Central Painting Inc.

Central Painting Inc. Employee Reviews

Insights into Central Painting Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

No future

They don't have any work in the west midwest to get excited about or any long term work. I would not put any faith in a future of any lasting with this company.

Dont apply!

Management does not care about workers i was not there long at all an watched many people either get fired or leave because they were treated unfairly.

Pros

More then minimum wage.

Cons

Not enoug work and they will make you drive allot and treat you poorly.

Great place to work. When I was there it was one of the best places I have ever worked. The boss and workers were great and Thay made me feel comfortable.

Pros

All pro great place to work

Bad Company

Horrible company to work for. They don’t care about their employees. They don’t look out for the long term of their employees. The safety is horrible and that shows they don’t care about their employees. Bad bad company to work for. Stay away.

Pros

Not much

Cons

They do not care about their employees

I went on sick leave .After I was fit and ready for work they keep saying work is slow they would call me when things pick up. Yet I have seen they have countless ads hiring all over Ontario especially on indeed. I have not been terminated. But they hire painters for less money. They refuse to terminate me .I am always on time always there when needed. This is how they treat me

Pros

They pay wageson time

Cons

About 800km a month on your vehicle

One of the best employers i have had the pleasure of working for

A typical day of work at Central Painting consists of getting in between 8-9 AM, and leaving at 5 pm (although some days may consist of leaving a little later, however, management is considerate of that and will allow you to leave earlier on days that your workload is lighter). Sorting through documents for tenders that have been issued, keeping your workload managed, contacting clients/suppliers, following up with proposal, and so on. I have learned A TON about paint - probably a little more than i ever would have thought. Over the course of the last couple months I have learned how to use Planswift (estimating takeoff software). Before starting my role, I thought I was pretty organized, but the owner, has it down to a T. We use several programs to make sure that all of our information/projects is streamlined and easily accessible. My first day on the job, the head of HR and recruiter made me feel like I was part of the "family" - the word that is used to describe your co-workers - and it really does feel like that. The Chief Estimator has been extremely helpful making sure I understand all terminology used in the painting world, where to look for certain information that I can't find, and with giving tips. If you've never used PlanSwift before, it can be intimidating, however, management, and your fellow estimators NEVER hesitate to give you a hand if you're stuck. The hardest part about estimating, in my opinion, is learning new software, understanding PlanSwift software in great detail can take a bit of time to get the hang of it. The most enjoyable aspect of -

I very much enjoyed working for Central Painting Inc. They are a great company and will be in a growth spirt shortly! When this state of emergency is completed I am certain they will hire me back. I would take the job for more money!

Great place to work. Boss was great made good money and had a fun time with new people i got to meet and didnt regret a thing about working here. would go back.

Management are completely out of touch with the employees

The current forman family running the stantech towers and the subcontracter employee relationships in the Edmonton location are a mess! They do nothing to build the teams up and allow their family to be foreman in all areas of the stantech towers. They treat their employees and subcontracters like they’re stupid and yell and swear at them daily. There’s no communication or problem solving just gossiping belittling and wrongfully blaming people for things others do or say! I feel sorry for the owners of the stantech towers. as the way things are going on that job site aren’t going to produce anything up to the expectations of where it should be!

Cons

Not a bad place to work. They keep you busy all year round though. Night shifts are often required and also relocating for extended periods of time.

Pros

Good hrs.

Cons

travels required for extended period of times

Productive and Involving

Performed a variety of tasks surrounding maintenance of utilities. Management was easy going and understanding. A lot of extremely nice, personable, employees, willing to answer any of your questions. Hardest part, would be the physical aspect of the job and the long hours. Some of the work was difficult, but management understood that.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

Long Hours

Long hours and travel.

This job had long work hours and good pay. If you work with the right supervisor work will be much more enjoyable than with others. Lots of travel between job locations.

This place is a joke

I was hired by this company and on the first day was left alone on a 300 million dollar project with no direction,no equipment,the so called supervisor takes off to Kamloops and leaves me to pick up the paint on foot by the way and to make sure it looks like something is being done .still haven't received my pay and was let go via text.as soon as they flew 2 people in from ontario.this company is a joke

Pros

Cons

Long hours no direction

Greedy, disorganized, unreasonable expections

Huge employee turn over. Huge lack of concern for employee's hours, pay or communication. Well known with lots of complaints at Employment Standards. Demanding and difficult to communicate issues with.

Worked you into the ground. Always wanted more hours out of you

50 hrs/week every week wasn't enough for them. If they could the would get you in every Saturday and Sunday if you were willing. They 're regular guys forced them to work 10-12hrs a day and Saturday-Sunday. No life-work balance terrible place to work for.

fun place to work

great people good management big jobs ,room for advancement ,great wages ,hard work long hours steady contracts good benefits fun job

Pros

good wages

Busy but fun workplace

A typical day of work would be juggling many different things from phone calls to emails to reviewing contracts to travel arrangements to completing WSIB claims, etc. I learned how to interact with all staff from labourer to president giving each person the same time and respect. The hardest part of my job would have been time management as their never seemed to be enough time in the day but I overcame this by taking some time management courses and prioritizing my day based on urgency. The most enjoyable part would have been the interaction between myself and my co-workers.

Pros

People I worked with

Cons

Having to be available 24-7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Painting Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement