Central Painting Inc.

Canada17 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

No future

They don't have any work in the west midwest to get excited about or any long term work. I would not put any faith in a future of any lasting with this company.

Great place to work. When I was there it was one of the best places I have ever worked. The boss and workers were great and Thay made me feel comfortable.

Pros

All pro great place to work

Cons

Insights into Central Painting Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

One of the best employers i have had the pleasure of working for

A typical day of work at Central Painting consists of getting in between 8-9 AM, and leaving at 5 pm (although some days may consist of leaving a little later, however, management is considerate of that and will allow you to leave earlier on days that your workload is lighter). Sorting through documents for tenders that have been issued, keeping your workload managed, contacting clients/suppliers, following up with proposal, and so on. I have learned A TON about paint - probably a little more than i ever would have thought. Over the course of the last couple months I have learned how to use Planswift (estimating takeoff software). Before starting my role, I thought I was pretty organized, but the owner, has it down to a T. We use several programs to make sure that all of our information/projects is streamlined and easily accessible. My first day on the job, the head of HR and recruiter made me feel like I was part of the "family" - the word that is used to describe your co-workers - and it really does feel like that. The Chief Estimator has been extremely helpful making sure I understand all terminology used in the painting world, where to look for certain information that I can't find, and with giving tips. If you've never used PlanSwift before, it can be intimidating, however, management, and your fellow estimators NEVER hesitate to give you a hand if you're stuck. The hardest part about estimating, in my opinion, is learning new software, understanding PlanSwift software in great detail can take a bit of time to get the hang of it. The most enjoyable aspect of -

Not a bad place to work. They keep you busy all year round though. Night shifts are often required and also relocating for extended periods of time.

Pros

Good hrs.

Cons

travels required for extended period of times

Productive and Involving

Performed a variety of tasks surrounding maintenance of utilities. Management was easy going and understanding. A lot of extremely nice, personable, employees, willing to answer any of your questions. Hardest part, would be the physical aspect of the job and the long hours. Some of the work was difficult, but management understood that.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

Long Hours

This place is a joke

I was hired by this company and on the first day was left alone on a 300 million dollar project with no direction,no equipment,the so called supervisor takes off to Kamloops and leaves me to pick up the paint on foot by the way and to make sure it looks like something is being done .still haven't received my pay and was let go via text.as soon as they flew 2 people in from ontario.this company is a joke

Pros

Cons

Long hours no direction

Worked you into the ground. Always wanted more hours out of you

50 hrs/week every week wasn't enough for them. If they could the would get you in every Saturday and Sunday if you were willing. They 're regular guys forced them to work 10-12hrs a day and Saturday-Sunday. No life-work balance terrible place to work for.

fun place to work

great people good management big jobs ,room for advancement ,great wages ,hard work long hours steady contracts good benefits fun job

Pros

good wages

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Painting Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement