Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Reviews for Secretary

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 94 reviews

I was at CAMH for a totoal of 13 years, 10 years spent in Research and 3 years in a Clinical enviroment. Overall I enjoyed the years at CAMH.

Every day was hectic, especially Monday’s and Wednesday’s if there were clinics being held. A typical day would start at 7:30 a.m. I would unlock the filing cabinets; check the mail box to see if Canada Post had delivered any mail the previous day after I had left the office. I would then spend an hour or doing some filing. Check my emails to see if any of the clinicians had sent me an email regarding letters requesting client information from outside hospitals and/or agencies. I would also check to see if Dr. Liu had sent me a report to be sent out. I would format the report and check it for grammatical and/or spelling errors. As these reports went out to family Doctors and outside agencies that the client may be involved with (i.e. Surrey Place Centre) and the client’s family. One the most important aspects of the Admin position was admitting clients by registering them in ADT, after the client was admitted if they were a new client ADT would give them a client number as well as an14 digit encounter number. If the client had been previously admitted to CAMH they would already have a six digit client number and would only be assigned an encounter number. I developed a tracking sheet where I would list the client, make note of the client and encounter and Health Record numbers as well as who the clinician was that was involved with the client. I would then make note of them on the Excel CASE List on the Intake sheet, as well as make note that of this on the tracking sheet. If there happen to be request for information attached to the admittance I would do -

Pros

We would get together as a group after work every once in a while.

Cons

Sometimes the hours could be long, answering the door constantly could be very distracting.

Jobs at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health