Central Health

Central Health Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.9Job security & advancement

Overall a great place to work

Overall a supportive and friendly work environment. A broad range of work opportunities. Salaries are good. Benefits are pretty good but could improve. Not enough opportunity for professional development.

Pros

Co-Workers are supportive

Cons

Lack of professional development, lack of cafeteria most times

Great career

You'll get a lot of training and skill knowledge what to do in situations that you might get into your job consistently moving and helping patients get through each day

poor

Management is put in to departments with zero previous management experience, feels like management is setting up is workers for failure before the shift even starts. unrealistic expectations, not enough medical equipment for the required daily surgeries, far to much micro managing and lack of over all moral. When manger hears something she doesn't like, she runs upstairs and get other management to deal with the issues.. they will praise staff up and then chew a strip off the workers. Not enough pay for the daily stress that staff is put through

Nice place to work. Co workers are nice to work with. Management are nice. Work in different areas when hired until you get a permanent position. The first year is the hardest.

Productive work environment

Working as a ward clerk for Central Health has been the best experience of my working career, thus far. I have been trained by some amazing ladies, the managers are the most supportive, understanding, and motivating I've ever had. I am leaving this place behind with nothing but great memories.

Busy Workplace with Opportunities for Advancement

I love working here. I find that in the run of a shift, that there is so much to learn and I always feel like I'm learning something new everyday. There is so much to do during the day, that it makes the shifts fly by in the blink of an eye. The staff are friendly, the management is amazing. Everyone helps each other out, and there is always an opportunity for career advancement and education training. The most enjoyable part of my job as an LPN would be getting to know the residents and patients that I work with. They all have a story, and they all love to share their life experiences.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Call in Position

Govt. job with pension and benefits after 3 months. Good pay.

Good work environment with a chance to share your experience while dealing with clients. Helped to develop a sense of purpose while helping those who were no longer able to care for themselves.

Pros

Pension and benefits, unionized.

Cons

on call hours no security with regards to full time work

Fair. Social atmosphere.

Fair place to work with support from immediate supervisor and collegues. Opportunities to participate in quality improvement and multi-disciplinary team activities.

Cons

Lack of financial support for continuing education and professional development

there was low moral work

everything done a schedule and management over looking employees on regular basis, some social connections between different level of employees. Could be a wonderful place to have a career if properly managed.

Workterm placement

It was a good experience as a work term student. Co-workers were great to work with and I learned a lot. Would love to work there again.

Jobs at Central Health