Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Good job security

Good job security however workplace culture is toxic and staff become jaded quickly. Difficult to maintain self and provide the best patient care, lots of burnout and have seen many coworkers leave the job. That being said I love my job but do wish they paid more, aline with industry standard

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

the needs of the org reign supreme

Get ready to be a member of Canada's largest spin machine. Sure they get all the money, but the org values it's image more than the needs of its clients. As a clinician, you'll be responsible for protecting the illusion that this place is anything more than a vehicle for psychopharmacology and it's academic interests. non-medical staff can be placated for years with ceremonial activities that seem to function as a means to allow people to pretend they provide a range of services. Be prepared to join the ranks of the most professionally unsatisfying culture. When you're not bogged down by administrative tasks you'll have a little time left over to meet clients and manage their expectations of actually receiving a helpful Mental Health service.
Same roleSame location

Micromanagement of professionals

CAMH has taken to hiring managers for clinical programmes who have no clinical experience but are great with completing excel spreadsheets. If you yourself have a mental health issue they are not supportive and are sometimes quite cruel. Many staff are stressed and feel no agency over their work environment. Saying no is not an option.

Pros

Decent salary
Same location

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement