Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

3.5Job security & advancement

Awesome atmosphere

The environment was very welcoming. I met a lot of very interesting individuals during my time at CAMH. The only drawback was the compulsory enrollment into the workers' union.

Interesting projects, however, poor management

Projects can be interesting. Management: Business analysts typically report to project managers, this type of setup calls for a power authority by PM's and a hierarchical relationship rather than fostering of a healthy team environment. Some management lack adequate training on how to deal with their direct reports and in my experience I found that the style was very paternalistic rather than a healthy relationship based on trust, respect of BA as a team member as well as lack of managers role to foster creativity and utilize/grow individuals talent. BA's are considered worker bee's (do what you are told) rather than respected team members. This can be detrimental not only to the individuals growth but to the teams growth as well impediment to the success of projects. In essence, BA's are not considered professionals with experience. This observation may not represent all PM's and/or other managers at CAMH. Director level individuals are approachable and ready to listen to feedback and implement improvements. Interesting observations: Was surprised to find political nuances at deep levels in this organization. It can affect productivity and talent stumper for those caught up in it. Overall experience has been quite negative at a professional level in this organization. Not certain if it is a very good place for a BA to have positive professional experience, learn and grow.

Pros

Interesting projects

Cons

Management, Can be Unprofessional

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement