Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

During my placement at CAMH in Toronto I was a Behaviour Therapist placement student. I was placed through my Behavioural Science Technology program at George Brown College to assist with behavioural programming, design and implement a reduction program, and work as a member of an inter-professional team to provide the best overall rehabilitation services to forensic patients dealing with mental health issues. I had the opportunity to work with an excellent team of Nurses, Occupational, Behavioural and Recreational Therapists, Dietitian's, Social Workers and Psychiatrists. This was an overall excellent learning experience.

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times
Same location

poor management and work culture

CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.
Same location

Sort of runs like a for-profit agency

Unfortunately, employee wellness is not really a consideration at CAMH. Very numbers driven where amount of clients seen is prioritized over quality of care. Much of management is reactionary and clients often suffer due to staff having to move on quickly due to only short contracts being offered at first. High risk of burnout with low benefit to staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Centre for Addiction and Mental Health with

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Reviews by Location

• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
  • Excellent rehabilitation environment and an overall excellent placement experience