Centre for Addiction and Mental Health logo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

Excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with a clinical setting

A typical day at work involves my recording court appearances and relevant documentation for CAMH - this includes client names, dates, community service hours/sanctions assigned, urine sample information, bail modifications, and personal reminders (i.e. of documentation to bring for next appearance, such as doctor's notes, health card, proof of address, etc). Additionally, I provide personal support to clients before, during break and after Drug Treatment Court. It is a fantastic learning opportunity and a good way to familiarize yourself with clinical and court settings.

Same roleSame location

Good Communication solves all things

Good mental health is important 24/7 but is not possible for various reasons for the challenges people face while existing in society. Learning to cope, remain calm and healthy is a great path for good mental health. camh leads the way in this regard.

Pros

serving others

Cons

N/a
Same location

Supportive and friendly environment

I been working at CAmh for over 10years now, it is an teaching hospital and the opportunity for growth is endless. Regardless of ones culture or beliefs your always supported and feel part of the team. I consider my team at CAMH as my extended family. THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN and as a team we never let our Patients/clients /family member down. “WE WORK TOGETHER WE ARE ONE TEAM”

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Shortage of staff at a times
Same location

poor management and work culture

CAMH was for me a very close research facility, where collaboration has been replaced with competition. Internal and between-site communications were very inefficient; what would cause considerable delays in research activities and progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Centre for Addiction and Mental Health with

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Reviews by Location

• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
  • Excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with a clinical setting