Central Health

Central Health Employee Reviews in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL

Overall a great place to work

Overall a supportive and friendly work environment. A broad range of work opportunities. Salaries are good. Benefits are pretty good but could improve. Not enough opportunity for professional development.

Pros

Co-Workers are supportive

Cons

Lack of professional development, lack of cafeteria most times

A typical work day

A typical day at work for me involves a lot of typing of pathology reports, telephone operations, distributing pathology reports to physicians via fax and mail and preparing specimens for transportation to other health care facilities. The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team with other co-workers and completing the tasks on hand. The hardest part of the my job is knowing what some of these patients are dealing with due to a reports diagnosis.

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

Short breaks

It was just a great place to work

Central Regional Health care was just a wonderful place to work for me. They have all good co-workers. They would do anything to give you or anyone a helping hand.

Productive, happy employee

I'm use to working in a fast pace environment. I work well with others or on my own. Im very productive and an enjoyable employee to work along side of.

Overall central health is good

Good place to work for salary and benefits . Jobs I enjoy and take pride in . Management changes a lot and you have to change to meet demands of each individual

Benefits

Cons

Management has too high expectations

Great people to work with

Central Health is a great place to work, depending on the location. The people are great, overall I enjoy my job. Just wish the security was a bit more stable.

Govt. job with pension and benefits after 3 months. Good pay.

Good work environment with a chance to share your experience while dealing with clients. Helped to develop a sense of purpose while helping those who were no longer able to care for themselves.

Pros

Pension and benefits, unionized.

Cons

on call hours no security with regards to full time work

freindy and knowledgeable staff

bathing, changing attends, dressing, toileting needs, catheter care and feeding. Use of all lifts, recording and measuring. Charting on Computer. checking vitals

Great Company

Central Health is a great company to work with It. As the name suggested it is located in Central Newfoundland with multiple locations serving several communities. Great team work and interaction with residents and patient.

na

I work at central health has a personal care attendant..i have learned so much while working there..like just the little things in life is what make people smile..how to handle a bad sitchuation when accures..how to approach the residents when in a bad or fail mood...I work with with 31 co workers each day n there easy to work with very kind and pleasant to with with..the hardest part of my job is to have to watch familys go thru such hurt and pain when loosig a love one...the most thing I enjoy the most is putting a smile on my residants faces everyday:)

Pros

Cons

12 hr shifts

Workterm placement

It was a good experience as a work term student. Co-workers were great to work with and I learned a lot. Would love to work there again.

Fun Place to Work

Very awesome job! The only reason I am applying for any position is I would like a change and to make more money. All my co workers are like one big family. A typical day is I arrive in the morning to unlock the Community Health Care centre I check all my messages and from their my day is fairly very busy with referrals, deadlines for reports, ordering office supplies and stock for med room, entering payroll and data. Setting up reservations for meetings, travel, etc. My phone is always busy with clients and vendors calling. I am also the fire marshell for the building along with ensuring all the staff are equipped with the proper mask in case of an emergency, this has to be done yearly, along with attending Occupational health and safety meetings. I have worked for Central Health now for 11 years and have had many positions and learned a great deal. The best part of my job is working with clients and getting to meet so many people and of course my co workers knowing that at the end of the day I have done my job and made everyone happy.

Pros

Get an hour for lunch

Cons

never no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement