Centra Industries Employee Review

View all Centra Industries reviews

Pickering plant- big mess
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
Working here takes its human toll on you. You get a paycheck and benefits and RRSP but the only way to last is not to have any responsibility. If you are responsible it will wear you out from the demands and beatings. Best to keep your head down and work till end of the day.

If you like OT and don’t want to enjoy life outside of work, this is the place for you.

The company is on Expedite Watch by its main customer. New parts are late, and production parts are late. More money gettting burned by OT and rework and expedite charges. When this is all done, who knows who is left.

They layoff people many times in the year to Balance The Books.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits.
Cons
Crazy place to work. Stressful.

Other Centra Industries Employee Reviews

Horribly mismanaged company. Extremely weak senior management. No idea how to grow the business or even properly manage existing business. Very frustr
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2019
Work somewhere else, don’t invest your life in a sinking ship. The company will cease to exist after 2022
Management can be described as inept at best, destructive at worst. This company has been in a steady decline since 2013.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good work environment. Bad continental rotating shift
CNC Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2019
I enjoyed the work that I did there. Clean facilty, jobs are well layed out with information like how to setup and check jobs. Descent pay and compensation package.

Only problem I have is how can a company who says their #1 priority is employee health and safety, force them to work a shift that takes years off your life expectancy. Rotating 12 hour continental shift is very bad for you, I had to quit because my body couldnt take it anymore after 1 year.
Pros
Good work life. Benefits. Pension plan.
Cons
Rotating continental shift