Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Job security & advancement

CAMH is an employer of choice!

Wonderful experience at CAMHJ and I only wish I could have stayed beyond the contract!The staff were amazing and the work is meaningful.I would highly recommend working at CAMH.

Pros

meaningful work

Cons

contract

productive and positive

increased knowledge and skills , positive energy, learning , would like to have a job at the CAMH , because enjoyed the environment and had a lot of beneficial experience

Great cause to contribute to, great team

Great collaborative environment that supported personal growth and innovation. Strict work hours that create work structure and work-life balance. Agile project management.

Poor salary - not competative

Many non-union positions for CAMH indicated competative salary and benefits and do not state the rate of pay. Rarely are these positions having competative pay - the pay is often far lower than what it should be for the qualifications listed - really disappointing for a large organization. And many contract positions with little job security.

Excellent learning opportunity for students

Good work/life balance, decent salary; opportunities for internal advancement; highly corporate culture; team work; challenging but rewarding work....

Excellent Learning Environment

Well trained staff. Most staff are friendly and helpful. A world of opportunity to learn from different people and different areas of Mental Health. A very professional environment.

good place overall

Good place to work. A lot of over time opportunities due to staff shortage. Good management. Long hours. Not a lot of compensation for continuing education or training.

Awesome place to work

Great company to work, good environment. The best part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. Management support for life/work balance.

Awesome atmosphere

The environment was very welcoming. I met a lot of very interesting individuals during my time at CAMH. The only drawback was the compulsory enrollment into the workers' union.

Great work experience

interacted with customers, built great communication skills, documentation skills and assessment procedures, mental health assessment, health promotion educations and strategies

Pros

clinical experience

Jobs at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

See more jobs

Come for the salary, stay for other opportunities

CAMH is a vast organization, so it is hard to review fairly considering I have only worked in one position and in one department. My experience has not been positive, with incompetent management. However, no hospital in the area pays as well, so that helps strike a balance.

Values- and Purpose driven organization

A very values- and mission driven organization. Smart, passionate staff who care deeply about promoting mental health. A hospital not only engaged in direct provision of clinical care but also a world-leading work in mental health research, education/knowledge exchange & training, and system-building.

Best employer you could ask for

CAMH was my home away from home. Working here means being part of a team of exceptional mental health professionals. The facilities are world class. Many positions are unionized and it is nice to have a job where employees are treated like human beings. Compassion and kindness is CAMH’s business. Working here though often challenging is a great experience. I was able to launch my career with skills CAMH taught and developed in me. I miss working here. The department I worked in did mean I experienced vicarious trauma frequently but I had colleagues I could trust and rely on. Further the organization let me develop as a person and taught me life lessons I am always going to be grateful for.

Great place to learn, friendly staff and spacious labs

As an intern, it was worth it and I can't wait to get hired at this place! I highly recommend this place to any student pursuing a medical career. A place to learn and grow.

Great Place to Work

Lots of opportunities for growth, you can move up within the organization and to different program.s There are also lots of opportunities for education and workshops.

A welcoming atmosphere.

I enjoyed working at CAMH. I felt that it was an interesting and learning experience. And my feedback was greatly appreciated.

Pros

I liked how organized they were.

Cons

Not enough hours of work.

No wonder its the number one cancer hospital in Canada

One of the most well-organized institutions I have worked at. Would recommend it to anyone who is considering an opportunity here.

Focus is on youth rather than on experienced workers. Co workers were all very young so that more experienced workers are not appreciated

Pros

Somewhat friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes stressfu

A good place to learn and gain health sector knowledge

A good place to learn and gain knowledge about Ontario hospitals and community sectors specially LHIN Local Health Integrated Network)

Pros

An opportunity to learn Ontario health sector finding and business knowledge

Cons

A very tight project deadlines

Great

Great people. Great work environment. Opportunities for further education and occupational support.

Good workplace. Excellent benefits package and vacation time. Excellent environment for learning and growing yourself and career,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement