Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Poor salary - not competative

6 November 2019
Many non-union positions for CAMH indicated competative salary and benefits and do not state the rate of pay. Rarely are these positions having competative pay - the pay is often far lower than what it should be for the qualifications listed - really disappointing for a large organization. And many contract positions with little job security.
1.0Job security/advancement
9 May 2021
Regional Implementation Coach, (IPOC) (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Wonderful experience at CAMHJ and I only wish I could have stayed beyond the contract!The staff were amazing and the work is meaningful.I would highly recommend working at CAMH.
Pros
meaningful work
Cons
contract
2 January 2021
RN Staff Nurse/case Management outpatient (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Shortage of staff at a times
15 October 2020
Post-doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.