Central Painting Inc.
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Central Painting Inc. Management reviews

Canada17 reviews

Clear

Fast-paced, collaborative, supportive and personal development opportunities

To be clear, working in construction requires you to have the ability to be flexible, open to collaboration, problem-solve on the fly, communicate well with others, and have the physical and emotional ability to deal with unexpected things that happen during a shift.Working in the office, I see that everyone works at their best to keep the jobsites running and organized. Many types of software and apps are used to make everything accessible to employees both in the office and in the field. This includes using safety apps in the field so that workers can have access to H&S resources, company policies and procedures and emergency/contact information if things happen on site. Construction sites are regulated by H&S Legislation and this means that not only does the company expect their workers to follow procedures, but they are also following the General Contractor's site requirements. Not one person is responsible for safety, everyone is. This could mean that not all people on a jobsite are following safety to the exact T but at Central Painting Inc, we are given many opportunities for training and development, both for painting skills and for H&S training so that workers can be safe on the job site and be productive too.Construction also means that the jobsites are indoors, outdoors, at night, early mornings, requires commuting and requires people to be physically and mentally fit to do their job. The company does encourage people to talk with their managers when they have concerns. The key is to talk with your managers, not just keep issues to yourself or supervisor.  -

Pros

Benefits, wages, H&S training is paid for, career development, supportive management, app-based safety resources, physically and mentally stimulating work environment

Cons

Could need to commute long distances for work, night shifts & weekend work during busy season (summer), high-paced deadlines.

Dont apply!

Management does not care about workers i was not there long at all an watched many people either get fired or leave because they were treated unfairly.

Pros

More then minimum wage.

Cons

Not enoug work and they will make you drive allot and treat you poorly.

Insights into Central Painting Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

One of the best employers i have had the pleasure of working for

A typical day of work at Central Painting consists of getting in between 8-9 AM, and leaving at 5 pm (although some days may consist of leaving a little later, however, management is considerate of that and will allow you to leave earlier on days that your workload is lighter). Sorting through documents for tenders that have been issued, keeping your workload managed, contacting clients/suppliers, following up with proposal, and so on. I have learned A TON about paint - probably a little more than i ever would have thought. Over the course of the last couple months I have learned how to use Planswift (estimating takeoff software). Before starting my role, I thought I was pretty organized, but the owner, has it down to a T. We use several programs to make sure that all of our information/projects is streamlined and easily accessible. My first day on the job, the head of HR and recruiter made me feel like I was part of the "family" - the word that is used to describe your co-workers - and it really does feel like that. The Chief Estimator has been extremely helpful making sure I understand all terminology used in the painting world, where to look for certain information that I can't find, and with giving tips. If you've never used PlanSwift before, it can be intimidating, however, management, and your fellow estimators NEVER hesitate to give you a hand if you're stuck. The hardest part about estimating, in my opinion, is learning new software, understanding PlanSwift software in great detail can take a bit of time to get the hang of it. The most enjoyable aspect of -

Management are completely out of touch with the employees

The current forman family running the stantech towers and the subcontracter employee relationships in the Edmonton location are a mess! They do nothing to build the teams up and allow their family to be foreman in all areas of the stantech towers. They treat their employees and subcontracters like they’re stupid and yell and swear at them daily. There’s no communication or problem solving just gossiping belittling and wrongfully blaming people for things others do or say! I feel sorry for the owners of the stantech towers. as the way things are going on that job site aren’t going to produce anything up to the expectations of where it should be!

Productive and Involving

Performed a variety of tasks surrounding maintenance of utilities. Management was easy going and understanding. A lot of extremely nice, personable, employees, willing to answer any of your questions. Hardest part, would be the physical aspect of the job and the long hours. Some of the work was difficult, but management understood that.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

Long Hours

Greedy, disorganized, unreasonable expections

Huge employee turn over. Huge lack of concern for employee's hours, pay or communication. Well known with lots of complaints at Employment Standards. Demanding and difficult to communicate issues with.

fun place to work

great people good management big jobs ,room for advancement ,great wages ,hard work long hours steady contracts good benefits fun job

Pros

good wages

Busy but fun workplace

A typical day of work would be juggling many different things from phone calls to emails to reviewing contracts to travel arrangements to completing WSIB claims, etc. I learned how to interact with all staff from labourer to president giving each person the same time and respect. The hardest part of my job would have been time management as their never seemed to be enough time in the day but I overcame this by taking some time management courses and prioritizing my day based on urgency. The most enjoyable part would have been the interaction between myself and my co-workers.

Pros

People I worked with

Cons

Having to be available 24-7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Painting Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement