Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Sort of runs like a for-profit agency

24 July 2020
Unfortunately, employee wellness is not really a consideration at CAMH. Very numbers driven where amount of clients seen is prioritized over quality of care. Much of management is reactionary and clients often suffer due to staff having to move on quickly due to only short contracts being offered at first. High risk of burnout with low benefit to staff.
2.0Job security/advancement
2 January 2021
RN Staff Nurse/case Management outpatient (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Shortage of staff at a times
15 October 2020
Post-doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.
21 July 2020
Data Analyst (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Surveillance society with a Versailles structure maintained through social justice activists and shady operatives. Overtly open to being "data-driven" but quite hostile to anything that may uncover practices. Embodiment of the Addiction, Homelessness & Mental Health Industrial Complex.
Pros
Things that could be done for the benefit of Health Information
Cons
Management's resistance to all that could be done