Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Would recommend working if you just want a job with no input on your future

Good place to work depending on which dept. Management does not share ideas for any changes and never ask for staff input, although staff know the job best. Okay pay and benefits is fair, but employees voices are not heard. They say they listen and value staff input, but clearly, that's not the case

Rewarding

You feel like you're doing good work at CAMH and the team and management are supportive. Location is downtown which is convenient. Once your in the company it's easy to move around.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Hours

Poor salary - not competative

Many non-union positions for CAMH indicated competative salary and benefits and do not state the rate of pay. Rarely are these positions having competative pay - the pay is often far lower than what it should be for the qualifications listed - really disappointing for a large organization. And many contract positions with little job security.

Great place to work!

Great supportive work environment! It has great benefits and flexible work schedule. I enjoyed my time at CAMH and honoured to have worked for such a great organization.

Excellent learning opportunity for students

Good work/life balance, decent salary; opportunities for internal advancement; highly corporate culture; team work; challenging but rewarding work....

Amazing place to work!

Very flexible work environment. At the time I worked there, management open, encouraging and flexible. Salary and wages were great! I learned much... and was also encouraged to go to college part time which CAMH paid for. One of the best places I had ever worked! Working in Schizophrenia and Occupational Therapy taught me much more than I could have thought possible!

good place overall

Good place to work. A lot of over time opportunities due to staff shortage. Good management. Long hours. Not a lot of compensation for continuing education or training.

Very stressful at times

The hardest part of the job is the deadlines which are impossible to meet. If you work hard and long, then the benefits will be attainable.

Micromanagement of professionals

CAMH has taken to hiring managers for clinical programmes who have no clinical experience but are great with completing excel spreadsheets. If you yourself have a mental health issue they are not supportive and are sometimes quite cruel. Many staff are stressed and feel no agency over their work environment. Saying no is not an option.

Pros

Decent salary

Good workplace. Excellent benefits package and vacation time. Excellent environment for learning and growing yourself and career,

Jobs at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

See more jobs

Worked at the Centre for 20 years and worked with many wonderful people.

The thing I enjoyed most about my job is my wonderful co-workers and meeting clients from all walks of life. My position could be challenging and difficult at times, but always rewarding at the end of the day. Understanding client needs and having compassion has really taught me invaluable lessons.

Pros

good salary and benefits.

Cons

five hours of travelling per day to get to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement