Centre du Sablon Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Sub-par Management alongside a Toxic Work Environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 March 2019
As a previous animator for their summer camp, I regret to say that this job was not a good experience. Their is excessive unprofessionalism amongst management, and more so, amongst Employees, with excessive drama and inter-camp relationships. This would often encroach upon the camp experience. With over 5 years in the camp environment, I would have to say Sablon pales in comparison to other camps in not only its pay (minimum wage for all positions, including leadership, specialists, and integration aides) but its treatment of employees. Beware! Do NOT miss a day if you are working there. The rest of that summer, you may have to work 8-6 to make those hours up. As appealing a summer job at a camp may be, stay away from this organization!
Pros
The Kids! They are absolutley Amazing :)
Cons
Management, Excessive Hours, Bad Pay, Toxic Work Environment
Good starting job
Counsellor in Training (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC29 July 2017
Centre du Sablon was an experience i will never forget. I enjoyed my time there especially the new people i met. Some things could have been improved like the organization but it was ok overall.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disorganized at times
Good experience, fun,
Monitrice de camp (Former Employee) –  Laval, Qc19 April 2014
I would have to continuously supervise children of all ages, play games, go swimming, etc. Every Wednesday, the entire camp would go on an outing (water slides, Centre de la Nature, Funtropolis, etc) where strict supervision was required. Fridays were themed (pajama day, Halloween day, etc) and each age group would have their own set of activities, organized by the monitors. There would also be swimming, for 45 minutes a day. If it were a nice day, we would go to the park, play soccer outside and have other activities arranged (water balloons for instance, if children were age appropriate).
Through this job, I learned how difficult it is to take care of children, but also how fun it could be. I became more organized, patient, and creative. Co-workers were very fun and animated. We would sing at the beginning and end of a camp day. Also, the end of the summer, we would all organize a dance.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was working with children. As one can imagine, children can be very stubborn, and difficult to work with, since they don't always listen. With that said, they were also the best part of my job. Playing with them and spending 5 days a week with them and getting to know them was an amazing experience.
Kids are fun!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 January 2014
I volunteered there when I was 14. Everyone was nice! The kids were friendly and it was a fun job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No pay