Centra Industries Employee Review

View all Centra Industries reviews

Great, Learning & Challenging Co-op Experience!
Junior Engineer - Quality (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 October 2016
• Organized internal corrective action meetings on manufacturing as well as systemic issues such as training and standardization with subject matter experts
• Assigned responsibilities and end dates for task completion and plant wide corrective actions
• Reviewed and formally documented all corrective action progress throughout the manufacturing facility
• Designed and programmed a time embedded system in MS Excel to increase bottleneck capacity in inspection areas. The system was programmed using macros and was displayed on LCD screens throughout the facility, resulting in shrinking inspection time by 30%
• Compiled and maintained a weekly scrap log, rework and non-conformance reports for the quality department
• Analyzed quarterly reviews as well as created visual presentations for the corporate and our customers
• Professionally dealt with external source inspectors and analyzed customer quality report cards to investigate ongoing quality issues, resulting in implementation of improvement and quality measures in future production

Other Centra Industries Employee Reviews

Horribly mismanaged company. Extremely weak senior management. No idea how to grow the business or even properly manage existing business. Very frustr
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2019
Work somewhere else, don’t invest your life in a sinking ship. The company will cease to exist after 2022
Management can be described as inept at best, destructive at worst. This company has been in a steady decline since 2013.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good work environment. Bad continental rotating shift
CNC Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2019
I enjoyed the work that I did there. Clean facilty, jobs are well layed out with information like how to setup and check jobs. Descent pay and compensation package.

Only problem I have is how can a company who says their #1 priority is employee health and safety, force them to work a shift that takes years off your life expectancy. Rotating 12 hour continental shift is very bad for you, I had to quit because my body couldnt take it anymore after 1 year.
Pros
Good work life. Benefits. Pension plan.
Cons
Rotating continental shift