Centra Industries Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 July 2016
central industries is a fun workplace, food people good management, and good shifts to work too. they are very health and safety cautious
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a good place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 July 2016
ran a few cnc machines. they lay off people and expect you to run more machines while not getting paid more.
Amazing technology and workplace
Painter (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 March 2016
I started working at centra around December 2015 in the paint department and from my first day there , I felt like part of the team .
Very friendly staff and management are encouraging and helpful and it is a great place to learn all about the aerospace industry if you want to .
I find it to be one of the best plants I have ever worked in and am grateful for the opportunity I have been given to come on board and be part of the team there at centra .
I see it growing and a lot of stability within it so I am happy to be on Board with them .
Breaks are decent and pay is ok so I don't have anything bad to say about this company at all .
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Pay scales
A very large company, accompishing modern innovative things, using very outdated tools and practices
team member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 January 2016
Centra still has remnants of when it was a ma and pa shop. Many things that are being conducted are plain outdated and require excessive work and resources to accomplish. There is an unrealistic expedite culture. It seem expediting is prefered to planning.

Compensation packages is the best I have ever seen. High salaries, 3 week min vacation, RRSP match, Profit sharing and Quarterly Bonuses.

There is question if this will last as many contracts are ending and the contracts that are left, margins have been slashed. It will be very tedious in the next few years.
Pros
Excellent compensation, Qcb, Rrsp, Profit sharing.
Cons
new contracts? Uses outdated tools and techniques / Expedite culture
Easy work,Helpful Lead Hands and QA.
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 November 2015
Helpful Lead Hands and QA people.An easy job,although their time quotas don't add up to an 8hr day,and some quota times are just not possible.Perhaps if the part is perfect from the time it has left the CNC those times may be possible.But due to alot of chatter and rough parts it takes longer to deburr them to their strict tolerances.
Pros
Easy work, friendly Superiors.
Cons
Training is horrible, being clean shaven everyday.
Productive and fun work place that kid of reminds you of a larger( mom and pop style) company
finisher/polisher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 October 2015
Good workplace environment with a caring and supportive management team. Fairly good benefits and RRSP package and other monetary perks that come with good attendance.
24/7 business driven by production but also cares about it's employees
assembly
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge ON21 September 2015
management not very approachable
co-workers were nice
asked to work overtime, but no supervisor to tell what to do,(I was new to the job, came on a couple of Saturdays, there was no one working in my department, so I was left wondering what to do.)
I was there for less than three months did not enjoy my experience
working there.
Co-workers made it abundantly clear that they felt there was not enough work for new employees
Work instructions provided at work stations were well out of date.
Management offered no feedback to new trainees.
The one good manager I had was put on another shift, BIG MISTAKE,
New manager was really not helpful at all, always leaving to go to meetings, or he was late in mornings
THIS WAS THE WORST WORKING ENVIRONMENT I EVER EXPERIENCED.
I followed work instructions provided by the co-workers, but parts came back to me for re-work. The W/I were out-dated.
POOR MANAGEMENT
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
Poor training, out-of-date work instructions
Goal oriented place and comfortable and friendly working environment
Deburring (Former Employee) –  Cambridge,ON31 August 2015
A conducive environment for workers and also friendly supervisors who are ready and willing to make sure you understand what you are expected to do
Work with social activity during summer and Christmas
CNC machine operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 July 2015
- Perform daily maintenance of the machines
- Communicate with co workers about the activity of the shift
- Update dispatch and review the work orders
- Collaborate with the team member
- Perform KPC of finished parts
- Check safety before running machines
good workplace
Assembler / Material Handling / Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 June 2015
worked for 11 years
made friends and was a good job
enjoyed the work wasn't too hard
employees were friendly and company made good profits
Some good people
cnc technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 May 2015
This company has good potential but management needs to fix some supervisors and team leads buddy buddy system. Once your good at a job that's where you stay no moving up. They don't pay for any kind of school they just reimburse you for course only. Supervisors will look out for their team leads and throw anyone else under the bus. Operation is 24/7, 12 hr continental shift. Reviews get done once a year but you get your money after 3-4 months later never on time. Profit sharing is held back 45 days. Nothing is ever on time in this place a lot of people just stress. Supervisors nor team lead have any ideas about machines or how they operate.
Pros
profit sharing each quarter
Cons
management
Centra Ind
Shipper & Receiver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 April 2015
Great people to work beside plant wide.

Interesting parts to ship out as not all same sized product.

Every day is different paced some slow and others very fast paced.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
low pay rate
Productive occupation
(Aerospace)-Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 April 2015
This is a great company to work for!! High productivity, average wages, with good atmosphere, friendly fellow employees to work with and good security for aerospace industry. Located localling in Cambridge with parking passes provided to employees as well as security badges
Pros
Always busy, good security, good atmosphere
Cons
limited parking
impossible demands
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2015
They work you to the bone and they pay you scraps and they just bank on the fact you need a job. They also pay you out vacation pay twice a year i have never heard of this ever its so you cant afford to take time off. This in my opinion is a last resort job they promise you the chance to move up but its all talk
Pros
people you work with
Cons
managment
Good place to work at
General Assembler/Driller (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 December 2014
A typical day would be drilling airplane parts then assembling them. Hardest part of the job is drilling, as some of the tolerances are as low as 0.002", but I enjoyed this challenge and this is my favorite part of the job. Management is really nice. We receive profit sharing, after each quarter, every employee gets a share of the profits that the company makes. Plenty of overtime if wanted.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly co-workers and management. Profit sharing.
Cons
working night shift, 5-3:30am
World class manufacturer of precision aerostructure components and assemblies.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2014
Centra recruits candidates at all levels, including co-op placements, recent post-secondary graduates and intermediate to senior level personnel. Through a progressive interview process, and in some cases applicant skills-testing, Centra chooses team members who will contribute to our innovative, performance-based approach to business growth.