Central Alberta Co-op

Central Alberta Co-op Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I enjoyed working with Co-op. The hours and pay were good and they provided many opportunities for growth and advancement. Very much a team player and supportive of local communities.
I worked there for 2 years in high school, it was a great place to work they treat you very fairly, just do your share and show initiative. And you will enjoy it
Lacombe co op is probably the best to work for. None of the other Agro sites are . Innisfail is terrible. Managers unorganized and staff just lazy. You won’t know if your coming or going. You’ll be told your hired to do a certain job or jobs and you will end up doing something totally different . Too many people trying to run the place.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
First job I had while attending high school It is a great place to work however I am looking for full time employment in a higher status. I have been employed here for 8 years.
Pros
Great flexable hours
Cons
no future advancement
Great managers at all stores. Given many opportunities at other locations as I gained experience. Co workers are good, however let the younger staff to a lot of the work.
I loved working for this company, just about everyone there was happy to be at work. Made a lot of friends and the higher ups were more than happy to help if you needed them.
Pros
great teams
Cons
don't expect weekends off
Overall, a great starter job. Was very repetitive however and some employees were not hard-working which was frustrating. Management was not constant, which caused some grievances. Often evenings and weekends which is annoying and very slow to advance in salary.
Pros
easy, relaxed, accomidating
Cons
evening/weekends/holidays, slow wage increase
I loved the customers and my peers. Knowledgable staff. All very helpful staff if you needed anything. Ongoing learning amongst members. All in all, it was a good place to be
Red Deer was not a part of Central Alberta Coop when I was employed there. My rating is based on my experience at the time. I have no current knowledge of the administration or policies
Pros
Fun and good training
Cons
Poor leadership
For the most part, this job was good, regular raises, steady pay and hours. Each department has differnent managers, the cashier manager is a very bitter woman who is very caddy and likes to gossip about the staff, very unprofessional.
Pros
good hours
Cons
staff members are unprofessinal
A great company to work for with great people. But the opportunity for advancement leaves a lot to be desired. You can be a long term part time employee, but to try and get any advancement at all is almost impossible.
I didn't like working here mainly because of management. Whenever you had an emergency and you called in to work they expected you to drop this emergency and go to work. Also they cut your hours back if you didn't show up to work.
Pros
Decent amount of breaks.
Cons
Management unfair
-Ring through grocery orders, stock shelves, face isles
-I've learned strong customer service skills

-loved my co-workers and managment
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours
Cons
repetative
Co-op is a friendly environment, with hard working employees. All the employees and employers treat you like a friend. They teach you the basics of what you need to know and from there you learn as you go. After a days work, you're always proud of what you have accomplished.
Pros
Good people, good working environment
Cons
Repetitive, not enough hours
selling building materials to retail customers and contractors . hardest part of job dealing with rude customers
Pros
nice office, good software program
Cons
co-workers, bad managment, low pay