Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times

Great cause to contribute to, great team

Great collaborative environment that supported personal growth and innovation. Strict work hours that create work structure and work-life balance. Agile project management.

Rewarding

You feel like you're doing good work at CAMH and the team and management are supportive. Location is downtown which is convenient. Once your in the company it's easy to move around.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Hours

Excellent learning opportunity for students

Good work/life balance, decent salary; opportunities for internal advancement; highly corporate culture; team work; challenging but rewarding work....

good place overall

Good place to work. A lot of over time opportunities due to staff shortage. Good management. Long hours. Not a lot of compensation for continuing education or training.

Awesome place to work

Great company to work, good environment. The best part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. Management support for life/work balance.

I did not work for the organization

Gd opportunity, enjoy serving people, near to my home, still might be manage to go to work despite of severe weather. Like the way people work there. Can work part time or full time in CAMH. NEVER REALLY WORKED IN CAMH

Pros

Enjoy serving people, people are friendly and relax

Cons

Hard to serve abnormal people, have to use techniques.

Demanding but rewarding

CAMH is definitely a demanding place to work, but you get a lot out of what you put in. The people are really nice to work with but there is an expectation that the job is the number 1 thing in your life despite assertions to the opposite

Great work experience

interacted with customers, built great communication skills, documentation skills and assessment procedures, mental health assessment, health promotion educations and strategies

Pros

clinical experience

Love patient to clients

I am a psw over 8 years I have lots of love and patient I love my job because I could make the clients and their happy and relax after I gave them good services they all like me and always the client choose me as soon as I helped him

Jobs at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

See more jobs

Great place to learn, friendly staff and spacious labs

As an intern, it was worth it and I can't wait to get hired at this place! I highly recommend this place to any student pursuing a medical career. A place to learn and grow.

Great Place to Work

Lots of opportunities for growth, you can move up within the organization and to different program.s There are also lots of opportunities for education and workshops.

CAMH is a great place to work - the culture is open and fun, but equally professional (and even academic, if you so choose!). Located right downtown, the campus is close to many amenities and TTC - making it easy to get to work.

Friendly supportive team that works well together

CAMH is an inclusive and caring hospital that has wonderful teams that really go out of their way to help the patient's who come to us for help. It makes working here very rewarding because you know that you are helping to make someone's life better. The staff are friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help each other. We have pot luck breakfasts or lunches just to build team spirit and often have after work gatherings for those who can attend. The management is always willing to listen to your ideas about how to make yours and others work life easier. They encourage growth and learning and the open environment allows for easy communication for good and bad reasons welcome. With the types of patient's that we have to encounter varying largely when a difficult situation arises management and the whole team are there to support you and make sure you are taking care of yourself as well. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is that there is never a dull day and you never know what to expect from one day to the next.

Very stressful at times

The hardest part of the job is the deadlines which are impossible to meet. If you work hard and long, then the benefits will be attainable.

No wonder its the number one cancer hospital in Canada

One of the most well-organized institutions I have worked at. Would recommend it to anyone who is considering an opportunity here.

Inclusive and passionate staff, people love to work here.

Great place to work. When people get a job at CAMH they often stay for a long time. It's very hard to leave. People are happy to work here and enjoy their jobs which makes it a very enjoyable work environment. There are some bothersome bureaucratic policies but those are expected at a hospital/research facility.

Great

Great people. Great work environment. Opportunities for further education and occupational support.

Good workplace. Excellent benefits package and vacation time. Excellent environment for learning and growing yourself and career,