist me in my professional endeavors. Accept my sincere gratitude and appreciation.

and appreciation

for t
TCET Brampton east location is a great place to work. Excellent team, very supportive and helpful. Learnt a lot of administrative skills. Look forward to be working there in future.
TCET has some fantastic people working for it. The company is made up of highly idealistic staff who only want the best for their clients but they are stuck within the constraints of predetermined contracts that had promised to produce the impossible.
TCET does not have space for change and new ideas. As a result the budgets are extremely tight, the work is overwhelming and the quality suffers.

Everyone in the company is overworked and extremely stressed out.

There is a lot to learn at TCET and the friendships that you will make at this organization are memorable.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Way too much work
A typical day at work would be receiving contracts ,time sheets ,job posts ,flyers ,documents,data ,files all to process and follow up if something missing on weekly bases there would be a setup for a job fair for one or more employer .

Learned a lot of administrative roles learned to work on different systems ,it was fast paced environment dealing with everything related to employment services .

All my co-workers are great and very supportive .

The job is not hard and enjoyable.
Working starts at 9:00 am in a busy and fast pacing way of working in helping clients using computers, scanners, fax, and other office devices.
There I improved my communication and organizational skills.

The management is so understanding. Co-workers are supportive and friendly. They guide me to experience many tasks.

The most enjoyable part is helping my clients and gain their satisfaction.

It is a volunteering job.
Excellent place to assist job seekers with their career goals and really make a difference in the lives of those in our community.

As a Job Developer, you take a more hands on role working with both employers and Job seekers creating matches.

The culture is laid back and can be fun. the company sponsors and promote social events and all staff meetings to inspire team playing, although it comes easy to most.

The hardest part of the job is having to say no to people who don't qualify for the service, so having a heart f gold is Key!
• Assisted with updating and maintaining of administrative files for all programs
• created and maintained a highly effective filing system, including quick and thorough indexing, filing and offsite storage

• Prepared and edited documents such as short office memos, agendas, reports, and letters

• Opened, sorted and distributed mail for Chief Executive Officer and other staff

• Ensured that the inventory of all office supplies and related operation forms and documents

• Developed and maintained cordial relationship with clients and team members

• Gathered and filed employee staff attendance, sick leave, medical related documentation, and vacation information

• Scheduled and prepared room for meetings and took minutes for meeting items

• Scheduled appointments and interviews for vacant position

• Ensured office was neat and well resourced to ensure efficiency

• Assisted clients in person and phone

• Updated and maintained company mailing list and database by entering spreadsheet formulas and filed information as necessary
I like the atmosphere and the attitude of the people who work with new comers to help them to settle in Canada
Lots of room for advancement
Numerous areas to develop and learn new skills

Very entrepreneurial
A typical day at work would begin with arriving at work exchanging greetings with co-workers and management. Then the work for the day was assigned by the supervisor and mainly worked right through until lunch. Thereafter there would be a lunch break and after the work would be assigned until the end of the day.

The learning process in the job was to understand the various functions of the human resources department and the management of employee records. The payroll process was a great learning experience in which the monthly compensations was prepared and paid out to employees. In regards to policies and procedures there was a learning process that allowed me to develop certain documents.

The management and co-workers were of very friendly and accommodating nature. There was never an instance of discomfort and were always very helpful in difficult situations which was rare to encounter. Overall the work environment was a thoroughly positive.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure accuracy in the work conducted due to time constraints and deadline oriented work. It was also the most enjoyable part of the job as it ensured focus and hard work to ensure the most productivity.
The Centre for Education & Training is a great productive and collaborative work environment which has allowed me to grow not only professionaly but also intellectually in a very diverse environemment.

My favourite component of the job is developing and implementing new business rules and policies in partnership with government partners as well as community agencies. The intraction with various partners on a daily basis makes it a very exciting place to work.
Pros
positive work culture
Cons
does not make the most of my qualifications and abilities