Central Health

Central Health Employee Reviews in Gander, NL

Nice place to work. Co workers are nice to work with. Management are nice. Work in different areas when hired until you get a permanent position. The first year is the hardest.

poor

Management is put in to departments with zero previous management experience, feels like management is setting up is workers for failure before the shift even starts. unrealistic expectations, not enough medical equipment for the required daily surgeries, far to much micro managing and lack of over all moral. When manger hears something she doesn't like, she runs upstairs and get other management to deal with the issues.. they will praise staff up and then chew a strip off the workers. Not enough pay for the daily stress that staff is put through

Fast paced health care sector. Always a new problem to solve.

This is a healthcare sector job that is fast paced and challenging. There is always something new happening or a new problem to solve. Lots of teamwork and individual projects to work on.

Management issues

I love doing what I do but there are certain individuals within the management of the hospital who are big bullies and take their power for granted. They treat their employees very unfairly and they get away with it.

Productive work environment

Working as a ward clerk for Central Health has been the best experience of my working career, thus far. I have been trained by some amazing ladies, the managers are the most supportive, understanding, and motivating I've ever had. I am leaving this place behind with nothing but great memories.

Busy Workplace with Opportunities for Advancement

I love working here. I find that in the run of a shift, that there is so much to learn and I always feel like I'm learning something new everyday. There is so much to do during the day, that it makes the shifts fly by in the blink of an eye. The staff are friendly, the management is amazing. Everyone helps each other out, and there is always an opportunity for career advancement and education training. The most enjoyable part of my job as an LPN would be getting to know the residents and patients that I work with. They all have a story, and they all love to share their life experiences.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Call in Position

Fair. Social atmosphere.

Fair place to work with support from immediate supervisor and collegues. Opportunities to participate in quality improvement and multi-disciplinary team activities.

Cons

Lack of financial support for continuing education and professional development

Jobs at Central Health