Centra Industries

Centra Industries Management reviews

Canada49 reviews
If you enjoy working for lead hands and supervisors that have no idea how to run a company and keep their employees motivated then this is the place for you. Team leads are not concerned with quality of work just quantity, just get things out the door, good or bad doesn’t matter. They will hire anyone off the street then get rid of you just as fast. There’s no room to grow in this company. Their motto is safety first but safety is the last thing that they really think about unless something happens and when it does they’ll just blame you for not being aware of your surroundings and walk you out the door. The employees there for the most part are great. Centra is a sinking ship and hopefully the good employees there smarten up and don’t go down with it.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management is only looking out for themselves
It is part of a big corporate now, but didn't change much at all. Pay is very low, or at least for me it was (ranges were all over the place). Job security? If you work hard for less pay, you will be fine, but will never have a chance to advance your career, despite your skills or qualifications.
Worked for 10 years, waiting to move on with my career, but just played "catching" or better say "throwing" game. I moved on with my career when I finally had enough and moved out there.

Management and CEO's turnovers made it more difficult to advance employees too, and definitely will make harder to evaluate the CEO below, (which one to pick?)
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Cannot advance your career.
Pros - Pay was okay, the people there were great, friendly.

Cons - Zero communication with staff from management, no room for advancement at all. Don’t bother complaining, or expressing your concerns at all, in one ear and out the other.

Okay if you’re inexperienced or new.
workdays are average and usual,safety is ok ,for self learning good place,management is not very favourable and cell leads are are not very knowledgeable .workplace culture is mix,some coworker are helpful but some are very rode.
If you are in production it is often forgotten about vs. machining. Poor quality, and poor assembly. Unsafe work standards. Not ergonomically thought out assembly stations. Very poor pay to assemblers.
Most of the time no one knew what they were doing. One supervisor was telling you one thing and someone else was yelling that you are doing it wrong. There was no communication between the levels, but the people on the shop floor are the most amazing supportive people I've ever met.

Don't expect to get paid fairly, and you will work ALOT of over-time.
If you are kisser then go otherwise find some go place to work. They expect like u r slave and show carrots of over time. Plant manager have no idea what he is doing and with out no any best educations just Goodwill of former president. Use less fellow.
Wow.
Managers all over the place (and "directors"). Nowhere to find true leader in this place.They are stuck somewhere in the past and just follow the orders of one/two persons, No initiative to implement any changes (resisting to changes because they are scared for their positions)
Salary is OK

No room for advancement unless you are relative or drinking buddy.

Good and intelligent people are leaving too soon.

Try to seek work somewhere else if you can
Pros
Salary
Cons
managers, directors, shift/cell leads, culture, ....
Work somewhere else, don’t invest your life in a sinking ship. The company will cease to exist after 2022
Management can be described as inept at best, destructive at worst. This company has been in a steady decline since 2013.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The aerospace industry is very interesting and I didn't mind my first couple weeks there after a while I started to feel pretty uncomfortable being thrown around all over the place and not staying in one position for too long.
Pros
Decent Wage, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Supervisors/ Management are idiots
Centre industries gave a fair pay, good hours, management was nice and accommodating, working environment was extremely clean. Only problem with working here was that you only got 2 paid 15 mins breaks.
Pros
Good hours
Low pay, high expectations of your work performance, management that is very reluctant to help, depressed overworked employees who don't want to talk to you, no contracts and HR department iis the worst in the long list and history of all the existing HR departments.
Pros
You get to learn about aerostructures a bit and see some cool equipment
Cons
Just about everything about that place.
Follow management instruction, even if you have to work nights and weekends. The job needs to get done even if you book vacation time. Management will only give to a little bit of a bonus, not the bonus you deserve.
Benefits
Cons
Typical day is show up, shut up and do as you're told. Team leads are emotional and sensitive, and any sarcasm or jokes that they dont like will get you a write up. Management is made up of the old boys club, very little to no room for advancement. Once you get posted to a job youre pretty much stuck working that one thing as team leads like to say "aces in their places". Rate of pay is extremely low for the type of work and the rate you are expected to do your job at. Overall its good for a short period but not long term.
Pros
bench work
Cons
Mandatory overtime, inexperienced emotional team leads
central industries is a fun workplace, food people good management, and good shifts to work too. they are very health and safety cautious
Pros
free lunch
Cons
ran a few cnc machines. they lay off people and expect you to run more machines while not getting paid more.
I started working at centra around December 2015 in the paint department and from my first day there , I felt like part of the team .
Very friendly staff and management are encouraging and helpful and it is a great place to learn all about the aerospace industry if you want to .
I find it to be one of the best plants I have ever worked in and am grateful for the opportunity I have been given to come on board and be part of the team there at centra .

I see it growing and a lot of stability within it so I am happy to be on Board with them .

Breaks are decent and pay is ok so I don't have anything bad to say about this company at all .
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Pay scales
Good workplace environment with a caring and supportive management team. Fairly good benefits and RRSP package and other monetary perks that come with good attendance.
24/7 business driven by production but also cares about it's employees
management not very approachable
co-workers were nice
asked to work overtime, but no supervisor to tell what to do,(I was new to the job, came on a couple of Saturdays, there was no one working in my department, so I was left wondering what to do.)

I was there for less than three months did not enjoy my experience

working there.

Co-workers made it abundantly clear that they felt there was not enough work for new employees

Work instructions provided at work stations were well out of date.

Management offered no feedback to new trainees.

The one good manager I had was put on another shift, BIG MISTAKE,

New manager was really not helpful at all, always leaving to go to meetings, or he was late in mornings

THIS WAS THE WORST WORKING ENVIRONMENT I EVER EXPERIENCED.

I followed work instructions provided by the co-workers, but parts came back to me for re-work. The W/I were out-dated.

POOR MANAGEMENT
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
Poor training, out-of-date work instructions
This company has good potential but management needs to fix some supervisors and team leads buddy buddy system. Once your good at a job that's where you stay no moving up. They don't pay for any kind of school they just reimburse you for course only. Supervisors will look out for their team leads and throw anyone else under the bus. Operation is 24/7, 12 hr continental shift. Reviews get done once a year but you get your money after 3-4 months later never on time. Profit sharing is held back 45 days. Nothing is ever on time in this place a lot of people just stress. Supervisors nor team lead have any ideas about machines or how they operate.
Pros
profit sharing each quarter
Cons
management
A typical day would be drilling airplane parts then assembling them. Hardest part of the job is drilling, as some of the tolerances are as low as 0.002", but I enjoyed this challenge and this is my favorite part of the job. Management is really nice. We receive profit sharing, after each quarter, every employee gets a share of the profits that the company makes. Plenty of overtime if wanted.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly co-workers and management. Profit sharing.
Cons
working night shift, 5-3:30am