Centra Industries

Centra Industries Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

Cambridge, ON45 reviews
If you enjoy working for lead hands and supervisors that have no idea how to run a company and keep their employees motivated then this is the place for you. Team leads are not concerned with quality of work just quantity, just get things out the door, good or bad doesn’t matter. They will hire anyone off the street then get rid of you just as fast. There’s no room to grow in this company. Their motto is safety first but safety is the last thing that they really think about unless something happens and when it does they’ll just blame you for not being aware of your surroundings and walk you out the door. The employees there for the most part are great. Centra is a sinking ship and hopefully the good employees there smarten up and don’t go down with it.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management is only looking out for themselves
It is part of a big corporate now, but didn't change much at all. Pay is very low, or at least for me it was (ranges were all over the place). Job security? If you work hard for less pay, you will be fine, but will never have a chance to advance your career, despite your skills or qualifications.
Worked for 10 years, waiting to move on with my career, but just played "catching" or better say "throwing" game. I moved on with my career when I finally had enough and moved out there.

Management and CEO's turnovers made it more difficult to advance employees too, and definitely will make harder to evaluate the CEO below, (which one to pick?)
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Cannot advance your career.
Pros - Pay was okay, the people there were great, friendly.

Cons - Zero communication with staff from management, no room for advancement at all. Don’t bother complaining, or expressing your concerns at all, in one ear and out the other.

Okay if you’re inexperienced or new.
workdays are average and usual,safety is ok ,for self learning good place,management is not very favourable and cell leads are are not very knowledgeable .workplace culture is mix,some coworker are helpful but some are very rode.
rotating continental shift ok for some not for others. depending on your life style. Fast paced with inspection being a little less than expected due to speed .
This is a good place to work if you want steady employment. It is also a good place to move up and learn new jobs. However they do not seem to want to pay you the usual rate once you move up. People are not that friendly either.
Pros
Over time and steady employment
Cons
Not a friendly place. Everyone only cares about their self
Centra is an ok place to work. Nothing extremely bad or extremely good. Just an average workplace. Pay and benefits are in line with other similar companies.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Shift work. 12 hour nightshifts are very difficult.
If you are in production it is often forgotten about vs. machining. Poor quality, and poor assembly. Unsafe work standards. Not ergonomically thought out assembly stations. Very poor pay to assemblers.
While working over there, I found a exellent humans, good eviroment and great experience.
It was a short term as I have ONLY 3 months contract, but I enjoyed it.
If you are kisser then go otherwise find some go place to work. They expect like u r slave and show carrots of over time. Plant manager have no idea what he is doing and with out no any best educations just Goodwill of former president. Use less fellow.
Wow.
Managers all over the place (and "directors"). Nowhere to find true leader in this place.They are stuck somewhere in the past and just follow the orders of one/two persons, No initiative to implement any changes (resisting to changes because they are scared for their positions)

Salary is OK

No room for advancement unless you are relative or drinking buddy.

Good and intelligent people are leaving too soon.

Try to seek work somewhere else if you can
Pros
Salary
Cons
managers, directors, shift/cell leads, culture, ....
Work somewhere else, don’t invest your life in a sinking ship. The company will cease to exist after 2022
Management can be described as inept at best, destructive at worst. This company has been in a steady decline since 2013.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I enjoyed the work that I did there. Clean facilty, jobs are well layed out with information like how to setup and check jobs. Descent pay and compensation package.

Only problem I have is how can a company who says their #1 priority is employee health and safety, force them to work a shift that takes years off your life expectancy. Rotating 12 hour continental shift is very bad for you, I had to quit because my body couldnt take it anymore after 1 year.
Pros
Good work life. Benefits. Pension plan.
Cons
Rotating continental shift
Maintenance expected to take care of 2 facilities on the offshifts alone. Maintenance has a hard time keeping members because low pay and working alone on shift. Reviews aren’t worth the time. Buddy buddy system. Dead end place, very cheap to their maintenance persons. No tool allowance and talked down to by everyone. Expected to be a janitor on a daily basis. Go elsewhere.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Micro managed
good company to work with.
12hr continental shift is good comapre to other shifts.

Great people,friendly, good working atmosphere, prefarable night shift.
I am a worker with a disability
I worked three days. they said before the

end of the shirt my services were no longer needed

with out a explanation
Pros
Cons
mgmt on floor
Working at Centra Industries was an interesting experience. The position was not what I expected when I accepted the position, but seemed to be a decent placed to work overall.
repetitive work, not much room for advancement. There are two factories beside one and other, one is very clean the other is terrible. Hard to breath the air is so dirty.
Pros
decent pay, lots of hours available
Cons
unorganized
The aerospace industry is very interesting and I didn't mind my first couple weeks there after a while I started to feel pretty uncomfortable being thrown around all over the place and not staying in one position for too long.
Pros
Decent Wage, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Supervisors/ Management are idiots
Centre industries gave a fair pay, good hours, management was nice and accommodating, working environment was extremely clean. Only problem with working here was that you only got 2 paid 15 mins breaks.
Pros
Good hours
In my typical day at work I had set up and operate a variety of CNC Machines.

I learned about new CNC controllers and how to set up and operate different CNC machines working with hard material.
Pros
Well organized working environment
Cons
Continental shift