Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience at CAMHJ and I only wish I could have stayed beyond the contract!The staff were amazing and the work is meaningful.I would highly recommend working at CAMH.
Pros
meaningful work
Cons
contract
I worked there for co-op and had a great experience. The team members know how to do their jobs and have no problem showing you how to do the work right.
I only worked there for my co-op placement and I gave it all 5/5 ratings because it was a great opportunity. The staff were great and had no problem with training me. If they had an opening before I left, I would have taken a position there in an instant.
Projects can be interesting. Management: Business analysts typically report to project managers, this type of setup calls for a power authority by PM's and a hierarchical relationship rather than fostering of a healthy team environment. Some management lack adequate training on how to deal with their direct reports and in my experience I found that the style was very paternalistic rather than a healthy relationship based on trust, respect of BA as a team member as well as lack of managers role to foster creativity and utilize/grow individuals talent. BA's are considered worker bee's (do what you are told) rather than respected team members. This can be detrimental not only to the individuals growth but to the teams growth as well impediment to the success of projects. In essence, BA's are not considered professionals with experience. This observation may not represent all PM's and/or other managers at CAMH. Director level individuals are approachable and ready to listen to feedback and implement improvements. Interesting observations: Was surprised to find political nuances at deep levels in this organization. It can affect productivity and talent stumper for those caught up in it. Overall experience has been quite negative at a professional level in this organization. Not certain if it is a very good place for a BA to have positive professional experience, learn and grow.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Management, Can be Unprofessional
Trouble shooting equipment problem and fixing the problem.
The thing I enjoyed most about my job is my wonderful co-workers and meeting clients from all walks of life. My position could be challenging and difficult at times, but always rewarding at the end of the day. Understanding client needs and having compassion has really taught me invaluable lessons.
Pros
good salary and benefits.
Cons
five hours of travelling per day to get to work.