CENTRAL WEST SPECIALIZED DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Dont care about employees or clients
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 May 2018
This place is a joke. Dangerous work environment for the most part. Huge turn around rate, and they dispose of you as soon as there has been a work place incident . Was attacked, and then terminated.
Pros
Might meet some good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Clients are great, the rest not so much.
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 March 2018
I worked at CWSDS as a residential counsellor. I loved the clients I worked with. I learned a lot about how to beat support individuals with developmental disabilities who also have behavioural issues. CWSDS has so much potential, but needs to be restructured. Management is terrible. Anytime a client had a behaviour when at the centre and upper management was around, they would shut their doors and pretend nothing was happening. Nobody gets fired at this agency and they should. Many staff sleep on the job, go for LONG van rides, smoke weed while at work, choose to do absolutely nothing and they all get away with it. While there are good people that work at CWSDS, there are a lot of people who aren’t there for the clients best interests. It’s a shame because all the good staff leave because there isn’t any incentive to stay.
Worst Work Place
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 February 2018
poor work culture, very unprofessional, saw lots of abuse over looked due to staff fearing reprisal if they spoke up. Unprofessional management, very biased. Management play favorite and even date the staff, You will be dismissed if you speak up
Pros
Cons
shady management
amazing!
Residential Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 November 2017
Absolutely loved working here, I only left due to personal medical issues! Amazing supervisor and coach, ensured that I continued to learn on the job!
Educational Workplace
Developmental Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 September 2014
Learned so much about the Social Service Field from this job
I loved my job.
Residential Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 December 2012
It was a great place to work and to start my career in SSW!
Supporting people with an intellectual disability in a residential setting. Must work well as a team! Can be the one of the best workplaces... if you feel it is the right fit for you. Good wages and benefits.
Pros
hours are great!
Cons
cliques/change in hr