Central Mountain Air

Central Mountain Air Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed the time that I worked for them The hours did drag a little some days as happens with any job. I only left as a better opportunity came along.
I’ve been working for CMA for 2 years and absolutely love my base. YXS has an amazing management team and we work alongside the other airlines very well, everyone is like one big family at the airport. This job takes a lot of dedication and training is a decent amount of work as there are lots of company policy’s and Transport Canada / company training courses completed before you are eligible for some parts of the jo. All in all this place has been an absolute pleasure to work at and I highly recommend this job if you have a passion for aviation
Pros
Good communication skills between management and employees
Cons
Delays (but that’s part of the job)
I really liked my manager, however, because he had to manage other stations in other cities he was always very busy. He was friendly, personable and approachable but I felt he wasn’t respected as he should have and things didn’t really change. My coworkers had been there a long time and did things they way they wanted which wasn’t always correct or safe. If I brought up an issue it was either ignored or met with anger. About 50% of them didn’t come to work on time or stayed for their entire shift, some claiming full hours. I worked with them and submitted their time cards so I know. I was told they had been talked to but over the months it didn’t change. I felt taken advantage of when asked to cover a shift by myself when two of us were scheduled. I should have said something but results showed it wouldn’t have helped. I left within a week of another employee quitting who felt the same way. That said, CMA’s flight and cabin crews were always nice and professional.
Pros
Getting paid a full day for about an hour’s worth of work, airline operations experience, fight benefits if you can use them
Cons
Everything else
I have found working for this company is great, the management and co-workers are friendly and help you feel part of the team and even family like. I love working here!
Working long, long, long days (14+ hours) for just over minimum wage isn’t worth it. Management is two-faced and doesn’t seem to actually care about you as a person, despite what they tell you in training. It may be an ok place to get your feet wet in aviation but move on as quick as you can.
Very poor management from head office. There are not enough flights resulting in no hours therefore; no money. Poor communication from dispatch and other bases.
Pros
Lots of time off, flight benefits
Cons
No hours, no money
Small friendly family like airline. Employees were a mix of young pilots and older professionals who worked well together. A typical day in Dispatch began at 0300 to prepare for the first departure from Alberta. And the evening shift ended with the last arrival of the day.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Remote location
I enjoyed working here. There is much to learn, it is ever changing and evolving. No two days are alike. I learned a lot on how to work independently, as well as with a team.
Pros
Working with people
A great company with a diverse and friendly work force. This company is perfect for growing and learning. Lots of flexibility and support within the company.
The job is quite repetitive, but all in all the majority of ramp jobs are quite repetitive. This job is best suited for someone who is willing to work a lot. There is usually lots of work to go around and often delays making you stay later. 12 hour shifts are quite normal which can be nice if you only want to work a few days a week. The management is a completely different story. There is overall not a lot of management especially in regards to the ramp. the pay is on average with other ramp jobs which is not all to great ($13/hour) The culture was personally one of the worst attributes about this position and which ultimately led me to leave. Expect to hear pilot talk a lot! You will be working under the pilots for you entire time at CMA. They will look down on you and kind of boss you around. The majority of other ramp agents there when I was working were pilots. This can be good or bad depending on your opinion of pilots. Overall, if you need a quick job with lots of hours work here, but it is not long term.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Little Management, Working outdoors, Repetitive, Poor work culture
Can get stressful throughout the day due to some passengers but nothing to really complain about sometimes. Coworkers are the reason why I look forward to working. Learned many different things regarding, check in, boarding passengers and operations of an airline
Pros
flexibility on 15 min breaks
Cons
long work hours, not flexible hours due to seniority
Friendly people here, makes you enjoy coming to the workplace. Everyone works as a team. Good foot in the door type job for aviation.
I really enjoyed working for this company. Co-workers are helpful, friendly and really care about one another. Flying benefits are great, only had to pay the taxes.
Great place for building time as a pilot. Not really a place to hang your hat and stay for your career but, good for younger pilots looking to move on to airlines.
working with passengers and helping them with all needs possible
Pros
great people to work with and easy to talk to if needed
Cons
split shifts
I worked in an accounting office. I needed to be highly motivated individual to complete my deadlines throughout the day/month. Multitasking was an asset. On a daily basis I downloaded and uploaded files and I audited these files to ensure that they were correct. I also audited all the airline tickets that were sold through the reservation department and online. Problem solving could be a challenge at times, but each department would provide as much information to help me as best as they could. The Accounting Office was organized and managed very well, so working there was enjoyable.
Pros
inexpensive airline tickets were provided for employees.
Cons
the salary.
Lots of organization involved, although the benefits pay off
Pros
lots of friendly people
Cons
low pay