Centra Industries

Centra Industries Employee Reviews for Assembler

Assembler8 reviews
Canada8 reviews
If you enjoy working for lead hands and supervisors that have no idea how to run a company and keep their employees motivated then this is the place for you. Team leads are not concerned with quality of work just quantity, just get things out the door, good or bad doesn’t matter. They will hire anyone off the street then get rid of you just as fast. There’s no room to grow in this company. Their motto is safety first but safety is the last thing that they really think about unless something happens and when it does they’ll just blame you for not being aware of your surroundings and walk you out the door. The employees there for the most part are great. Centra is a sinking ship and hopefully the good employees there smarten up and don’t go down with it.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management is only looking out for themselves
I am a worker with a disability
I worked three days. they said before the

end of the shirt my services were no longer needed

with out a explanation
Pros
Cons
mgmt on floor
repetitive work, not much room for advancement. There are two factories beside one and other, one is very clean the other is terrible. Hard to breath the air is so dirty.
Pros
decent pay, lots of hours available
Cons
unorganized
The aerospace industry is very interesting and I didn't mind my first couple weeks there after a while I started to feel pretty uncomfortable being thrown around all over the place and not staying in one position for too long.
Pros
Decent Wage, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Supervisors/ Management are idiots
Low pay, high expectations of your work performance, management that is very reluctant to help, depressed overworked employees who don't want to talk to you, no contracts and HR department iis the worst in the long list and history of all the existing HR departments.
Pros
You get to learn about aerostructures a bit and see some cool equipment
Cons
Just about everything about that place.
Typical day is show up, shut up and do as you're told. Team leads are emotional and sensitive, and any sarcasm or jokes that they dont like will get you a write up. Management is made up of the old boys club, very little to no room for advancement. Once you get posted to a job youre pretty much stuck working that one thing as team leads like to say "aces in their places". Rate of pay is extremely low for the type of work and the rate you are expected to do your job at. Overall its good for a short period but not long term.
Pros
bench work
Cons
Mandatory overtime, inexperienced emotional team leads
central industries is a fun workplace, food people good management, and good shifts to work too. they are very health and safety cautious
Pros
free lunch
management not very approachable
co-workers were nice

asked to work overtime, but no supervisor to tell what to do,(I was new to the job, came on a couple of Saturdays, there was no one working in my department, so I was left wondering what to do.)

I was there for less than three months did not enjoy my experience

working there.

Co-workers made it abundantly clear that they felt there was not enough work for new employees

Work instructions provided at work stations were well out of date.

Management offered no feedback to new trainees.

The one good manager I had was put on another shift, BIG MISTAKE,

New manager was really not helpful at all, always leaving to go to meetings, or he was late in mornings

THIS WAS THE WORST WORKING ENVIRONMENT I EVER EXPERIENCED.

I followed work instructions provided by the co-workers, but parts came back to me for re-work. The W/I were out-dated.

POOR MANAGEMENT
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
Poor training, out-of-date work instructions
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centra Industries?