Centra Industries Employee Reviews

Horribly mismanaged company. Extremely weak senior management. No idea how to grow the business or even properly manage existing business. Very frustr
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2019
Work somewhere else, don’t invest your life in a sinking ship. The company will cease to exist after 2022
Management can be described as inept at best, destructive at worst. This company has been in a steady decline since 2013.
Pros
Pay
Wouldn’t recommend
CNC Maintenance Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 January 2019
Maintenance expected to take care of 2 facilities on the offshifts alone. Maintenance has a hard time keeping members because low pay and working alone on shift. Reviews aren’t worth the time. Buddy buddy system. Dead end place, very cheap to their maintenance persons. No tool allowance and talked down to by everyone. Expected to be a janitor on a daily basis. Go elsewhere.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Micro managed
Good company.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 November 2018
good company to work with.
12hr continental shift is good comapre to other shifts.
Great people,friendly, good working atmosphere, prefarable night shift.
Discrimination
assembly unwrapping painted parts (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 October 2018
I am a worker with a disability
I worked three days. they said before the
end of the shirt my services were no longer needed
with out a explanation
Pros
Cons
mgmt on floor
Interesting
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 July 2018
Working at Centra Industries was an interesting experience. The position was not what I expected when I accepted the position, but seemed to be a decent placed to work overall.
Work is steady but management is unorganized.
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 May 2018
repetitive work, not much room for advancement. There are two factories beside one and other, one is very clean the other is terrible. Hard to breath the air is so dirty.
Pros
decent pay, lots of hours available
Cons
unorganized
Pickering plant- big mess
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
Working here takes its human toll on you. You get a paycheck and benefits and RRSP but the only way to last is not to have any responsibility. If you are responsible it will wear you out from the demands and beatings. Best to keep your head down and work till end of the day.

If you like OT and don’t want to enjoy life outside of work, this is the place for you.

The company is on Expedite Watch by its main customer. New parts are late, and production parts are late. More money gettting burned by OT and rework and expedite charges. When this is all done, who knows who is left.

They layoff people many times in the year to Balance The Books.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits.
Cons
Crazy place to work. Stressful.
Not a place for everybody
Deburring, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 February 2018
The aerospace industry is very interesting and I didn't mind my first couple weeks there after a while I started to feel pretty uncomfortable being thrown around all over the place and not staying in one position for too long.
Pros
Decent Wage, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Supervisors/ Management are idiots
Centra industries is a great place to work at
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 January 2018
Centre industries gave a fair pay, good hours, management was nice and accommodating, working environment was extremely clean. Only problem with working here was that you only got 2 paid 15 mins breaks.
Pros
Good hours
Good company, interesting work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 December 2017
In my typical day at work I had set up and operate a variety of CNC Machines.

I learned about new CNC controllers and how to set up and operate different CNC machines working with hard material.
Pros
Well organized working environment
Cons
Continental shift
Met some nice people
Assembly/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 August 2017
I was not comfortable working at Centra because the way I was trained in assembly was very nerve racking. They never offered scrap parts to practise on.
Steady Work
Profit Sharing
Corporately owned
ok place to work
433A apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 July 2017
My day would start by checking the critical systems in the plant.
As a millwright apprentice I gained decent experience with fixing CNC machines. The hardest part of the job was being alone on night shift most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a long weekend every other weekend.
Pros
employee stock purchase plan, RRSP's
Just apply somewhere else, you'll be better off.
Assembly Cell Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 May 2017
Low pay, high expectations of your work performance, management that is very reluctant to help, depressed overworked employees who don't want to talk to you, no contracts and HR department iis the worst in the long list and history of all the existing HR departments.
Pros
You get to learn about aerostructures a bit and see some cool equipment
Cons
Just about everything about that place.
Managment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON29 May 2017
Follow management instruction, even if you have to work nights and weekends. The job needs to get done even if you book vacation time. Management will only give to a little bit of a bonus, not the bonus you deserve.
Benefits
Mostly a dead end
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 March 2017
Typical day is show up, shut up and do as you're told. Team leads are emotional and sensitive, and any sarcasm or jokes that they dont like will get you a write up. Management is made up of the old boys club, very little to no room for advancement. Once you get posted to a job youre pretty much stuck working that one thing as team leads like to say "aces in their places". Rate of pay is extremely low for the type of work and the rate you are expected to do your job at. Overall its good for a short period but not long term.
Pros
bench work
Cons
Mandatory overtime, inexperienced emotional team leads
loved working in the Areospace environment
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 February 2017
I enjoyed working with the different materials and learning new things every day. I worked in shipping as well as I was an assembler. I would be placed at my own station with my blueprint and I would build airplane parts for Bowing and many other well known airplane companies.
Great, Learning & Challenging Co-op Experience!
Junior Engineer - Quality (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 October 2016
• Organized internal corrective action meetings on manufacturing as well as systemic issues such as training and standardization with subject matter experts
• Assigned responsibilities and end dates for task completion and plant wide corrective actions
• Reviewed and formally documented all corrective action progress throughout the manufacturing facility
• Designed and programmed a time embedded system in MS Excel to increase bottleneck capacity in inspection areas. The system was programmed using macros and was displayed on LCD screens throughout the facility, resulting in shrinking inspection time by 30%
• Compiled and maintained a weekly scrap log, rework and non-conformance reports for the quality department
• Analyzed quarterly reviews as well as created visual presentations for the corporate and our customers
• Professionally dealt with external source inspectors and analyzed customer quality report cards to investigate ongoing quality issues, resulting in implementation of improvement and quality measures in future production
Excellent place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 September 2016
The company allows flexibility in your workday . My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I have learnt new things and improved my skills.
Pros
all paid breaks
Aircraft company
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 August 2016
Some very great people to work beside as well as some not so great people to work with.

Job is never the same from one day to the next. Which always keeps thing engaging.

Short notice for shift changes.

Not to supportive for safe work environment and will let you go if you make to many complaints.
Pros
Job will be there for as long as there is Airplanes in the sky
Cons
Low Pay.