Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Friendly supportive team that works well together

CAMH is an inclusive and caring hospital that has wonderful teams that really go out of their way to help the patient's who come to us for help. It makes working here very rewarding because you know that you are helping to make someone's life better. The staff are friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help each other. We have pot luck breakfasts or lunches just to build team spirit and often have after work gatherings for those who can attend. The management is always willing to listen to your ideas about how to make yours and others work life easier. They encourage growth and learning and the open environment allows for easy communication for good and bad reasons welcome. With the types of patient's that we have to encounter varying largely when a difficult situation arises management and the whole team are there to support you and make sure you are taking care of yourself as well. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is that there is never a dull day and you never know what to expect from one day to the next.

3.0Job security/advancement

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times
Same location

poor management and work culture

CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.
Same location

Sort of runs like a for-profit agency

Unfortunately, employee wellness is not really a consideration at CAMH. Very numbers driven where amount of clients seen is prioritized over quality of care. Much of management is reactionary and clients often suffer due to staff having to move on quickly due to only short contracts being offered at first. High risk of burnout with low benefit to staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Centre for Addiction and Mental Health with

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Reviews by Location

• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
  • Friendly supportive team that works well together
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?