Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Interesting projects, however, poor management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto, on27 July 2013
Projects can be interesting.
Management: Business analysts typically report to project managers, this type of setup calls for a power authority by PM's and a hierarchical relationship rather than fostering of a healthy team environment. Some management lack adequate training on how to deal with their direct reports and in my experience I found that the style was very paternalistic rather than a healthy relationship based on trust, respect of BA as a team member as well as lack of managers role to foster creativity and utilize/grow individuals talent. BA's are considered worker bee's (do what you are told) rather than respected team members. This can be detrimental not only to the individuals growth but to the teams growth as well impediment to the success of projects. In essence, BA's are not considered professionals with experience. This observation may not represent all PM's and/or other managers at CAMH.
Director level individuals are approachable and ready to listen to feedback and implement improvements.
Interesting observations: Was surprised to find political nuances at deep levels in this organization. It can affect productivity and talent stumper for those caught up in it.
Overall experience has been quite negative at a professional level in this organization. Not certain if it is a very good place for a BA to have positive professional experience, learn and grow.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Management, Can be Unprofessional

Other Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Reviews

My Experience
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  TORONTO8 March 2018
I enjoy my work because I love to serve clients. I learn daily something new from different people and learn new something work related. I love to learn and adapt to make good changes in my daily life . Most enjoyble part of my job is to connect with clients and listen to them and try to help them as much as I can.
Come for the salary, stay for other opportunities
Research Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
CAMH is a vast organization, so it is hard to review fairly considering I have only worked in one position and in one department. My experience has not been positive, with incompetent management. However, no hospital in the area pays as well, so that helps strike a balance.