Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Micromanagement of professionals

CAMH has taken to hiring managers for clinical programmes who have no clinical experience but are great with completing excel spreadsheets. If you yourself have a mental health issue they are not supportive and are sometimes quite cruel. Many staff are stressed and feel no agency over their work environment. Saying no is not an option.

Pros

Decent salary

3.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

the needs of the org reign supreme

Get ready to be a member of Canada's largest spin machine. Sure they get all the money, but the org values it's image more than the needs of its clients. As a clinician, you'll be responsible for protecting the illusion that this place is anything more than a vehicle for psychopharmacology and it's academic interests. non-medical staff can be placated for years with ceremonial activities that seem to function as a means to allow people to pretend they provide a range of services. Be prepared to join the ranks of the most professionally unsatisfying culture. When you're not bogged down by administrative tasks you'll have a little time left over to meet clients and manage their expectations of actually receiving a helpful Mental Health service.
Same location

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times
Same location

poor management and work culture

CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement